Recent Topics

Ads

Game Lags ???

Let's talk about... everything else
Eisboleas

Game Lags ???

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello everyone, returning player here, so before I quit like 1-1.5 half year ago, I had these settings on game:

Image Image

and the game wasn't laggy at all, I could even stream on 720p60 and it was perfect. Nowdays I notice that there are mini freezes of 0.5 sec every 3-4 sec in siege fights where 200vs200 fight.
Is this for everyone or am I forgetting something ?

P.S: I am running the x64 launcher on High Perfomance selection from task manager.

Thanks in advance for your time !
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Game Lags ???

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:18 pm

try without addons. State of Realm namely is known to cause some weird framerate spikes
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Kaelang

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:47 pm

The game has grown a lot and now you'll find fights of 700~ people trying to run through an engine that was poorly optimised through development. Typically for oRVR people will minimize their graphics, even as far as to use the 'Fastest Framerate' option to help reduce FPS drops.

Similarly, addons can cause issues with the game running smoothly, one such addon is the MiracleGrow addon that substantially reduces performance overtime and require consistant /reload's.

Personally, I'd run at the lowest graphic settings and remove all unnecessary addons if you want to find the smoothest gameplay option - however do note that the game wasn't built for high performance super CPU computers, so expect some disruption from time to time.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Eisboleas

Post#4 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:43 pm

xpander wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:18 pm try without addons. State of Realm namely is known to cause some weird framerate spikes
Yeah, when I was running some tests I noticed that so I disabled it was better but still some minor freeze is there, thanks for your info tho !
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Eisboleas

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:47 pm The game has grown a lot and now you'll find fights of 700~ people trying to run through an engine that was poorly optimised through development. Typically for oRVR people will minimize their graphics, even as far as to use the 'Fastest Framerate' option to help reduce FPS drops.

Similarly, addons can cause issues with the game running smoothly, one such addon is the MiracleGrow addon that substantially reduces performance overtime and require consistant /reload's.

Personally, I'd run at the lowest graphic settings and remove all unnecessary addons if you want to find the smoothest gameplay option - however do note that the game wasn't built for high performance super CPU computers, so expect some disruption from time to time.
Might run lower setting then seems the 400-500 fights seem quite hard even for a 8th gen cpu cuz of the engine ! Thanks a ton !

P.S: Sometimes I see my self getting hit from things I dont see like AoE's (since I am WE and someone cant lock to hit me while I am on the wall),
is there any option to be able to see enemy AoE's better ?

Darkenya [WE]

Kaelang

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Eisboleas wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:45 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:47 pm The game has grown a lot and now you'll find fights of 700~ people trying to run through an engine that was poorly optimised through development. Typically for oRVR people will minimize their graphics, even as far as to use the 'Fastest Framerate' option to help reduce FPS drops.

Might run lower setting then seems the 400-500 fights seem quite hard even for a 8th gen cpu cuz of the engine ! Thanks a ton !

P.S: Sometimes I see my self getting hit from things I dont see like AoE's (since I am WE and someone cant lock to hit me while I am on the wall),
is there any option to be able to see enemy AoE's better ?
The engine the game was developed on doesn't support more than 1 core, which is why regardless of having a super computer, the game will run the same. You can change visual settings and graphical settings in-game to see Enemy Spell Particles however this will also cause more FPS stutters etc.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.