Recent Topics

Ads

Faction restriction.

Let's talk about... everything else
Feomatar
Suspended

Faction restriction.

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:49 am

I have read, that faction restriction was made for some people don't be able switch to the winning side in rvr, but a lot of people (me) wants to have 2 mains in 2 factions and mostly play scenarios. So, if it will be not better to give restrictions for rvr and\or make for hour after switch to another faction be unable to have rewards from rvr?
Like i know that this isn't a big deal to wait 80 mins to play another char, but it really annoying, thx.

Ads
Sandinio

Re: Faction restriction.

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:39 am

It should be one day lock. You wake up and decide if you are green or not :)
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

Kaelang

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 pm

This would easily be abused, and would also require a hell of a lot of engineering from the development, volunteer, team to get setup. The 90 minute wait time is from when you log in, so as long as you're not wanting to play 1 SC on Order, then playing 1 SC on Destro, then playing 1 SC on Order, you should be able to play 2 characters in SCs fine.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

porkstar

Post#4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm

The lockout doesn't affect a single switch so I don't believe the lockout is intended to discourage switching to the "winning" side or deciding to play the other side for personal reasons. The lockout only affects the second switch. I believe more than one switch would be required to materially benefit yourself on your original faction if you engaged in nefarious activities such as "spying", sabotaging the ram, giving false information, baiting pugs into a trap etc because you'd have to switch at least twice fairly quickly. Locking out on the second switch also prevents players from logging onto the other side to troll someone who's killing them/making them upset and then switching back.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Arbich
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm

porkstar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm The lockout doesn't affect a single switch so I don't believe the lockout is intended to discourage switching to the "winning" side or deciding to play the other side for personal reasons. The lockout only affects the second switch.
A bit silly question, but are you just quoting the devs how it should work or did they fixed it?
Already played order today, so cant test it (and till tomorrow i might have forgotten it xD)
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

porkstar

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm
porkstar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:52 pm The lockout doesn't affect a single switch so I don't believe the lockout is intended to discourage switching to the "winning" side or deciding to play the other side for personal reasons. The lockout only affects the second switch.
A bit silly question, but are you just quoting the devs how it should work or did they fixed it?
Already played order today, so cant test it (and till tomorrow i might have forgotten it xD)
Well I normally don't switch a lot but I've only ever gotten a lockout after one switch. I'm not quoting the devs but I do believe the intent is to allow one switch before incurring a lockout.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Grock

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Lockout makes no sense, doesn't do anything and should never have been added.

The server worked without it for years.
Except some people with unfounded paranoia crying wolf without having any actual proof.

Instead there should be more incentives to switch to the underdog/losing side in order to balance-out the population and actually have an interesting gameplay.
Right now im not going to switch anywhere at all because i don't want to be locked out of my main and guild.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Nefarian78

Post#8 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm

As Grock said, the faction lock doesn't make any sense and serves no purpose.

There's not much else to add. The oh so terrible xrealm plague never even existed and was just one of the many things people complained about when they lost a zone.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm Lockout makes no sense, doesn't do anything and should never have been added.

The server worked without it for years.
Except some people with unfounded paranoia crying wolf without having any actual proof.

Instead there should be more incentives to switch to the underdog/losing side in order to balance-out the population and actually have an interesting gameplay.
Right now im not going to switch anywhere at all because i don't want to be locked out of my main and guild.
I really disagree, and even consider lockout too short.
In the past, we've seen guilds switching realm just to push fort, so they can relog back on their main faction to defend it during no population limit times. We had even leader of one of those guilds joining us on discord to shout at us nonsense like "WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING, WE LOGGED DESTRO TO GIVE YOU FORT, CONVINCE ORDER TO STOP RESISTING, WE NEED THOSE MEDALIONS!!!" - awful experience.

Grock

Post#10 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 pm I really disagree, and even consider lockout too short.
In the past, we've seen guilds switching realm just to push fort, so they can relog back on their main faction to defend it during no population limit times. We had even leader of one of those guilds joining us on discord to shout at us nonsense like "WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING, WE LOGGED DESTRO TO GIVE YOU FORT, CONVINCE ORDER TO STOP RESISTING, WE NEED THOSE MEDALIONS!!!" - awful experience.
That isn't a faction switch problem, thats a reward structure problem.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)