Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Let's talk about... everything else
tonewho

Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone

II wish to raise something that needs to be said and needs to be acted on by the devs on this game before it becomes no point in playing the game. For background, warhammer online on live and now return of reckoning has always been my favourite game, bar none.

But the whole essence of this game is faction v faction and pushing zones to win them. This is no longer the case with the introduction of 4 invaders for defending an end zone.

Today I played as destro for the second day in succession where I capture a zone kill a lord and get 50 renown in the process and no bag because there are no order playing in the zone. There is however plenty of destro to kill the lord in just a few minutes. Then there is still enough destro to hit the keep in the end zone. And then when you think you are getting somewhere, the destro numbers suddenly start to drop, and like my wife would say the order start to pop like turtle eggs.. and next thing you know there are 500+ order and 200 destro and 500 order that suddenly appeared take the zone each get a large renown tick and 4 invaders. But even more strangely enough all these order soon vanish and destro starts attacking a mid zone again.

Devs, please do something before this game becomes either you have to join them and spoil the game or quit the game because its not worth playing.

I saw warhammer die once on the 13th December 2013 when EA closed it. I dont want to see it die again.

Thanks for reading.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Crossrealming for 4 invaders to the point of making the game unplayable

Post#2 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:20 pm

This is not a new thing. The population has always swelled when there is chance for gear. Used to be when T4 zones looked like capping for the chance for a bag. Then it was when it looked like a chance for a fort, now its for Invader. A chunk of the population waiting around for other to do the grunt work and then joining once things look certain is nothing new.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Dinotron

Post#3 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:42 pm

The game needs a 12 hour realm lockout regardless of RvR participation. Players need to decide "Which side am I going to play TODAY" not "Which side is closer to <fort/free-invader/etc> right now."

I'd go as far as to suggest locking players to a realm until a city siege occurs.

The current integrity of ORvR is pathetic.

tookmypearl

Post#4 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm

I posted this in another thread, but I'm wondering if tiering the rewards could help the problem? Basically every tier might provide you with similar or same rewards based on your RR rank, the same way this currently happens in scenarios. Forts and cities would remain having the best/most loot, of course. E.g., people farming for Invaders would need to be of sufficient RR to even get them in the first place. Maybe cities and forts could still get you them + royal crests, regardless of RR.

This way people don't have to swap sides to farm the emblems they want + there's added incentive to play lower tiered maps.

GanjalfTheRasta

Post#5 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:25 pm

i suggest to only give 4 invaders for contribution for example you contribute for win a gold bag then you get the 4 invaders these would avoid xrealming because people will think more in contribute. if these is not a option for the devs then just remove the 4 invaders for df , right now rvr is dying because of these 4 invaders put a solution to it before is to late, thanks for all the good job i dont want to rage on you devs you are all amazing we just need you to fix these in the better way possible .thanks

Glorian

Post#6 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 pm

tonewho wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 pm Good afternoon everyone

II wish to raise something that needs to be said and needs to be acted on by the devs on this game before it becomes no point in playing the game. For background, warhammer online on live and now return of reckoning has always been my favourite game, bar none.

But the whole essence of this game is faction v faction and pushing zones to win them. This is no longer the case with the introduction of 4 invaders for defending an end zone.

Today I played as destro for the second day in succession where I capture a zone kill a lord and get 50 renown in the process and no bag because there are no order playing in the zone. There is however plenty of destro to kill the lord in just a few minutes. Then there is still enough destro to hit the keep in the end zone. And then when you think you are getting somewhere, the destro numbers suddenly start to drop, and like my wife would say the order start to pop like turtle eggs.. and next thing you know there are 500+ order and 200 destro and 500 order that suddenly appeared take the zone each get a large renown tick and 4 invaders. But even more strangely enough all these order soon vanish and destro starts attacking a mid zone again.

Devs, please do something before this game becomes either you have to join them and spoil the game or quit the game because its not worth playing.

I saw warhammer die once on the 13th December 2013 when EA closed it. I dont want to see it die again.

Thanks for reading.
I am not sure how that is possible.
With the 90 minute lockout timer. How can Destro while tagged fro RvR log to Order, then do RvR and then log back?
There needs to be each time 90 Minutes between that.
Or am I on a wrong thinking here?

bussibaerli

Post#7 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 pm

I see also that this patch will kill the fun and progress of the game .. for shure for all they had farmed a long time for their items!

Hope they will change that back OR try to stop that xRealm-ing ...

M0rw47h

Post#8 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Glorian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 pm

I am not sure how that is possible.
With the 90 minute lockout timer. How can Destro while tagged fro RvR log to Order, then do RvR and then log back?
There needs to be each time 90 Minutes between that.
Or am I on a wrong thinking here?
You're wrong. You can play your dwarf for 90 minutes (to push two middle zones), then log on your chaos dwarf (to push back) and after 90 you can play your dwarf again. You can repeat this process for whole day, if you have time for that. This is because timer is ticking since you log ON character. It's clearly too short and should be longer, 12 hours would be fine, so people would have to decide which side they aid in given day - and I'm saying this as person with RR80+ on both sides.

Ads
Ruscour

Post#9 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Dinotron wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:42 pm The game needs a 12 hour realm lockout regardless of RvR participation.
Huh? I xrealm for scenario queues, it means more people get into a game faster since I'd rather play an alt than wait forever for a game, I don't see how that's a bad thing
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

perche

Post#10 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:05 pm

How hard is it to make 70+ reputation players drop invaders?
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.