Recent Topics

Ads

Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Let's talk about... everything else
kayin

Re: Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Post#11 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:09 pm

@Drekan if youre here just for loot you are in the wrong game.

Ads
darklord360

Post#12 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 pm

How about a Kill Quest available in end pairing zones Kill 1000 dwarf 1000 elf 1000 human = 2 invader medals only gettable for rank 40+'s. Atleast some kind of reward for participation other than meh lets run a supply or two and be in zone for an hour , and wait and see if i can get fort.

Drekan

Post#13 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:28 pm

@kayin if i wanted to take keep all days long with total zerg, DAOC Herorius zerg bus do exactly same, but to Ror, soloing still possible possible with good conditions. and yes its matters of loot and the fastest way to get it to minimise timesink... but its what i said before about 1% and 99% ... :D
Elizerain Thex

EsthelielSunfury

Post#14 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:31 pm

All the latest Fort defenses on Order side in the past few days have been successful, so perhaps it might be a thing on Destro more? Or perhaps it's just timezones.

I mean just now we were pushing Caledor, Black Crag and Chaos Wastes and Destro was having none of it, they simply wiped us on every single zone over and over, no matter realmwide communication and zone swapping to get a possible siege going.

I think the problem of zone throwing is being exaggerated by having heard of a handful of players that are obsessed with gear.

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 pm

End game gear, especially for classes like Slayer that are on whole different level of power with Invader bonus, should not be locked behind RNG of when I log on. Rewards should be logical to the goal of the game. I.e. it should be in my interest to defend the pre-fort zone, then fort, and so on. It shouldn't be that I either don't play or secretely hope we lose so I can get to the part of the game where I get to progress.

Screw me for wanting to play, have fun, and progress in the game at the same time. But for some reason ppl here say that either you have fun and shut up about reward or you are just an addict playing only for gear and you will never be happy. For some reason no one is willing to have a reasonable inbetweeen. Instead you are labeled as someone "who is just here for the loot."
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:27 pm

darklord360 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 pm How about a Kill Quest available in end pairing zones Kill 1000 dwarf 1000 elf 1000 human = 2 invader medals only gettable for rank 40+'s. Atleast some kind of reward for participation other than meh lets run a supply or two and be in zone for an hour , and wait and see if i can get fort.
This sort of thing would be great. And I would still get Invader faster than the current rate.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#17 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:41 am

Drekan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 pm 1% of server thinking about it, 99% just retardly take or def keep all days long and probably dont know about reward mecanics
maybe someday everyone understand and let city be pushed and stop waste everyone time and get 1 royal for fort def... lol
def city access should give much more rewards than city def itself..
Good thing next patch defending city will give 4 Royals then.

jvlosky

Post#18 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:47 am

I dunno but I like where this thread is going. I think in general high RR players should have more incentive to do keeps and oRVR. I see too many people hold out their actually geared toons for cities exclusively which just stinks.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#19 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 am

Drekan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:06 pm maybe someday everyone understand and let city be pushed and stop waste everyone time and get 1 royal for fort def... lol
This is called collusion, to serve personnal purpose. Working with opposite faction deserve a sanction. As a reminder :

You can claim the game gives you the possibility to ofc, but rules of this server clearly say you shouldn't.

Objectively, if your purpose is waiting a city "just" to have the gear, you basically don't need the gear; waiting doesn't need any gear. If you consider your are not good enough with pre fort/city gear, having it won't change anything.

On a cooler tone, it is not as easy as you may think to calibrate such thing, unless you wanna see a single faction in the end ( relation between effort/reward vs victory/reward who are generally opposite). Next patch will maybe give use some clues.

toffikx

Post#20 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:10 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 pm Rewards should be logical to the goal of the game. I.e. it should be in my interest to defend the pre-fort zone, then fort, and so on. It shouldn't be that I either don't play or secretely hope we lose so I can get to the part of the game where I get to progress.

Screw me for wanting to play, have fun, and progress in the game at the same time. But for some reason ppl here say that either you have fun and shut up about reward or you are just an addict playing only for gear and you will never be happy. For some reason no one is willing to have a reasonable inbetweeen. Instead you are labeled as someone "who is just here for the loot."