Recent Topics

Ads

Stop SC's with no healer...

Let's talk about... everything else
imperialdeadite

Re: Stop SC's with no healer...

Post#11 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Mordd wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 am the match maker should never ever pop SCs where one side has healers and the other doesnt.

If you are going to pop stupid setups like that then remove the quitter debuff.
The game coding cannot require people to accept the scenario queue pop up. You cannot code people into playing the same way as other people.
I have been in games with six people and been the only healer. I have played in games where there were no DPS classes. That isn't the game designs fault. It is simple fact that not everyone that did queue up accepted that mission. I have also accepted the queue pop and then gotten disconnected after loading in. Then I have the coward debuff and cannot do SC fo rten minutes. That isn't my fault or the fault of the game itself. It is just bad luck.

Assuming that every issue you have with an MMO is because of game design is silly. People are a big factor in how an MMO is utilized.
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman

Ads
Martok

Post#12 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:11 pm

The Destruction Healing classes are simply more fun to play, more effectively designed to motivate people to play them.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

uanaka

Post#13 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:13 pm

As far as I know, DPS specced healers do not count as healers anymore. The reason you don't get healers in your scs are that they either declined queue or maybe there weren't healers in the queue and it reached the 5 minutes (i think thats what it was) for a scenario to start. Sometimes it's best to just wait from queueing, so that the healers from other scenarios finish up and enter the queue as well, otherwise you're just going to be joining the same pool of players over and over

Zaxxond

Post#14 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm

I love SCs with no healers. It’s where boys become men and are forged into warriors.

There is no better aphrodisiac than stomping a group in an SC with no healers on your side.

Mordd

Post#15 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:16 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm As I said, it already requires all archetypes on both sides. But if some players press decline you can end up with unbalanced scenarios. Only thing we can do then is to abort the SC or try to fill it with other players.

It might be possible in some way to abort the SC before porting people into it if too many people decline the pop. But that would require some rewriting of the current SC handling.
When you have this happen time after time after time and two full groups load in at the start, with not 1 healer class. The MM made the teams that way. For one you would be short a couple of people at the very start at the least and it wouldnt happen repeatedly 9 out of 10 games in a row.

Mordd

Post#16 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm

kayin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm Also to add to dalen from a different perspective, its easy to your assume your an order player complaining about heals since there is a lack of people playing healers on order so queue times wouls be huge if you had to wait for them all the time. Think about that fir a bit.
I would rather it not make a SC than one with no healer.

Mordd

Post#17 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm

You can tell the players that only play during peak times or only Destro from the responses. If you Think it wont make SC without healers and its only from the healers declining, you Play Destro or only during Peak.

Order who queues much in tier 1-3 knows it happens far far too often for it to just be the healers declining.

Phantasm

Post#18 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Omg, its so simple, you want healer? Find one on /5 and Q together. Dont expect other do job for you.

Ads
XsorrowerX

Post#19 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Weird, I always see a lot of healers on Order side. Destro usually has more tanks. But in the end, random is random and it swings both ways regardless of faction.

imperialdeadite

Post#20 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Mordd wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm You can tell the players that only play during peak times or only Destro from the responses. If you Think it wont make SC without healers and its only from the healers declining, you Play Destro or only during Peak.

Order who queues much in tier 1-3 knows it happens far far too often for it to just be the healers declining.
I can see why you would infer that people assume only healers decline. But that is not the statement people are making. We are talking about healers because that is the topic from the original post.
I have played in games with no DPS. Which happens during peak and non-peak times.
The result is not that "only healers decline". People of every role decline or time out or get disconnected for various reasons.

The fact of the matter is that the situation that the OP complained about is not the fault or responsibility of the game code/developers. That responsibility/fault lies with the players.
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman