Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Matching Rules

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Scenario Matching Rules

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:22 am

I am sure this was discussed already but I could not find a respective topic.

Are there any rules for scenario matching? I think I read something about it years ago, something like "all archtypes - tanks, dps, healers must be represented" but a few days back I was in SC with no tanks or "if you join as a group you will be matched against group as well".

Can anyone list matching rules or give a link to them?

TYIA
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Starx

Re: Scenario Matching Rules

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:10 am

As far as I know match making is only implemented for ranked scenarios. The reason is people complain more about lack of pops more than no matchmaking.

With a larger population now that might be something the devs could look into? We don't have to have 2-2-2 perfect matchmaking but at least making sure every part have 1 tank and 1 healer would be a good middle ground between fast pops/composition.

Either way you'll still get smashed by premades.

The problem with this game really just lies in how scenarios are layed out, and that includes city. All that matters in 90% of them is your ability to brawl. This is because all the maps in this game either are extremely compact and the ability for a zerg to peel off and deal with other objectives is fast, or the objective is just based around brawling. This means that 2-2-2 and zerging like an ape is just the best thing to do.

I know a lot of you hate WoW but look at battlegrounds like AB, the 4 objectives are spread out and you can't just zerg around to each and expect to win. This also makes the meta a bit more interesting as now things besides brawl become important, not to say brawl isnt. Classes that are good solos are great to sit on close points, classes with stealth become very good at moving around trying to ninja points. Communication and strategy becomes much more important.