Recent Topics

Ads

Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Reward for not throwing zone before fort

Post#31 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:32 am

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 am [maybe a fake news on] on next patch, all currencies in inventory of those who are, entering in Fort when this area is not active, gonna be sinked and shared to players who are actively contributing in rvr. [maybe a fake news off] problem solved. :)
Really not sure if its good to punish players to play the game that are "forced" to play...i have lost several reservations to play the game "as intended"...staying in the zone until lock, capping BOs, defending captured keep, etc...and then due to zone desing (if fort entrance is in the opossite side of the keep captured), due to ganks, etc...cant get into fort before reservation gone.

Im not a hardcore player and really dont mind about "the gear" (i want progression but with any kind of drama if dont) but really dont like to spend XXXXtime/effort to lock one zone and then lose access to fort because you could not get into fort in 5 mins....

What if [fake news on] ppl who got reservation was directly ported into fort when zone locks (or get a message to join/port like the SC/City one) and stop to let the ones who worked in zone locks out of fort due to "5 mins" and giving that fort spot to the ones who ran into fort before zone lock [fake news off].

Ads
Kragg

Post#32 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Is it odd that I actually see the opposite on Order? I see people get stuck in and defending till the very end. There is always some folks who want to throw it but they get yelled at.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

IAko

Post#33 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:43 pm

[edit: just seen patch notes, 4 for a zone defend]

Been thinking about this too. My 2 cents is:

1 invader too low for zone defence because of the 4 for keep loss, potential balance could be 2 for both of those situations, that would encourage people to defend the zone knowing they get the same, however rewarding too much for a zone defence could just encourage people pushing to a zone then switching sides to defend same zone, so anymore than 2 could cause new problems. This becomes an xrealm issue which could possibly countered by xrealm longer lockout, somewhere from 8-24-hours? that's probably a different thread though but it's closely linked to these issues as anything that rewards too much will encourage flipping sides for shinies for many.

Another question this raises is should reward be the same for winning a fort if defending or attacking, being proactive and forcing the fort should maybe reward more. Possible solution 4 four a defending win, keep as 6 for attacking win. Could also keep at 6 for both when it denies a city?

Related issue, getting tied up in one zone isn't a lot of fun, way to unlock other zones (timer or some triggering event) might be worth looking at.

NSKaneda

Post#34 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:31 pm

- You will now only recieve [Royal Crest] from City Sieges when you have the unlocked the Tome of Knowledge entry for equipping the Invader gearset, you will otherwise recieve [Invader Medallion].
- The rewards for defending the last zone before a fortress has been increased to 4 x [Invader Medallion].

Great changes, thank you devs for listening! Really appreciated!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#35 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:31 pm
- You will now only recieve [Royal Crest] from City Sieges when you have the unlocked the Tome of Knowledge entry for equipping the Invader gearset, you will otherwise recieve [Invader Medallion].
- The rewards for defending the last zone before a fortress has been increased to 4 x [Invader Medallion].

Great changes, thank you devs for listening! Really appreciated!
I look forward to the short term memory to fade and more whining for faster gear starts up in another month or so. Faster faster, gotta finish the game so I have nothing else left to do.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

NSKaneda

Post#36 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 pm I look forward to the short term memory to fade and more whining for faster gear starts up in another month or so. Faster faster, gotta finish the game so I have nothing else left to do.
My memory is long but your knowledge of human nature is very accurate ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

IAko

Post#37 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:33 pm

I think 4 is going to prove too much - it now pays to let your middle zone be pushed as then you win/win 4 invaders if your next zone goes either way, will depend how much people online at a particular time want to push for cities or if more are happy just farming invaders.

I posted above 2/2 for zone defend/fort loss, I think that would work better but am curious to see how 4/4 works out

Boomie82

Post#38 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:20 pm

not sure what the right solution is, but i think 4 invader for defending the last zone is not it.
to many people talk already about throwing the mid zone.

maybe 1 invader for mid and 2 for last zone for defend OR attack could work.

Ads
jtj5002

Post#39 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Remember to screenshot and report everyone who tries to throw zones, whether if its fort, end, or middle zones.

I think 2 invaders for defending a end zone fort and 2 royals for defending a fort would've been a better solution for this.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Drekan

Post#40 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:27 pm

@Yaliskah Sit at IC and pray for our side lose or win pairing faster may not be called Collusion :)
Elizerain Thex