Recent Topics

Ads

new invader farming

Let's talk about... everything else
Cruisefix

Re: new invader farming

Post#101 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:10 pm

For one i think the changes to Invader Medals given out in City Sieges was a splendid idea.
I myself throttled my character progression a lot (focus forts/city over other zones) when i was nearing RR 70 but had not yet completed the Invader Set.

I applause the decision to give out Invader Medals in Cities past RR 70 as long as the Invader-ToK is not unlocked.

With the addition of Invader Medals at zone defense however i think one crucial aspect has been forgotten.
Now that Invader Medals can be aquired at a much faster pace, why would anyone bother to play for other rewards. (from a progression standpoint)

It does take 910 Vanquisher Medals to grab your Set, but only 175 / 220 (including Jewel) to grab the Invader Set with an even higher item level. Yes Full Invader over Full Vanq doesn't always make perfect sense for some classes but do people really care?

I really don't mind that Invader Pieces can now be aquired at a tenth of the previous speed.
But every ambition to farm Conq or Vanquisher Pieces is greatly overshadowed by the simplicity of farming the second / third best RvR Set.

Resulting in an almost complete halt of RvR activity as soon as a fort neighbouring zone isn't open.
Last edited by Cruisefix on Sun May 03, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#102 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:33 am and the sovereign farmers clashed with an invader farmers in a dispute not for life but for death, who of them needed more. and they argued for three days and three nights and could not come to any agreement)
Some of us want to just play the game without 100% AAO switches every zone...

badoglio

Post#103 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:13 pm

with this new system of rewards the game is unplayable

4 invaders for defending a zone that could be swarmed by xrealmers is a free gift - at least before people wanted forts where the fight is quite balanced

dwyur

Post#104 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:14 pm

The Invader change was clearly made to stop the 'people are throwing for cities' issue. The result of this change within 2 days are the lowest population numbers I've seen since I started playing 6 weeks ago, and a totally dead RvR. It seems pretty clear either a change back to how medallions previously worked, with new ideas on what a future change might be to help the state of RvR/city campaign, or leave the patch as is and let the game die as quickly as it has and lose the doubling of it's population it has built up. Even people in support of this change, either haven't even logged in to see it's results and only like the idea of easier invader's for casual players, or have changed their opinion within 24 hours of it and seeing the rapid decline.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

moch

Post#105 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:18 pm

dwyur wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:14 pm The Invader change was clearly made to stop the 'people are throwing for cities' issue. The result of this change within 2 days are the lowest population numbers I've seen since I started playing 6 weeks ago, and a totally dead RvR. It seems pretty clear either a change back to how medallions previously worked, with new ideas on what a future change might be to help the state of RvR/city campaign, or leave the patch as is and let the game die as quickly as it has and lose the doubling of it's population it has built up. Even people in support of this change, either haven't even logged in to see it's results and only like the idea of easier invader's for casual players, or have changed their opinion within 24 hours of it and seeing the rapid decline.
When the cure is worse than the disease.....

Sonnenritter

Post#106 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm

dwyur wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:14 pm The Invader change was clearly made to stop the 'people are throwing for cities' issue. The result of this change within 2 days are the lowest population numbers I've seen since I started playing 6 weeks ago, and a totally dead RvR. It seems pretty clear either a change back to how medallions previously worked, with new ideas on what a future change might be to help the state of RvR/city campaign, or leave the patch as is and let the game die as quickly as it has and lose the doubling of it's population it has built up. Even people in support of this change, either haven't even logged in to see it's results and only like the idea of easier invader's for casual players, or have changed their opinion within 24 hours of it and seeing the rapid decline.
There are almost 2k people on as a I type this. A bunch of people came to the game fairly recently thanks to videos by people like TheLazyPeon, articles on gaming websites, and social media sharing on places like Reddit. The population has slowly been going down to a new high normal and reaching a stabilizing point. This was happening before this patch. You straight up lying about the cause of the population declining from its peak does not bode well for your cause.

dwyur

Post#107 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Sonnenritter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm
There are almost 2k people on as a I type this. A bunch of people came to the game thanks to videos by people like TheLazyPeon, articles on gaming websites, and social media sharing on places like Reddit. The population has slowly been going down to a new high normal and reaching a stabilizing point. This was happening before this patch. You straight up lying about the cause of the population declining from its peak does not bode well for your cause.
Lol lying. Obviously the population has dwindled slightly from it hitting the 3.5k cap right after that video. I could have told you that would happen the day the server hit 3.5k, it was always going to drop slightly. Until this patch it routinely close to 2.8k. It's sunday morning here, this is the most populated time for the game. 2k during peak day time would be the lowest population I've seen on a Sunday since I started. I have no "cause" here, this thread has 11 pages of discussion already. I'm referring to the population of the last 2 days being lower, not the slow filtering out of new players who did not stick with the game. Bigbrain time yeah

Sonnenritter wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:58 pm I can just say that as a new player I love this system. I am not really able to just log into the game on a moment's notice to do a fortress or a city siege. Nor can I play all day every day. I am glad to be rewarded with Invader tokens for just involving myself in regular open RvR zones. Thanks devs, you're the best. :)
Oh now I know why you quoted me, you made this post that I was referencing.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest

Sonnenritter

Post#108 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:40 pm

dwyur wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:35 pm
Sonnenritter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm
There are almost 2k people on as a I type this. A bunch of people came to the game thanks to videos by people like TheLazyPeon, articles on gaming websites, and social media sharing on places like Reddit. The population has slowly been going down to a new high normal and reaching a stabilizing point. This was happening before this patch. You straight up lying about the cause of the population declining from its peak does not bode well for your cause.
Lol lying. Obviously the population has dwindled slightly from it hitting the 3.5k cap right after that video. I could have told you that would happen the day the server hit 3.5k, it was always going to drop slightly. Until this patch it routinely close to 2.8k. It's sunday morning here, this is the most populated time for the game. 2k during peak day time would be the lowest population I've seen on a Sunday since I started. I have no "cause" here, this thread has 11 pages of discussion already. I'm referring to the population of the last 2 days being lower, not the slow filtering out of new players who did not stick with the game. Bigbrain time yeah
Yes, you are lying. And you are lying about not having a cause. You want the changes to be reverted. That is made clear by the fact that you also lied about the supporters of this change not playing. I am a supporter of this change and I am playing more than previously.

"Even people in support of this change, either haven't even logged in to see it's results and only like the idea of easier invader's for casual players, or have changed their opinion within 24 hours of it and seeing the rapid decline." - your post

You love to lie and you love to lie about not lying. You just pull **** out of your asshole that you call a mouth.

Ads
dwyur

Post#109 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:42 pm

^ This guy supporting the change alone is all you need to know.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest

Sonnenritter

Post#110 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:44 pm

dwyur wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:42 pm ^ This guy supporting the change alone is all you need to know.
You added in a new part of your post, so to that I say... huh? Yes, I am new somewhat similar to how you are. You just started to play 6 weeks ago according to what you said. I originally made an account a few years ago but never got beyond a few levels because it was in a rougher state then and not nearly as populated as today. I came back during the population explosion. I am loving the game. I didn't enjoy waiting for what I consider to be boring fortresses anyway.

Also, I am not "supporting the change alone". There are other people who like the change as well. Again, you love to lie. I don't think it's possible for you to make a post without lying.