Drop Rates for Armor Fragments Purple lvl 200

Let's talk about... everything else
iagdtod

Drop Rates for Armor Fragments Purple lvl 200

Post#1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Would other scavengers who go after purple armor talis share their recent experience? I went back to farming after a break and I have a sense of how many purple frags over a set time I get and I have gotten none over a period I would have thought I'd have gotten at least a few. I realise this might just be unlucky rng but it's enough for me to ask if anyone else is having difficulty? I've heard anecdotally of a couple of others complaining as well. To give some numbers I farmed 22 purple frags (non armor), 16 blue armor frags, around 300 lvl200 coins and 210 gold dust. As it's possible I'm just having bad luck I didn't want to bug report until I get any other evidence. Maybe some lucky scavenger is rolling in armor frags at the moment.

Anyway, if you have scavenged armor frags in the past and you are noticing a difference recently then please post. If it's going as normal for you, then please post as well so I can get some motivation to go back and try again.
Deleuze Chosen

Ads
Detangler

Re: Drop Rates for Armor Fragments Purple lvl 200

Post#2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm

I dont believe they exist, lol. I've never gotten a 200 purp armor fragment, only blues.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dshdf

Post#3 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Chance for 200 purple armor frag is about 0.3% from a champ+ body. It's about 300 champs per frag with average luck. And AFAIK ror uses pure random for drop, which means your chance is always the same ~0.3% percent no matter how many kills you did without looting armor frag

Arixe

Post#4 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:57 pm

The fact is that when they took sov. armor drops out of the gold bags in cities is when the purple armor frags dried up.I assume they messed up something in the code. I farm for them on a regular basis and can tell you since that patch i have not had a single purple armor drop. Even the other purple frags drops have decreased to almost nill. Kill count of 3000+ champ mobs since then and no purple armor and four purple random frags along with eight blue armor frags.Something is up for sure.

iagdtod

Post#5 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Thanks Arixe, that's my experience that something changed.
Deleuze Chosen

Vayra

Post#6 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 pm

I've been getting about 1 purple fragment (not always armor, but more often than others) per wing when doing Gunbad recently. Occasionally two.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

jasonX
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 am

We farmed graves on Gunbad a bit and we do have the same feeling that the drop rates on armor fragments got messed up.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:46 am

Crafting drops are in server code, they haven't been changed. Luck and conspiracy at work here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
ZamnilBlackaxe1989

Post#9 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:59 am

I remember back in Live I'd always get the best results for purple fragments from the mobs in Sigmars Crypts and Lost Vale. That's probably just foggy memory and confirmation bias talking though, but it did feel like the drop rate was better for the mobs in there.