Recent Topics

Ads

Grace WP (and DoK equivalent) in PVE?

Let's talk about... everything else
Karl

Grace WP (and DoK equivalent) in PVE?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:33 am

Hiya, trying to find a new angle (and have more fun again :)) to my gaming and are atm playing my WP. Since I find the salvation build and just standing in the back kinda boring atm i'm thinking of going Grace and wield a shield and get in the center of the fight instead.

My question is if grace WP (and the DoK version) can have a place in PVE and the dungeons like BS and Crypts?

Kind regards
K

Ads
Wiede

Re: Grace WP (and DoK equivalent) in PVE?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 am

Sure, legends say they are sleeper OP in PvE.
Just get your AoE dispell and some healgear for a few encounters and you're good to go.

Vayra

Post#3 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:11 am

Melee heals do actually get around a few mechanics that makes healing certain encounters a pain normally. Melee heals aren't affected by outgoing heal debuffs (not sure if they're affected by incoming, but they shouldn't). So a boss like Ssrydian in BB is easier to heal as a Sac DoK than a regular DoK since a large portion of your healing is static + damage. You'll be affected by the dmg debuff, but still pump out consistent healing through the entire fight. Also the boss in BS where you take damage from healing doesn't apply to melee heals so you can wail away at the boss alongside the DPS and not care one bit about the debuff.

Some fights of course will be harder as well. Bosses that have damage reduction phases or where you can't be close to the boss at all times are harder.

But it for sure is fun. I just wish they hadn't made all the changes to restrict so many skills to either dual/2h or shield.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Panodil

Post#4 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:34 am

Yeah SnB pve is way superior if you speedrun city and bs. As destro you need cleanse spec in city and full dps in bs, still snb ofc.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Karl

Post#5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:23 am

Thx for the replys guys, excatly what I was looking for :)