Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
adamthelc

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#31 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:48 pm

The whole idea of solo queue being "competitive", ranked and random is crazy to me, but that is a different issue. Some people are going to be serious about it and you should expect that.

You need some thicker skin or you need to go in knowing that you are going to pull your weight. Thats not an order, that is advice. I'm not defending anything anyone says. Lots of the time people who chirp are garbage themselves. but this is real life you either learn how to deal with those people or you avoid them, because they aren't going anywhere.

Personally I love when someone tries to call me out, but it doesnt happen that often.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#32 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:05 pm

you can always do as i do: Close chat totally or replace it with a movie in background and ignore the flame. Your life will be a lot better. Peoples in internet will always be toxic unfortunately and your best defense is to ignore them totally.

M0rw47h

Post#33 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:05 pm you can always do as i do: Close chat totally or replace it with a movie in background and ignore the flame. Your life will be a lot better. Peoples in internet will always be toxic unfortunately and your best defense is to ignore them totally.
I hope you don't do that, before your party decides who is the main assist.

Asherdoom

Post#34 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:15 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:14 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:05 pm you can always do as i do: Close chat totally or replace it with a movie in background and ignore the flame. Your life will be a lot better. Peoples in internet will always be toxic unfortunately and your best defense is to ignore them totally.
i personally check chat AFTER main assist has been set i close chat and gooodbye stress: i play 100% at my skill as a game is supposed to be. For me is just a videogame not a job.

M0rw47h

Post#35 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:15 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:14 pm
i personally check chat AFTER main assist has been set i close chat and gooodbye stress: i play 100% at my skill as a game is supposed to be. For me is just a videogame not a job.
Spoiler:

Jastojan

Post#36 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:33 pm

zaauk wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:36 am
Foltestik wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:33 am
dysfori wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 am Frustrating or not, it doesnt make it ok for anyone to behave badly." Wrong gear" mentality can go pack itself in a box and fudge off. Just let people enjoy the game without others having to be know it all:s.

And if they know that much about how its played, maybe they should play better themselves and just get their rank higher. I get full blown agitated by elitist pricks.
its good that you enjoy your game but you ruin that game for another 5 players, which wanna enjoy their game too
Then be polite and try to help them improve. Not all players are good.
Yelling wont help.
This is it.
The fact that some1 in your grp is undergeared does not give you right to shout on him (or blame...) even before the SC starts. It is unpleasant when you see some1 badly geared in your grp, but there are maaany ways to deal with it. It is just on you which way you chose.
One example: I was on my DOK (conq/anni eq + green talismans with stats) as a healer. I set my equip inspect OFF so noone could check my eq. No1 complained even if I was with top geard guys in my grp (it was maybe 4-5 monhts ago? There were no cities yet...). My winrate was about to 8:2 for wins (even with bad equipped players). Everything was good. As soon as I set the "gear inspect" ON, problems started. Full conqueror/domi BG started to be offensive against me (even before the SC starts) and of course we lost that SC because his toxicity killed all the grp morale and motivation (there is no reason to fight with ungeared ppl on our side etc. ...). I told him that I can play as heal dok quite good but he should try to play (should give a chance to that ranked SC) instead of "trash talking". But no, he resigned. We lost.
I do not need to explain that full "top total brutal" equipped player who act like an id... is much more useless player than the one who is trying do his best (even if his eq is not top).
So there realy is no reason for toxicity due to poor equipped ppl (and in pug scenarios? oh my...).

And on the other side my first experience as a dmg DOK was realy realy bad. But in normal not ranked SC. As a DPS DOK newbie I was realy hardly blamed by one of the highest RR players (now I know that I was not alone) and it was the reason to stop playing this game for months... the point is that there are many ways to say people "you did bad" or "try to do it this way" (you know what I mean)... without any hate.

jokerspsycho

Post#37 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:10 pm SoloQ in RoR competetive as SoloQ in LeagueOfLegends... who would thought it will be possible in a dead game... well... well...

soon we will have players divided into divisions :D
If we had the numbers I wouldn't be surprised. but if we had the numbers it wouldn't be as much of a problem because a player who belongs in let's say 1800mmr would eventually climb there and someone who belongs in 1300 will eventually fall there given enough time even if they got carried through games. The issue is 6v6 isnt to popular and I'm not sure about all gear sets, but most are just ok and they take A LOT of games to get. All that together makes a subpar game mode for the majority and leaves you with limited players and long Qs which makes for a bot great experience. least that's how I'm seeing this pan out.

Xergon

Post#38 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:52 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm
Xergon wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:10 pm SoloQ in RoR competetive as SoloQ in LeagueOfLegends... who would thought it will be possible in a dead game... well... well...

soon we will have players divided into divisions :D
If we had the numbers I wouldn't be surprised. but if we had the numbers it wouldn't be as much of a problem because a player who belongs in let's say 1800mmr would eventually climb there and someone who belongs in 1300 will eventually fall there given enough time even if they got carried through games. The issue is 6v6 isnt to popular and I'm not sure about all gear sets, but most are just ok and they take A LOT of games to get. All that together makes a subpar game mode for the majority and leaves you with limited players and long Qs which makes for a bot great experience. least that's how I'm seeing this pan out.
Some additional reward would be nice to see, and reward which is worth for everyone, independet of class or playstyle, something like a lot gold for example. Like maybe top100 get 100g, or quest, get 10wins 10g and so on...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:52 pm

I wonder whether people should not get to see their mmr until the season ends. Then they cant stress about it.

Stinkyweed

Post#40 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Is there a minimum number of matches to make the leader board? Or do I need to turn off "hidden"?
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo