easy solution

fix contribution already and reward them in bags

broken for years

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Re: new invader farming

Post#92 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:19 am

they need to change it back fast.. no matter how people saying it was to hard with getting invaders outside city. and trowing forts and so on. the entire game has stopped.. 60 players in RvR atm ? 1100 online none wanna push.. just sitting afk waiting for the other realm to push.. then log the deffending realm.. change this back to before... at least 3k players run around fighting, trowing or not.. the game was active.. its not now.. and we will lose many players to this..
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Hiszp4n

Post#93 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:27 am

WINNING last zone should be rewarder with invader crest, doesnt matter if you are locking it as a attacker or a deffender, this way both sides will actually have a reason to fight there.

Change my mind.

Omegus

Post#94 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:33 am

Sorry if this was covered in the 10 pages, but why was the decision made to award Invader tokens to everyone? Previously they were locked behind RR50 in forts, then RR40 via cities, and now it's just R16 in pre-fort keeps so now everyone and their alt will be trying to get Invader tokens in advance.

For keep rewards I'd put them at RR60 (the tier above Vanquisher which drops from RR50 bags), forts RR50 and cities RR40. At least that way the general masses have an incentive to keep pushing to the city to get access to more tokens at a lower RR, as currently the quickest and easiest way to get the tokens for everyone is to cooperate and swap keeps.

Speaking of cooperation, it wasn't even just the x-realmers. People without characters on both sides were still benefiting from keep ping pong. Long-term there needs to be a better reason to stay and push on one faction. This could be having rewards partially tied into the campaign (e.g. you get half now, and either the other half if your faction wins the campaign or 1/4 if it loses. numbers just for examples) and to discourage xrealming between campaigns there needs to be longer-term effects for city rank. I know they are supposedly coming at some point and hopefully they will make people want to defend the cities.

Finally, this is also partially a symptom of another issue is that people REALLY hate forts. The lag, the disconnects, pushing through 2 tiny doors, not getting to participate at all and this causing people to be split up from their friends, etc. For the majority of people forts were something they had to to go get Invader (from the fort itself and the city) but now they get to avoid those 45 minutes of hell. For the purposes of getting Invader tokens pushing to the city is now counter-productive too as it will reset the campaign back to tier 2 and kill off end-zone ping pong.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

kryss

Post#95 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:15 am

The amount of zone trading has become unbearable and even a blind monkey can see the wild swings in population and capturing/throwing procedures. Crazy number of 2x weekends took us to new chars jump in no time to rr 70, stuck in conq /vanq and legitemately want some equip worth their rank ---> crying ---> 4 med "solution". Then this embarassing t4 forever situation. If you really want to keep the 4 invaders reward (which is indeed a worse patch then the problem itself) at least extend the xrealm timer to 3 hrs: preventing professional xrealming would at least help a bit

ReturnOfTheMac

Post#96 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 am

I'd like to point out that we don't need to find a perfect solution before agreeing that the recent change did not work as intended. Eatine has 408 order vs 170 destro atm. All other PVP modes are dead because people on order side want their invaders. It's clear that the changes did not help bring the game to a better state and, in my opinion, they should be reverted as soon as possible to improve the state of the game. Is there a reason we can't experiment with a different value between the past 1 invader for zone def and the current 4? 2 might be the magic number.

I'm sure that some people are thrilled that they're gearing up their toons and they would be upset if the changes were reverted. But I think what's important to consider is that the game is less fun now and it will stay less fun for a while. Even the people that are thrilled about getting their invaders will eventually get bored because there's no meaningful content to enjoy with invaders. Especially now that SOV is even more difficult to get to.

I'd be happy if we had an option to queue for city scenarios, e.g. twice a day, even if they didn't give out royals. That way I'd get to play the content I enjoy. But right now I can't even play scenarios because everyone on order side is in Eatine.

Dondabon

Post#97 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:50 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:57 am
Dondabon wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm I think hiding behind "this is what community wanted" is not the right approach. We tried, it didn't work as intended, lets admit the mistake and go back to what have worked.
I beg your pardon? I'm hiding behind nothing (as posted in the first page). But there is a moment where you will have to consider "your" feedback as equal than other feedbacks, and accept that at some level we can't do everything and its opposite.

This change is appealing, and i'm still convinced it is a good change. Of course it needs some adjustments. Asking to throw last zone to go in fort/city is certainly not a better one imo.

But in the end of the day, point is i don't play in the same time XXX characters switching side because they are more interested about 4 tokens than playing the game.

For the record, ORvR mechanics haven't changed. Reward have. Draw your conclusions. :)

We can fix the game in some limits, but certainly not some "players" behaviours. You and i have to deal with it.

Next post:
case C : (symetric rewarding) > Give same reward for both faction, cause time is valuable and no one want to lose, defending or attacking (as for fort city siege, or mid zones). No reason to make a real realm effort. Contribution being personnal and at some level equal, amount being slightly different but no so much, there is no need to involve too much. Waiting for fort or city being the tendancy. On side note, the campaign is a pure non sense, losing or winning being the same, would be easier to put everything in the same place, let say praag and voila. Which lead me to case D.
I have no doubt this change was done with good intentions, but end results are not what anyone intended and should be solved as soon as possible. If there is no good next step return to previous state (1 invader for def) until someone figures it out.

I completely agree that the main issue is on player base. However, as stated you cannot change player behavior, but you can incentives. So, this should be the focus in my opinion. Player personalities didn't change that drastically in last few days, but behavior did. The main reason this happened is, as someone already mentioned, is disproportional award compared to effort required. For 15min afk in open WB you get 1 piece of conq, or 1/5 of 2nd best gear in the game.

And I agree that its not only xrealming, you have ton of people that just dont want to play rvr anymore.
Example - this morning you had eatine with 450 order v 150 destro, and almost no population in Praag and TM. And you had more than 1.5k players online. So more than half have no intention to involve themselves into oRvr. As long as Eatine was locked pop droped to 130 order v 85 destro across all 3 mid zones, while still 1.5k people are online (1.1k on T2+). This is not only xrealming, people are just losing interest in oRvR and this should be adressed.
Example 2 - this afternoon we had 650 Destro vs 250 order in CW, no population in other mid zones. Few min after the lock numbers droped to 150 destro vs 100 order across all 3 mid zones.

Regarding case C - this is how it should work in theory, but in practice... Do you really think out of those 450 order players in previous example everyone were giving their best to help their realm and lock the zone? So slackers will slack, no matter what you do.

And one final thing, i see that a lot of people are mentioning bans for calls to throw, but I never saw those in practice. And I saw a lot of calls not to defend. So while this is not implemented and bans are not given this is not really a factor.

Please pay attention to numbers, it should be easy. Those are reflection on what community really thinks. Here, you have only few of us that are loud/bored/frustrated enough.
Last edited by Dondabon on Sun May 03, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zealot 84, Sorc 83, BG 83, WP 50+

Alfa1986

Post#98 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:33 am

and the sovereign farmers clashed with an invader farmers in a dispute not for life but for death, who of them needed more. and they argued for three days and three nights and could not come to any agreement)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#99 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:54 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:33 am and the sovereign farmers clashed with an invader farmers in a dispute not for life but for death, who of them needed more. and they argued for three days and three nights and could not come to any agreement)
When more get invader the Sov grind will won

ravezaar

Post#100 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Game died for me
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ