Recent Topics

Ads

DPS Contribution in Cities

Let's talk about... everything else
Tenhi

DPS Contribution in Cities

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:55 pm

So since the first Contribution fix and the removal of gear from gold bags it feels like the issue has done a 180 and now DPS is undervalued. From what I can gather on chats/discord/streams DPS consistently place below all Healer/Tanks no matter how well you do in the City. Last City our Top 3 DPS placed 16th and lower. As Top DPS I placed 16th in Stage 1 and 18th/21st in Stage 2 and 3.

Is this a bug? Or if it isnt is this being looked at at all?

Ads
anarchypark

Re: DPS Contribution in Cities

Post#2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:46 pm

I think patch note said there's bug in contribution.
ofc they "work" on it with their free time.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tenhi

Post#3 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:51 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:46 pm I think patch note said there's bug in contribution.
ofc they "work" on it with their free time.
Just took a quick glance through the patch notes since city release to make sure. There is no mention of contribution besides the first fix in the 15/02/2020 Patchnotes.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 pm

then maybe in replies. or by in game annoucement. i don't remember when where.
wait for the fix. that's all matter i think?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

nocturnalguest

Post#5 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:33 am

I have no problems with contribution for now, there are some borky moments as its not yet announced what exactly gives contribution which would help to explain it, but still i saw DPS being in top 5 many times. Greatly depends on exact encounter as well, on loose it definitely favors tanks&healers more from my observations.
Contribution weights for archetypes is a very hard thing to set up somewhat "fair" to be honest. What makes you think you "did better" than tank supporting you or healer? Do you think you should be 1st one if done most damage and have high deathblows?
In my opinion there is no objective answer to those two questions and whole subject is very debatable to put it mildly.

geezereur

Post#6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:36 am

The contribution for dps is deff bugged, Last one I had top dps and dbs did not even get into top 15.
I only see healers and tanks in the top every city siege.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Because having top dmg and kills should matter more than top healing or good tanking?
Dying is no option.

TreefAM

Post#8 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm

last couple of cities on my bg i always ended up 15+ on the contribution list
but for some reason during stage 2 sometimes it happens that im in the top 5 while doing less than in the other two stages
I'd really like how this works, or is it just 100% random

Ads
Tenhi

Post#9 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:59 pm Because having top dmg and kills should matter more than top healing or good tanking?
I didnt say that did I? What I'm asking is if its intended that the "best" DPS is behind the "worst" Tank/Heal. Nobody is arguing that giving top Heal/Tanks top contribution is wrong. But having it so that doing well as DPS doesnt matter at all seems kinda wrong too...

carthagerising

Post#10 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:59 am

There definitely needs to be some clarification for the system, some truely weird **** happens with it. You can do similar things in different cities and end up all over the chart and even sometime do barley anything and spike quite high.

Also to be fair to the OP, he never said heals and tanks wernt important, just wants to understand the system better. Like many of us I would imagine.

That said, its probably not high on the teams list considering but one day it would be nice to have more info at least.