Recent Topics

Ads

Contribution and reservation sysem.

Let's talk about... everything else
Aremdor

Contribution and reservation sysem.

Post#1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 pm

I am just wondering if someone can give a more detailed explanation on how this works the wiki entry is very vague. I was in for 5 keeps yesterday right in the thick of it as a tank the whole time and today for 3 again right in the thick of it and both times no reservation. It seems like the system heavily favours DPS if the only way a tank can gain contribution is by guard activation. Right now im just failing to understand how it works because from what the wiki says to what i see in game makes no sense.

Ads
courtsdad1

Re: Contribution and reservation sysem.

Post#2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Aremdor wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 pm I am just wondering if someone can give a more detailed explanation on how this works the wiki entry is very vague. I was in for 5 keeps yesterday right in the thick of it as a tank the whole time and today for 3 again right in the thick of it and both times no reservation. It seems like the system heavily favours DPS if the only way a tank can gain contribution is by guard activation. Right now im just failing to understand how it works because from what the wiki says to what i see in game makes no sense.
Well not to make you feel worse because I felt pretty bad when it happened but the other day as a level 23 I ran to a keep, hit one player once, and got a fort reservation. I then proceeded to get a high level bag in the fort.

My Destro healer used to be a gold bag machine and there were several times I would get to keep right as the Lord was about to die and boom, gold bag. She was also a WB leader a lot of the time. Don't know if that matters.

On my tanks I always guarded people, taunted enemies , been on the ram or used HTL during keeps/ forts and frankly had good luck with contribution.

I know none of that helps but it's just to add to the "I have no clue how it why" on the topic.

courtsdad1

Post#3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Aremdor wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 pm I am just wondering if someone can give a more detailed explanation on how this works the wiki entry is very vague. I was in for 5 keeps yesterday right in the thick of it as a tank the whole time and today for 3 again right in the thick of it and both times no reservation. It seems like the system heavily favours DPS if the only way a tank can gain contribution is by guard activation. Right now im just failing to understand how it works because from what the wiki says to what i see in game makes no sense.
Well not to make you feel worse because I felt pretty bad when it happened but the other day as a level 23 I ran to a keep, hit one player once, and got a fort reservation. I then proceeded to get a high level bag in the fort.

My Destro healer used to be a gold bag machine and there were several times I would get to keep right as the Lord was about to die and boom, gold bag. She was also a WB leader a lot of the time. Don't know if that matters.

On my tanks I always guarded people, taunted enemies , been on the ram or used HTL during keeps/ forts and frankly had good luck with contribution.

I know none of that helps but it's just to add to the "I have no clue how it why" on the topic.

Aremdor

Post#4 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:15 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:41 pm

If thats the case then system must be broken on some level i dont know maybe ill just avoid RvR but honestly its almost a deal breaker for me spending 4-6hrs and getting nothing really for that time investment when someone can come in that easily and get a reservation

Aremdor

Post#5 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:47 pm

So after asking in some streams and talking to people in game no one really seems to have a clue how it works for sure and the consensus seems to be its pretty broken.

toffikx

Post#6 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:02 pm

I’d say it’s not optimal, hard to count who has ”good enough”contribution and who has not. Would say the fort contribution is much worse. Very unclear, wonky and seem to heavily disfavour uneven fights. All i heard is cap flags and be near flags during fights in stage 2, but these seem to not work perfectly either. Probably not big enough radius to count in healers who do their thing in the backline.
A very real chance to miss out on invader meds after pushing a zone and doing the fort for 1-2 hours, together with the stage 3 funnels being arguably the most boring experience RoR PvP has to offer, make for a quite negative gameplay experience in my opinion.

Rubius
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:03 pm

This may be totally incorrect, but it feels like the system tends to weight level 40's much more heavily than someone under 40.

While leveling alts, I would be in the zone / contributing for much longer than a guildmate who hopped in at the end, but they would consistently get the reservation while my level 3x character would not. If you're under 40, this may be a key part of the reason you're not getting spots. Just one possibility!

Omegus

Post#8 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Things I've been told about contrib for forts:

1) It prioritises rank 40s over sub rank 40, as rank 40s are closer to needing the gear and taking forts leads to the city which holds end-game gear for the high RR players.
2) Guard gives contribution.
3) The ranking-up period is very important. Taking BOs and ferrying supplies grants contribution.
4) People who turn up when the fort is under attack get less contribution (also why the "special" bags can be sent out).

In addition, don't forget that some zones might've been open for hours. All the contribution built up from failed pushes is still there in the system, all the contribution from ranking up the keep 2-3 hours ago is still there, etc.

If you were there from when the zone opened until the keep was locked and were active during the whole thing (and that doesn't mean just chasing kills) then you should get into the fort unless there were 160+ other people who did it better than you and/or are higher rank.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:43 am

Since contribution is tied to campaign, i'll share this info in hope that more ppl play campaign objectives.

( without order )
  • supply run - ranking up keep
  • destroy enemy supply - delay enemy rank up
  • spawn siege weapon - siege warfare is no small part
  • destroy enemy siege weapons - built in wall cannons included i think
  • ram the door
  • kill the oil
  • tank - mitigate dmg. stay front line and guard
  • dps - none targeting aoe assist has like zero contribution IMO. assist also not much. pick target and get loot privilege. only that count i think.
  • healer - heal valuable targets. save front line tanks and dps who are actively fighting
  • tank/dps/heal - grp play is easy to get above things done unless ur grp's doing 6vs1 x 10.
fort - do grp thing on wb scale.
assisting half dead enemy as zerg is really nothing.
search fresh enemies and open fight.
flags are good place to find enemy.
you don't have to cap yourself.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

anarchypark

Post#10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 am

Spoiler:
Since contribution is tied to campaign, i'll share this info in hope that more ppl play campaign objectives.

( without order )
  • supply run - ranking up keep
  • destroy enemy supply - delay enemy rank up
  • spawn siege weapon - siege warfare is no small part
  • destroy enemy siege weapons - built in wall cannons included i think
  • ram the door
  • kill the oil
  • tank - mitigate dmg. stay front line and guard
  • dps - none targeting aoe assist has like zero contribution IMO. assist also not much. pick target and get loot privilege. only that count i think.
  • healer - heal valuable targets. save front line tanks and dps who are actively fighting
  • tank/dps/heal - grp play is easy to get above things done unless ur grp's doing 6vs1 x 10.
fort - do grp thing on wb scale.
assisting half dead enemy as zerg is really nothing.
search fresh enemies and open fight.
flags are good place to find enemy.
you don't have to cap yourself.

addition:
playing solo reduces it's values i think.
like SC solo grp won't get xp & rr.
or above list got changed, idk.

plus, attack BO having enemies.
defend BO with life when enemies inc.
last, contribution is competition.
no time to slack.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)