Royal Conversion?

Let's talk about... everything else
StrongUn

Re: Royal Conversion?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:11 pm

mursaat1337 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:37 am
orillah wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:11 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Invader currency is related to the content that it comes from. Skipping that content and downconverting is not something we want to enable as an option. If anything we may add currency to end zones for players that qualify for fort, but do not receive a reservation as a means to slightly increase the gain rates. However, largely, we feel the rates of gain for Invader are appropriate.
I dont want to spoil anyone fun really, but you effectively skipping forts atm by participating in a city as a sub 70rr player.
sub rr70 player? so what about returning players that have high rr. for example myself. i literally start a campaign in orvr going thru all the zone locks and i get shafted out of fort literally every time getting no reservation while all the random pugs get it before me and throw fort and lose. its ridiculous. saying that its bypassing content when fort is a PREREQ for city? literally people are having problems even getting into the fort while contributing to the zone flips is a problem and it doesn't make me want to try to grind out invader. breaking down royals to cap at a certain rr like rr75+ seems legitimate and also breaking down royals will slow down sov gear progression. this wall of progression shows a problem in content participation. feels real bad when you level a keep up and flip the zone then not get a reservation.
This.

BTW..
Today we won a fort (on destro side) and i got 4 invader medals + 1 royal crest instead of 6 invader medals ( my toon is rr79) is this normal? so now we get even less invader currency than before?

Ads
wachlarz

Post#12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:23 pm

I agree, make Royal crest exchange for invader ones. Hight Rr required. Problem its 600 ppl wanna go to fort and only 100+ can enter. Its big issue in Eu prime time play time.

Likeaboss

Post#13 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Guildmates logged out on their sub rr 70 chars as double renown started that weeked...
Because it's a pain to get full invader when 70+...

When there are 500+ Players in the zone of one faction you have no chance to get reservation unless you have 4-5 hours nonstop playtime available.

But for those who can't its a mess. :cry:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Jinxypie

Post#14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm

You dont want ppl to skip content, yet everybody under rr 70 is happily doing it and farm ton of invaders in the city (which i asume is not curency related to the content), so i dont get it.
Only ones screwed are high rr players.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

StrongUn

Post#15 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:33 pm You dont want ppl to skip content, yet everybody under rr 70 is happily doing it and farm ton of invaders in the city (which i asume is not curency related to the content), so i dont get it.
Only ones screwed are high rr players.
+1

kayin

Post#16 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

We understand that it does feel bad so make sure you actually read what grim types instead of instantly complaining. He stated that they are talking about adding some rewards for those that contribute to fort push but do not get the reservation. Be patient as everything gets better over time with this game as the team works on it.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:07 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:23 pm I agree, make Royal crest exchange for invader ones. Hight Rr required. Problem its 600 ppl wanna go to fort and only 100+ can enter. Its big issue in Eu prime time play time.
They doubled fort pop, about 450 ppl total can enter fort.
Dying is no option.

orillah
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Ok,im not against people farming easy inv in city as sub 70 rr, but the thing is you need to spend hours in orvr so fort push happens and get you reservations. In the end its puny 4 inv medals average. Thats the way if your char is past 70rr.

Or do pretty much the same + just log into the game when city happens and get at average 8-10 inv meds. Combined, sub 70 players can farm inv 3 times faster, and THAT is what upsets people the most. Its even more profitable to not participate in orvr or forts at all, so you dont level rr fast enough and stay in this comfortable 40-70 rr pool.
Just log in for city only, and still do pretty much 2x faster.

Returning high rr players are screwed by progression compared to new leveled toons.

Its just that simple, why its like a wall that meddles with communication idk...

Ads
GROTRUK

Post#19 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Unfortunately, i have to say, like every one else, it's (forgive the expression) ****' annoyin' to be an invader when you're reached rank 70.

I no more play t2-t3 and even t4 zone when it's not a "fortress incoming situation" with my main char.
I can even say that it drives me crazy to see that some players for the "pride of the realm faction" prefer to prevent a fortress push and win 1 poor invader token by defending the zone rather than winning 6 at best or 4 at worst in fortress.

You don't want to add invader token as a reward for killing 70+ players by doing as on the official one ? ok it's the policy we dealin' with it.
But sooner or later you're going to face a problem.
With the recent growth of the population we are going to have a lot of new players who are going to have to face others already partly full sovereign with only the vanquisher's gears.
And do you know what's going to happen ? They're going to get smashed in no time at all, they're going to be disgusted with rowing to make up the difference (some of them probably won't have time to play enough to make up for that delay) and they're going to leave as they came.

In addition, you make us small events x2.
Ok it's cool it's fun guys but it just widens the gap even more. We're going to end up with 90's renown rank that can't stuffed their sovereign because they won't have a unlock on the invader's ToK.

Do what you want with what I just said. One more complaint or not for you.

I'm only stating how I feel about current and future things as a player since this private server exists.
In the current state, if you want to be allowed to wear full sovereign at rank 80, you have to be 40/40 and leech a maximum of city to get your invader ToK first untill you're not 70+.

edit : A little disclaimer, I know very well that you do your best to satisfy everyone. But unfortunately, this benefits no one and penalizes everyone except those who are already full sovereign and they don't give a **** about fortresses and city anymore.

mursaat1337

Post#20 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:50 pm

kayin wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm We understand that it does feel bad so make sure you actually read what grim types instead of instantly complaining. He stated that they are talking about adding some rewards for those that contribute to fort push but do not get the reservation. Be patient as everything gets better over time with this game as the team works on it.
i'm pretty sure that a lot of us gave constructive feedback on the problem that still stands rather than whining. with your guy's logic on the matter and the change you guys are proposing, it still does not fix your "skipping content" ideology. lower rr players will still get faster invader currency than returning or higher rr players because that means not only do lower rr players now get invaders per pre fort zone flip that you guys are proposing, they still get them in city. i'm still not understanding the logic of "skipping content" for breaking down royals when you got lower rr players already skipping content by doing city rather than forts to get their full invader set. enlighten me.

also even with the pop cap increase to fort zones, the average of the players that go in the zone is still 50% of the population that flipped the zone.