Acidic

Re: new invader farming

Post#52 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Might have been a good idea but too much, gave the farmers too much
Would say revert or halv the reward

Sunglass

Post#53 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:54 pm

This needs a hotfix. At the moment mid zones are 80 vs 80, and when mid is locked, 570 players appear magicaly for end zone def. very far away from fun.

TimOh

Post#54 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:02 pm

Why is the discussion always, we need to stop xrealmers so add long lockout times. Instead of talking about gear progression as a whole. In a game with gear progression as a whole, there needs to be access to that gear to motivate at least some portion of the player base. If all of these people are switching around to maximize rewards or if people want to throw zones to reach the zones that give the rewards they want. Just untie the rewards gained from the zones that are fought over. If progression happens outside of prefort, fort, and cities, the appeal to throw and xrealm are reduced. Things like forts and cities can still give increased chances at faster progression. Those zones already reward bags. Gear progression does not need to happen at an increased speed, it just needs to be tied to something other then what zone you are fighting over. Player actions and not what zone they are in should drive gear progression. I imagine there are many solutions that could exist if the rewards are not tied explicitly to zones, things like token drop chances or token conversion are only two that i can think at this time but im sure there could be more.

Aplogies for the formatting, this was typed on my phone.

sjemen

Post#55 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:07 pm

most of this wouldn't even be a problem if there wasn't an invader requirement to wear warlord and sov on top of the renown rank requirement.
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

NSKaneda

Post#56 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:41 pm

sjemen wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:35 pm there was some talk that if the defending force has bigger numbers (100 aao for attackers) that they don't get the medals. Doesn't work like that atm since destro got their reward in the above mentioned CW.
Yesterday we (destro) didn't get invaders for locking Caledor while outnumbering order somewhat serious (180 more). On the other hand order got their medallions earlier on when they locked KV having 220 more ppl. Guess the AAO mechanism got disabled since then..

Live had 8h xrealm lock. I think it's time to bring it back :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

toffikx

Post#57 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:54 pm

TimOh wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:02 pm Why is the discussion always, we need to stop xrealmers so add long lockout times. Instead of talking about gear progression as a whole. In a game with gear progression as a whole, there needs to be access to that gear to motivate at least some portion of the player base. If all of these people are switching around to maximize rewards or if people want to throw zones to reach the zones that give the rewards they want. Just untie the rewards gained from the zones that are fought over. If progression happens outside of prefort, fort, and cities, the appeal to throw and xrealm are reduced. Things like forts and cities can still give increased chances at faster progression. Those zones already reward bags. Gear progression does not need to happen at an increased speed, it just needs to be tied to something other then what zone you are fighting over. Player actions and not what zone they are in should drive gear progression. I imagine there are many solutions that could exist if the rewards are not tied explicitly to zones, things like token drop chances or token conversion are only two that i can think at this time but im sure there could be more.
Vanquisher has the best grind system.

lyncher12

Post#58 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm

a higher realm timer isnt the solution, just remove it. people are perfectly content trying to get invader farming end zones instead of getting a city, not sure how the devs didn't foresee this happening.

Ads
moch

Post#59 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:39 pm

Also for what is the situation now, xrealmers or not, i start to feels stupid or someohow tricked to try push zones...... And we want to talk about what' s happened this evening, when destros conquer the middle zone keep, arrive on lord and they not touch him and mass leaving the zone ?

Dragnor

Post#60 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:59 pm

In my opinion the city fix to get invaders, if you dont have full set, is enough buff. Remove the reward for zone, It promotes wrong incentive. Or if you really want to have It to reward defending, then give maybe only 1.