Recent Topics

Ads

What to do...

Let's talk about... everything else
Eeshen

What to do...

Post#1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Hello,

I'm still pretty new to the game, but find myself bored as of late. I know the game is pretty grindy (or so it seems), but I want to know what else I can be doing.

I'm a SnB Knight and only 40/52. Currently, Ive only been doing oRvR to get the Conqueror set but it is taking forever and I dont really enjoy the zerging of huge WBs back and forth (which I did today for an hour....Order seemed content just zerging).

Is there something else I can do to progress my char? SCs don't give medallions for a defensive set. I've heard of BeastLord and I've also been told PvE can give some decent gear....but I dont know where to see the stats (don't know the name of the gear) on the gear so I can determine if it is worth my time.

Just looking for a char progression plan.

At this point I'm looking at changing to Destro or rerolling another class because of boredom, but I know that just leads back to the same place I am now.

Thank you,

Ads
Nekkma

Re: What to do...

Post#2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 pm

Find people you enjoy playing with. The game is built to be played in a group with friends. Endgame is just fighting, just as the rest of the game.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Toonman

Post#3 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:39 pm

S/B tank is probably the most boring thing in the game to play, imo. Playing 2-hander, especially in SC, is much more fun.

Chinesehero

Post#4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:09 pm

Eeshen wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm Hello,

I'm still pretty new to the game, but find myself bored as of late. I know the game is pretty grindy (or so it seems), but I want to know what else I can be doing.

I'm a SnB Knight and only 40/52. Currently, Ive only been doing oRvR to get the Conqueror set but it is taking forever and I dont really enjoy the zerging of huge WBs back and forth (which I did today for an hour....Order seemed content just zerging).

Is there something else I can do to progress my char? SCs don't give medallions for a defensive set. I've heard of BeastLord and I've also been told PvE can give some decent gear....but I dont know where to see the stats (don't know the name of the gear) on the gear so I can determine if it is worth my time.

Just looking for a char progression plan.

At this point I'm looking at changing to Destro or rerolling another class because of boredom, but I know that just leads back to the same place I am now.

Thank you,
the renown cap is 80
no one will be late if u continue to play 2-3 months
play SC up renown is good and funny. Doing some PVE can make u have enough gear on fight
after rr70 u can take Sov gear and really dont need stick on RVR
the city system is good on u dont need stick on RVR to enter it and this make many play style for everyone in the server

and if u focus on SC u can just take PVE and SC gear for 2h is much better on small scale fight

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 pm

I think SnB can be a very fun and rewarding play style. Especially when you have a good dps to duo with, that’s where you really shine. ORvR is boring HTL spam with challenge here and there.

PvE is also where a SnB tank can shine and aggro and taunt are key to being a good dungeon player. I would recommend finding a grp that can help you do that.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Zxul

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 am

Do some pve, 2+redeye (back+ boots) from Gunbad mixed with something else (2+ vanq ideally) is very good cause of -% to be crit.

Experiment with builds, for example from personal experience playing chosen looking at kotb builds Precision Strike+Efficient Swings+ap aura+some ws talis should allow you to do some decent dmg while remaining snb (build about Glory+ Conquest while remaining snb).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nadril21

Post#7 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:50 am

Try and find a guild or some buddies who share the same mindset as you. Playing in a 6 man is much more enjoyable than zerging IMO.

Tanks are always in high demand on order, this goes for PVP and PVE. Try and join a group that is looking for a tank in the LFG channel. If you guard the dps and stay close to them you will almost always be remembered and invited back.

If you join a descent guild and group with them, many times a majority of the party is already full vanquisher and will pass on medallions which will make it a lot quicker for you.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior