Recent Topics

Ads

In Nordenwatch, if you only have Fortress is that enough to win?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orpheus66

In Nordenwatch, if you only have Fortress is that enough to win?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:57 pm

People have been saying this the last couple of days and I have no idea where this started. I was personally in a game where this wasn't enough for a win but can anyone shed some light?

Ads
R3xz

Re: In Nordenwatch, if you only have Fortress is that enough to win?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Fortress provide 30 points for capture, and 4pts per tick

Others provide 15 points for cap, 2 points per tick.

If you have the lead on points, you can simply hold Fortress and probably still win, unless the enemy somehow win by points from killing (1 kill = 2 pts)

Source (very good guide btw) viewtopic.php?t=20415

Vayra

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:34 pm

You need to have a lead already and not get farmed by the other team. If you can manage that you only need to hold fortress to win.

To give an example, last weekend I was in one where the flag bugged and we were unable to retake it, while order could capture it. At some point they managed to take it, and we couldn't take it back. We ended up winning 500-480 after spawncamping them the rest of the game and holding both points remaining points for almost the entire game (they managed to sneak out and neutralize Barracks once or twice). So a team getting absolutely demolished almost won by holding fort. If they were actually on fort and fighting us to a stalemate there they would've won easily.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

dalen
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Fortress provides 20 for cap and 3 per tick, the other two flags provide 15 for cap & 2 per tick.
Source Developer

R3xz

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm Fortress provides 20 for cap and 3 per tick, the other two flags provide 15 for cap & 2 per tick.
So the link I mentioned is out of date? Are there up-to-date info on this kinda stuff anywhere? Would be nice to have for the RoR wiki :)

dalen
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 pm

R3xz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 pm
dalen wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:41 pm Fortress provides 20 for cap and 3 per tick, the other two flags provide 15 for cap & 2 per tick.
So the link I mentioned is out of date? Are there up-to-date info on this kinda stuff anywhere? Would be nice to have for the RoR wiki :)
at least regarding Nordenwatch it was out of date. Having it on the wiki would probably be good.
Source Developer

Orpheus66

Post#7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:32 pm

so just holding Fortress isn't enough, as I thought

Sulorie

Post#8 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:32 pm so just holding Fortress isn't enough, as I thought
It was enough once in time but got ninja changed I suppose.
Dying is no option.

Ads
guirssane

Post#9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 pm

when did they change it?

navis

Post#10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Thanks Dalen for clarification. It does seem to behave slightly differently more recently, harder to win just by holding Fortress you have to manage another one as well.