Recent Topics

Ads

How does contribution work?

Let's talk about... everything else
Wolfud

How does contribution work?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:09 pm

This is my first post, decided to write it down 'cause i had hard time figuring out how this works.
Talking about Cities for example:
every time i joined city i was first in dmg order side and sometimes of both sides, did the right targets and helped out my team with cc and such.
Still getting 13-14th place in contribution (not talking about the final roll, i don't care about that or rewards).
So, how this contribution work?
Had the same problem as a tank. Switched guard on every damaged target and always in frontline to funnel and take dmg... still low contribution.
Asked to a veteran player 80+ and he answered: "to get contribution as a tank you need to be guarding or healing ME".... what the....

So, what has to be done to be valuable and get contribution with each role?
Thank you for answers.

Wholfud Eng 50+
Asimar SM 60+

Ads
jtj5002

Re: How does contribution work?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:27 pm

They won't reveal how contribution work because people would abuse it.
But it appears to work similarly with renown gain. When you heal/effectively guard someone, you can a portion of their contri/renown from kill. If the people you heal/guard aren't doing much or aren't taking any damage, you won't get much.

As a healer, I seem to easily get 1st place any time if the dps are great, but finish very low with the same amount of healing if they are lacking.

Other things like rezzing, cleansing, taunts might also contribute to it.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Wolfud

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Thank you for your answer.
So what about a DPS?
Clearly it's not just a matter of amount of dmg 'cause i get low position with higher amount.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 pm

So there's no public mathematical formula to look at that can help you work out how to contribute more and receive more for your actions. That being said, I've taken this from the Wiki which should outline roughly what you should focus on doing to earn contribution in an RvR situation.

Cities are similar, but again, no official information as to - do X recieve gold bags.

---------------------------

The RoR development team released the contributing factors to what increases the player bag rolls for loot in RvR. The list is as follows:

In and out of party reviving & healing
Triggering Guard damage
Killing the keep lord
Capturing, defending, and fighting on Battlefield Objectives (BOs)
Killing players (solo or in a group)
Killing/damaging siege equipment
Damaging keep doors
Avoiding cross realming
Returning & assisting with supplies
Claiming a keep
Participating in guild investment

FAQ

Q: Does the contribution take into account switching from the populated side to the underdog?
A: You will lose all contribution from the original character in the zone if you enter RvR within the same tier on another character. This can occur with characters in the same realm or on the opposing realm. For example, you enter a 16-40 RvR zone with Character A. You switch to Character B and enter a 16-40 RvR zone. You lose all contribution on Character A, regardless of the realm affiliation of Character B. You will not lose contribution on Character A if you enter a 1-15 RvR zone with Character C. You will also not lose contribution on Character A if Character B does not enter the RvR zone.

Q: If a tank defends their guard damage, does it prevent contribution?
A: As long as the damage was valid in the first place from the guardee, then as soon as the guard procs and checks your defense the contribution is added.

----------------
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Mordd

Post#5 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 am

I can tell you this. Taking flags and capping doesnt give Renown or XP. Doing things to make sure your side wins the SC gives the worst returns.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm

Mordd wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 am I can tell you this. Taking flags and capping doesnt give Renown or XP. Doing things to make sure your side wins the SC gives the worst returns.
In scenarios, you actually end up with better rewards the closer the scores are. Which includes holding objectives, killing enemies etc. If you lose with 0 vs 500, opposed to 480 vs 500, you'll get better rewards.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.