Recent Topics

Ads

Classes that do well in their off spec/scenario armor question

Let's talk about... everything else
SardonicWrath

Classes that do well in their off spec/scenario armor question

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 am

I'm just wondering which classes at the moment do very well in their off spec/scenario gear as keep takes seem to take way too long as in I end up having to log off before the zone flip tick for rr/xp or just seems to drag on to where it's not entertaining anymore at times, I always liked the ease of queuing up and getting straight into battle so again any classes that have decent off spec builds?

Ads
waaaghlord

Re: Classes that do well in their off spec/scenario armor question

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:21 am

DPS DOK/AM/Sham

Chinesehero

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm

SardonicWrath wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 am I'm just wondering which classes at the moment do very well in their off spec/scenario gear as keep takes seem to take way too long as in I end up having to log off before the zone flip tick for rr/xp or just seems to drag on to where it's not entertaining anymore at times, I always liked the ease of queuing up and getting straight into battle so again any classes that have decent off spec builds?
see if u play solo, if solo dps am or sham is number 1 strong. u can see 12 ppl chasing a sham and he can still run away
if u have a guard, full sov dok is good enough kill anything
if u play tank, cross guard dps SM with dps kotbs/IB can encounter a grp or more

bichka

Post#4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm

>see 12 ppl chasing a sham and he can still run away
12 dumb ppl, yeah

1 champion challenge or WL's root by morale and he is done.

jhwieser

Post#5 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Most tanks do well in their off spec gear, as long as you stick to small scale like scenarios. BG excels with dps gear even in orvr though.
84 BG
4x IB

Foofmonger

Post#6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Generally speaking in this game, most of the off specs can work. However they tend to be either optimal in only some narrow applications, or just sub-optimal all around. What I mean by this is that the "main spec" is generally applicable to a variety of situations, which is exactly why it's the main spec. The off-specs tend to be more narrow, maybe they are only good with certain group comps, maybe only good in certain activities like SCs/solo roaming, etc...

You can however, more or less make any of the mastery paths work in some way or another. I can't think offhand/off the top of my head of a single mastery path that is just completely useless in all situations, at least not on this server. That being said, I did just come back to this server so I could be ignorant of some nuance.

SardonicWrath

Post#7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm

jhwieser wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:29 pm Most tanks do well in their off spec gear, as long as you stick to small scale like scenarios. BG excels with dps gear even in orvr though.
Yeah I actually just started leveling one and they are doing insanely well in pre mades, I usually guard the mdps and use swiftassist and just debuff the healers, the AP regain ability is just amazing, no AP issues at all, I can't imagine a min maxed lvl 40/rr 80 BG in pre mades, seems to be alot of fun.

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 pm

bichka wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm >see 12 ppl chasing a sham and he can still run away
12 dumb ppl, yeah

1 champion challenge or WL's root by morale and he is done.
u know Order many dump dps. yes WL can kill sham easy but not all WL can do that :lol:
if that 12 ppl not a good WL that sham run away chance is high
Last edited by Chinesehero on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#9 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm

SardonicWrath wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm
jhwieser wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:29 pm Most tanks do well in their off spec gear, as long as you stick to small scale like scenarios. BG excels with dps gear even in orvr though.
Yeah I actually just started leveling one and they are doing insanely well in pre mades, I usually guard the mdps and use swiftassist and just debuff the healers, the AP regain ability is just amazing, no AP issues at all, I can't imagine a min maxed lvl 40/rr 80 BG in pre mades, seems to be alot of fun.
BG is not strong. but they are good on super punt. 1v1 they use that escape almost

jhwieser

Post#10 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:12 am

Chinesehero wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 pm
SardonicWrath wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm
BG is not strong. but they are good on super punt. 1v1 they use that escape almost
BG is not strong??? You're alone in that opinion unless you're talking large large orvr...
84 BG
4x IB