Recent Topics

Ads

Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Let's talk about... everything else
Ghostwalker

Re: Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Post#11 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:05 pm

I don't think many people even realise it works this way, just last night I was in a siege defence and resurrected easily 200 characters on the battlements.

I actually agree that something needs to change with this, Order were clearly dominating the keep siege but because of the respawns we could do at keep we had time to wait for reinforcements to come from behind them and they were done.

Maybe making it so you can only do it ONCE. seems fair to me, if you fail once no worries maybe you'll learn something..but fail twice.. the return journey acts like a walk of shame and is definately punishment enough ;D

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

lets suposse that i run with my full wb to get into a sieged keep and some ppl get killed trying to get in => For example: 6 ppl killed, 4 of them are healers. Impossible to rez them...impossible that these 6 ppl can go in by their own. What is supossed that my wb have to do?? without half healers impossible to defend...go out or suicide (probably get killed if go out) and try to get in again as full wb??

when a keep is sieged and postern are blocked is really hard to get in without any wb member killed...if killed cant respawn into keep they´re out of keep defense.

IMO in this moment, where city sieges happens so fast make the keeps easier to capture is not a good option...

Ghostwalker

Post#13 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:17 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm lets suposse that i run with my full wb to get into a sieged keep and some ppl get killed trying to get in => For example: 6 ppl killed, 4 of them are healers. Impossible to rez them...impossible that these 6 ppl can go in by their own. What is supossed that my wb have to do?? without half healers impossible to defend...go out or suicide (probably get killed if go out) and try to get in again as full wb??

when a keep is sieged and postern are blocked is really hard to get in without any wb member killed...if killed cant respawn into keep they´re out of keep defense.

IMO in this moment, where city sieges happens so fast make the keeps easier to capture is not a good option...
My suggestion of allowing them to resurrect ONCE inside the keep would solve your worry about dead warband members.

adamthelc

Post#14 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm lets suposse that i run with my full wb to get into a sieged keep and some ppl get killed trying to get in => For example: 6 ppl killed, 4 of them are healers. Impossible to rez them...impossible that these 6 ppl can go in by their own. What is supossed that my wb have to do?? without half healers impossible to defend...go out or suicide (probably get killed if go out) and try to get in again as full wb??

Yes you failed in that case. You would need to either try again or give up. What's the problem?

It isnt really about making them easier. It makes no sense to allow people to spawn inside a keep, UNTIL YOU TAG THE INNNER!!. It's so arbitrary. You are supposed to be sieging, but it's a waste of your time to try and stop people from getting insince they will get in regardless.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm It isnt really about making them easier.
Yes, its easier siege a keep if defenders couldnt respawn into keep. This complain comes because that, you want a easy path to takes keeps and farm forts/city.

adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm It makes no sense to allow people to spawn inside a keep, UNTIL YOU TAG THE INNNER!!. It's so arbitrary.
Why have no sense?? why this comes to be a problem NOW if this sistem is implemented long time ago?? because NOW defenders wanna defend instead of throw zones?

adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm You are supposed to be sieging, but it's a waste of your time to try and stop people from getting insince they will get in regardless.
you have the tools to prevent this, you can block defenders at their WC to prevent respawn into keep. Whats the problem??

Davjen
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 pm

I agree with OP...

It's not about about number. This actual system is a joke even with low numbers, force everyone to zerg instead try to be smart. There is no point at all for me, WB leader, to actually try to cut reinforcement because i'm simply giving them the FREE TP to their keep where they can actually sit afk for the next 30 min farming.

The actual system we have push people to act as a zerg. No point on holding BOS after 2 stars, no point on covering entrances because free tp. No point on doing anything but staying on main, watch people on walls and w8 for the 300 people to join the last zone and get ported behind a wall.

I can't understand people complaining about "you want this to be able to farm city", city already happening, noth destro and order had Master Degree in throwing zone to get city, nothing will change with that, you gonna just make more enjoyable the siege. I'm a wb leader and i think most of the active wb leaders/wb guilds will agree that this system is a joke. Is not fun, is not challenging. If i'm attacking the attackers i can literally aim for a wipe to get inside the keep or I have 0 reasons to go and hold posterns (to let people get in) or bos because there is no point. If i'm attacking keep there is no point for me to move away from the zerg for same exact reasons.

Something need to be changed on ORvR, with new people, crazy numbers, people throwing, lakes are kinda mindless boring zerg.

People telling "Farm them at WC" have actually 0 clue.

1)Siege weapon in wc (not a big deal)
2)Boring Bullshit, how can be remotely fun farm people at the WC. T4 zone are not Nordenwatch, go t1 if u wanna sit 6 hours fighting at the same place over and over when u have a HUGE map.

When i did my stream i literally defended Caledor,CW,BC for almost 12 hours. I don't want to throw zone, but i don't even want to see that boring gameplay. There is no fun at all RN. "Roaming" pvp die after the first 10 min when one side get the 2 stars. Then defenders hide inside keep, attackers mass in front of keep and for the next 3 hours is the same content.
The problem was there even before the increase of numbers, but was less "problematic" because there were more action around the map to force people to get aao and then siege. Now this action is gone because if u are not in the keep u are at the wc.

Ilthay

Post#17 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Allow attackers to use catapults to launch people into the keep, and you now have a much more dynamic fight going on, with more people involved, and the cool/fun factor skyrockets.

The mechanic already exists in the game, this is an easy choice to make!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Ilthay wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm Allow attackers to use catapults to launch people into the keep, and you now have a much more dynamic fight going on, with more people involved, and the cool/fun factor skyrockets.

I support this...also is according to lore (at least for choppas in the original cinematic trailer)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm
Ilthay wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm Allow attackers to use catapults to launch people into the keep, and you now have a much more dynamic fight going on, with more people involved, and the cool/fun factor skyrockets.

I support this...also is according to lore (at least for choppas in the original cinematic trailer)
We all know cinematic trailers are the best source of lore and game design. I approve.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pm

The game has had several different rules over time for zone caps that have worked (or not) in varying degrees based on population. The "best" answer may be to have dynamic rules that trigger (or un-trigger) based on current populations.

For example, at one one time you could make the Keep Lord harder to kill by holding resource flags. The goal was to make the attackers fan out and fight instead of just zerging the keep but it had the problem of causing stalemates at nearly even numbers. Perhaps when populations reach some magic set of numbers, those kind of rules should kick back in again AND in keep rezzes are removed. Thus the fight moves back across the zone. Otherwise the existing rules are in effect.

Another solution for this is to stop limiting "end game" currencies to Fort and City (but still make those modes more "profitable"). That way when things get bogged down, people can still feel like they are making character progress.