Ads

Ranked sc less pops

Let's talk about... everything else
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Ranked sc less pops

Post#1 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Hey guys,
I appreciate that you try to balance the ranked matches by adding a stricter method, but it seems it created an issue that higher MMR players cant get a pop or very rarely.
If you look at the leader board there are only a few high order players while lots of destro.

My opinion for fix: revert the changes, to what it was yesterday and let it run, right now there are no pops at all with over 30 people queuing and that is just frustrating, you can wait a few hours until someone at your mmr decides to queue as well, because there are not enough players.

What will happen with the revert changes, you will have high mmrs playing with low mmrs for both sides which is sort of a balance, until there is a certain meta and brackets you cant in my opinion try to strict it.

https://imgur.com/a/YRtDZJ7
Last edited by thedonkeykong332 on Sat May 02, 2020 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
popperz

Re: Ranked sc not popping after hotfix

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Agreed. Waited 50 minutes no pop. Some games were ongoing. There were enough players for new games. It was ok before the hotfix. Yes, sometimes the mmr's were not perfectly matched, but having pops is what is important.
Please revert the changes. The system worked fine before.

People who waited for so long, just started to abandon queue. Also, waiting 50 minutes and get owned because f.e. a sorc does not use armor pots is a dark experience. You just get demotivated to wait another 50 minutes.
However, when pops go as they were before hotfix (every 5-10 min), you just live with it. Like oh well, stupid sorc, I'll get better players next time.

Please revert the changes to preserve high pop-rate.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

admanb

Post#3 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:28 pm

If match-ups are going to be based on MMR (which they should if it's to be a true ranked system) you need to remove the Destro vs. Order lock, because otherwise it's way too easy for the relatively small population to be locked out of games. Yesterday Destro won a huge majority of their games, which pushed most Order players into the 1300-1500 bracket and most Destro into 1700+, so now neither side can get any matches.

Mozlei

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:57 pm

Edit - fixed this issue, please ignore
Last edited by Mozlei on Sat May 02, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoR
Moz - Slayer - 40/7X
Mozlia - BW - 3X/4X
<The Pinata Pact>
(a.k.a KILL FRENZY)

Karak Hirn/Norn
Mozley - RR95 Witch Elf Mozlei - RR100 White Lion

Keula

Re: Ranked sc less pops

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Yea apparently I should've thrown half my games yesterday, so that my rating would have stayed around 1500, because if you have high rating getting pops is no longer a thing. Oh well was fun while it lasted, and there will probably be many patches to this thing in the following weeks. Also the ranged v ranged thing is still the best thing that has happened for a while.

Small suggestion to increase pops: Matchmake around team average mmr, so if you have higher mmr than other ppl queueing you get some lower mmr teammates to get to same average than the enemy are. Also showing the match average mmr somewhere would be nice.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ruscour

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Keula wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm Yea apparently I should've thrown half my games yesterday, so that my rating would have stayed around 1500, because if you have high rating getting pops is no longer a thing.
Is this a thing? I'm at 1700 and I get players as low as 1250 in my games, what is Soloq telling you about the current populations on each side per role? Does it look like you should be getting a game regardless of MMR but aren't?

Also the longer you wait the more relaxed the matchmaker is about increasing MMR variance, but I really do not think that it tries to pair you exclusively against players of a similar MMR range, it would just want the total MMR of both sides to be roughly even
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

admanb

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 pm

Ruscour wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 pm
Keula wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm Yea apparently I should've thrown half my games yesterday, so that my rating would have stayed around 1500, because if you have high rating getting pops is no longer a thing.
Is this a thing? I'm at 1700 and I get players as low as 1250 in my games, what is Soloq telling you about the current populations on each side per role? Does it look like you should be getting a game regardless of MMR but aren't?

Also the longer you wait the more relaxed the matchmaker is about increasing MMR variance, but I really do not think that it tries to pair you exclusively against players of a similar MMR range, it would just want the total MMR of both sides to be roughly even
Is this true as of today or yesterday? Because yesterday I was seeing 1300v1700 games, but today I sat in a queue for 30 minutes (with multiple full teams on both sides, according to SoloQ) and it didn't pop.

Ruscour

Post#8 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:53 pm

admanb wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 pm
Ruscour wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 pm

Is this true as of today or yesterday? Because yesterday I was seeing 1300v1700 games, but today I sat in a queue for 30 minutes (with multiple full teams on both sides, according to SoloQ) and it didn't pop.
Ah you might be right, apologies, I think my experiences are pre-hotfix.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:46 am

My opinion for fix: revert the changes, to what it was yesterday and let it run, right now there are no pops at all with over 30 people queuing and that is just frustrating, you can wait a few hours until someone at your mmr decides to queue as well, because there are not enough players.

What will happen with the revert changes, you will have high mmrs playing with low mmrs for both sides which is sort of a balance, until there is a certain meta and brackets you cant in my opinion try to strict it.

(added in first comment too)

popperz

Post#10 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:39 am

The morning after the hotfix, the queue is deserted. Nobody cares to queue to waste potions due to the waiting times.
At the same time yesterday it was really active.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK