Profit.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Stop SC's with no healer...

Post#22 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Spoiler:
imperialdeadite wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:57 pm
Mordd wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 am the match maker should never ever pop SCs where one side has healers and the other doesnt.

If you are going to pop stupid setups like that then remove the quitter debuff.
The game coding cannot require people to accept the scenario queue pop up. You cannot code people into playing the same way as other people.
I have been in games with six people and been the only healer. I have played in games where there were no DPS classes. That isn't the game designs fault. It is simple fact that not everyone that did queue up accepted that mission. I have also accepted the queue pop and then gotten disconnected after loading in. Then I have the coward debuff and cannot do SC fo rten minutes. That isn't my fault or the fault of the game itself. It is just bad luck.

Assuming that every issue you have with an MMO is because of game design is silly. People are a big factor in how an MMO is utilized.
Really you can code to avoid this => make insta port to SC once pop up without giving choice to accept/decline. Just port queuers into sc once system filled roles. But (im 99,9% sure) you will find that ppl are afk...so will have the same problem or worse.

Mordd

Post#23 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 pm

imperialdeadite wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:13 pm
Mordd wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm You can tell the players that only play during peak times or only Destro from the responses. If you Think it wont make SC without healers and its only from the healers declining, you Play Destro or only during Peak.

Order who queues much in tier 1-3 knows it happens far far too often for it to just be the healers declining.
I can see why you would infer that people assume only healers decline. But that is not the statement people are making. We are talking about healers because that is the topic from the original post.
I have played in games with no DPS. Which happens during peak and non-peak times.
The result is not that "only healers decline". People of every role decline or time out or get disconnected for various reasons.

The fact of the matter is that the situation that the OP complained about is not the fault or responsibility of the game code/developers. That responsibility/fault lies with the players.
I can see where you didnt read my reply or just ignored the part you didnt like. It happens SC after SC for long periods of time and when 2 teams instantly fill in and there are no healers its not a decline problem 10 times in a row.

Yes attempting to build valid teams is 100% their responsibility. They cant help it if people dont join. But its plain thats not all thats happening here.

Burgahboi

Post#24 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Cant they make so that if healers do decline that they only invite another healer in his place and not another tank/dps? Or just cancel the SC altogether maybe even a system like CS where if the holy trinity isn't met it adds another min to the SC start time and if within that period that doesn't happen just cancel the SC

Lesnoj

Post#25 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:34 am

Make greater penalties for quitting or declining popped scenario, might solve the problem.
For example, declining scenario you will have dmg or hp debuff that cannot be taken off or something like that. This will make ppl to think twice before pressing decline button :)

Detangler

Post#26 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:54 pm

I have for sure many times received a queue pop - 6v6, taken the queue, and all 5 teammates have taken the queue only to have zero healers on one side or another. the game then stayed 6v6 for quite a while before adding more players. It wasn't a fact of the only healer not taking the pop. This happened quite often in off-peak hours before the LazyPeon wave of players.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

wachlarz

Post#27 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Can U make that healers and tanks join first ? Tzn they are in sc, inside ?

imperialdeadite

Post#28 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:25 pm

wachlarz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm Can U make that healers and tanks join first ? Tzn they are in sc, inside ?
That could ensure that tanks and healers are in a games. But what about when they join, load in and then get disconnected?
Or the future complaint by DPS players that the SC queues take forever when there are not enough tank/healer players?
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman

Ads
imperialdeadite

Post#29 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:35 pm

wachlarz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm Can U make that healers and tanks join first ? Tzn they are in sc, inside ?
The other thought I had was how many tank/healers should be in game to allow DPS to join?
What ratio should be mandated to allow an SC to proceed with being created or add new players?
The idea of having tanks and healers in an SC before added DPS is not a bad idea. It just has a lot of moving targets to maintain the balance that is being asked for.
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman

Detangler

Post#30 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:37 pm

A better option: maybe give 2 minutes before the first pop and when the scenario starts. That way someone who is afk and misses the 1 minute window allows MM to grab anyone else that is waiting to queue in.

I'd definitely wait an extra minute to make sure we have more balanced fights.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable