Recent Topics

Ads

The "Best PVP MMORPG" - what?

Let's talk about... everything else
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: The "Best PVP MMORPG" - what?

Post#41 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:04 pm

I do sympathize with the new players. It is a hard slog.

While I don't agree with everything said, the Devs could help new players by taking another look at the costing for Devastator and Annihilator. I have leveled toons on nothing but oRvR, and hit 40/5x without complete sets of either armour due to bad bag luck. This leads to massive amounts of Conq emblem breakdowns, which just sets the toon further back. The armour set gear curve from 16 to 39 is not optimized for the speed of leveling at the moment - it almost feels like you should avoid the 2x events. New players hitting 40 without even full Annihilator (thats not even the 40/4x "base" set) is a balance problem that needs to be addressed.

Hard to "Git Gud" when you are in a mishmash of Anni and greens/PQ blues for the lack of something better. Healers/rdps can manage to an extent, but tanks and mdps are just insta-squashed.

Upward conversion of Officer medallions into Conqueror would also help here, but I seem to recall the Devs dead set against that. Hopefully the full Invader before Vanquisher foolishness was solved by the last patch at least.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:28 pm

thewilling wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:02 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am when I play new char and top scoreboard. But then I watch people play and check their gear, it becomes obvious, why they struggle.
On top of it, having standard UI makes is almost impossible to play properly as tank or healer. Even as DD it's hard to track, who you have in target.

Thanks, your comment makes it very clear why I made this post. Also, every time the UI gets mentioned in a thread about geared players nearly one shotting lowbies I can’t help but smile. I’m pretty sure VinUI comes by default with the game files, as irrelevant as that is to this discussion.
It doesn't come pre-installed and most ppl don't care what's included in torrent beside the game.
Watch some streams and see how many run default UI.
Ppl not following their guard target, because they can't even track its position, is pretty common.
All your rambling is non-sense, when people show all the time, that being lowlvl doesn't stop them from stomping the opposition.
In the very same sc, which you guys like to link as screenshot to show some disparity, you see highlvls who perform good and bad. Why they perform different? It's about knowledge to get gear and general skill you get over time. They could even have same gear and one would perform much better.
If we could watch an sc, where you think the enemy team wins because of gear and higher ranks, we could easily make a list of what each player does wrong.

Btw, the next time you mention "1shotting" lowbies, pls include a combat log with time stamps and the gear of that player, because this doesn't happen because of rank differences.
Last edited by Sulorie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

uanaka

Post#43 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:04 pm I do sympathize with the new players. It is a hard slog.

While I don't agree with everything said, the Devs could help new players by taking another look at the costing for Devastator and Annihilator. I have leveled toons on nothing but oRvR, and hit 40/5x without complete sets of either armour due to bad bag luck. This leads to massive amounts of Conq emblem breakdowns, which just sets the toon further back. The armour set gear curve from 16 to 39 is not optimized for the speed of leveling at the moment - it almost feels like you should avoid the 2x events. New players hitting 40 without even full Annihilator (thats not even the 40/4x "base" set) is a balance problem that needs to be addressed.

Hard to "Git Gud" when you are in a mishmash of Anni and greens/PQ blues for the lack of something better. Healers/rdps can manage to an extent, but tanks and mdps are just insta-squashed.

Upward conversion of Officer medallions into Conqueror would also help here, but I seem to recall the Devs dead set against that. Hopefully the full Invader before Vanquisher foolishness was solved by the last patch at least.
To be fair, breaking down conq emblems is usually the way to go. You only get conq for only a few renown levels anyways. And given that the prices of conq and vanq have gone down a ton with this patch, it's not that difficult to gear out now. Breaking down vanq medals isn't bad since you can get the pieces in bags. I would recommend breaking down vanq medals just so you aren't using sets like annihilator for a long time. Ton of people complain about the gear gap, but they're also not breaking down these medallions to upgrade their gear either

bigdaddimatti

Post#44 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 pm

As a new player I agree. T2 is absolute piss. Die over and over and over just because I'm 20+ levels lower. Not fun. Not worth repeating.

If you want people to stick with RoR this needs to be addressed. Me, for now, I'm done.

Nikkuz

Post#45 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Just a simple and easy question to op. You like the game ? Yes? Play it. You dont? Change with the infinite others mmo. I realy dont see where is the problem...

stealthc98

Post#46 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 pm

This whole thread can be summed up with a "learn to play" comment.

growill

Post#47 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Man I was playing a shadow warrior and I felt the same. T1 was a blast. Could do everything, 1v1, sc, zerg pug, run supply you name it. Then I got to 16 and I pushed playing it till 26 but honestly I just wanted all of it to be over. Enemies would run over me, my dmg was laughable.
Then I rerolled a WL. It's 23 now. One of the best times of my gaming career. I'm being careful in gearing him up and I'm doing really good, even though being melee I need to be extra careful with positioning. Maybe you just need to pick a class that really ticks with you. I took like 7 chars to 15.

You say pvp in this game is trash because it's not skill based. Well I just got back to GW2 before coming back here. On that game you have smooth real time action combat. You need to have lightning reflexes. My gosh is that game bad though. What's the point in having an rpg combat system that relies entirely on "push that button exactly in this 0.1s window or you dead". That kind of skill based combat really sucks to me.

In old schools mmos like this it's not about reflexes, it's about strategy. And positioning. Learn your class, know which fights to pick . You say you could never take on that magus, well let me tell you this game is more about groups than anything. If you can't take on him alone just don't. You're not supposed to. Learn to coordinate with you party members. Forget pug just set up a small party yourself. Watch out for the enemies moves. Wait until that marauder overextends too much and melt him. Assist that friend of yours that is just about to getting killed. Move to higher ground etc etc.

Then if you want to keep on whining about how you can win every 1v1 because of the powergap due to gear disparity well my friend welcome to the marvelous world of what's a MMORPG

EsthelielSunfury

Post#48 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 pm

stealthc98 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 pm This whole thread can be summed up with a "learn to play" comment.
And your comment with nothing.

Ads
mytreds

Post#49 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 pm

Separating T2 and 3 will never happen because logistically I doesn’t make sense. Are lvl 40s gonna wait around for the lowbies to take half a day to unlock those zones? What will they do while all the undergeared professional gamer geniuses take their time to simply knockdown a wall? I love the fact vets can come to T2 and 3 because it helps level my lower level alts that much quicker, and get loot faster which helps to gear faster, etc etc. Be careful what you wish for OP and others. You may not like what you get. But since I doubt you will listen to us, just go play another game and don’t waste your time here.

mytreds

Post#50 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:26 pm

Btw, everyone dies. New players old players good and bad players, we all die, we all eat dirt. Get over it! It’s a part of the game. There’s no shame in dying.