Recent Topics

Ads

Chaos Chosen 2H PvP Build Suggestions/Add-Ons

Let's talk about... everything else
FlashChi

Chaos Chosen 2H PvP Build Suggestions/Add-Ons

Post#1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Looking for some suggestions for a 2H PvP build/ armor suggestions. Currently in T1 lvl 11. Also looking for suggestions for add-ons to use. Currently have Enemy and Pure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ads
Wiede

Re: Chaos Chosen 2H PvP Build Suggestions/Add-Ons

Post#2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 pm

Awesome Chosen guidelines:
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 26#p363149

VinyUI is my favorite Addon Pack:
viewtopic.php?t=6371

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 pm

2h Chosen.....

FlashChi

Post#4 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 pm

Aerogath wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 pm 2h Chosen.....
let people enjoy things :)

FlashChi

Post#5 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 pm

Wiede wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 pm Awesome Chosen guidelines:
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 26#p363149

VinyUI is my favorite Addon Pack:
viewtopic.php?t=6371
thanks! i tried searching before i made the post but the forum kept timing out. Appreciate it!

thygira

Post#6 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Hello, is the chosen class in a really bad spot? Ive read a few posts that are quite alarming to me as a new player and seems like chosen are not very good tanks and very bad at dps. I am a lvl21 chosen right now and am thinking of rerolling instead of wasting time on this character. please help

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm

thygira wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:14 pm Hello, is the chosen class in a really bad spot? Ive read a few posts that are quite alarming to me as a new player and seems like chosen are not very good tanks and very bad at dps. I am a lvl21 chosen right now and am thinking of rerolling instead of wasting time on this character. please help
Aura bots with self morale pumps are always needed for Warbands.
If you care more about smallscale, then if you filter ranked leaderboards by classes, then nearly every Chosen who is participating this season has positive win ratio.

thygira

Post#8 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:07 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm
thygira wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:14 pm Hello, is the chosen class in a really bad spot? Ive read a few posts that are quite alarming to me as a new player and seems like chosen are not very good tanks and very bad at dps. I am a lvl21 chosen right now and am thinking of rerolling instead of wasting time on this character. please help
Aura bots with self morale pumps are always needed for Warbands.
If you care more about smallscale, then if you filter ranked leaderboards by classes, then nearly every Chosen who is participating this season has positive win ratio.
Wow thats pretty cool. thank you for your reply

Ads
carthagerising

Post#9 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:02 am

I run a 2h chosen 90% of the time these days, including many city engagements against decent opposition so hopefully can give you some info.

2h chosen is often written off as a meme build due to the fact there are many of them scattered throughout the levels and a large % of them are abysmal. you need to be very clear on your role and what you can actually do and the following are hard and fast rules:

1. You are not proper dps, you never will be and should never design your character around that.
2. You must do what the team and situation requires and will need a good gear collection to make this work.
3. GUARD! no one gives a **** that youve done some extra damage if your parties real damage component is always dead due to your inability to use a very simple skill. Seems obvious but youd be surprised.
4. Go defensive first then work on more damage output.

So it sounds pretty bad right but there are exceptions and work arounds that allow you to contribute damage and do your main jobs. Unfortunately to have a shot of doing this properly you will need good gear, otherwise you and your team will suffer.

Personally, and im certain others will disagree with me here, but I would level sword and board and only switch once you get into a mix of invader and sentinel so as to be survivable and then start to work on your damage component. After that things like blood lord and sovereign can be mixed and make up some decent numbers to support your builds.

For builds theres a couple of options, obviously primarily the dread tree and then support that with either corruption (for the knock down and extra toughness) or discord (better resistance debuff and quake). these 2 setups also allow you access to the 2 extra auras to support your team in a way that you will need to learn to judge.

Relentless can become quite a good skill and surprise you with how hard it can hit and a mobile channeled ability is quite useful to have. Take oppressing blows and work on your crit, with things like RR and the sentinel jewel wit crit tali and liniment to up those numbers. Daemon claw got a rather stupid change a few months back so you will need to test it for yourself but as long as your guarding (AND YOU MUST BE) then it still procs a lot but the skill has fallen out of favour with many.

Rending blade is a source of alot of your damage. but wait its a 5s cooldown? make friends with a choppa, you are going to need 1 anytime you wanna do something serious in a wb situation. also find a waaagh spec black orc and stack those cool down reductions. with those 2 classes you can spam the crap out of rending blade and surprise many with the numbers but without a choppa the whole things falls apart in aoe and you lose a **** tonne of potential.

I am speaking from a wb perspective by the way, I dont do a lot of 6 man stuff so there will be others who can offer far better advice on that front. but in a wb just remember that you are there to support the team, with auras, guard, challenge and other tank duties you are simply also adding damage for when you can handle all your primary tasks and live easily. your defensive stats should always be focused on and never ignored until you start to develope an understanding of when and where you cna get away with going deeper into damage. dont be the chosen who the enemy hits to test his mettle and proceeds to collapse when they find out your a weak bitch, you will simply add to the meme that this build is so often looked at as being.

play smart, collect a lot of gear, get invader asap, befriend every chop fasta choppa you come across and try to find some regular people to run with. also know when to respec and put a shield back on and how to juggle your gear to get done what you need to do.