Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Order is how it is.

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Debate about why Order is how it is.

Post#411 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:04 pm

malorn wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:02 pmWhat was the Core Guard Ability Change experience of 2019?

The Guard Ability was changed to punish two-hand play. If you were two-hand spec as a tank when you placed Guard on any target you would only mitigate half the damage an S&B tank would. You talked about the fact people don't appreciate being forced into playing one particular style of play, and that was exactly what manifested. Eventually, due to the backlash, the ability change was rescinded.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#412 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 pm

traja7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:42 pm To collect some real numbers about career representation on both sides I have been collecting data from RvR now for the past 3 days. The methodology is that I scan active RvR zones with the ZonePop addon (not T1). Each scan is done with a few hours between and never the same zone twice in a row. So far I am up to 15 scans. Here are the results: https://imgur.com/a/JPcwnbV
This is really interesting data, thanks for posting!

While I know it's not definitive, it does seem to highlight the things brought up already: Destro currently has a much stronger balance of melee fighters and tanks in comparison to their roster; Order leans much more heavily to range. I didn't realize we had that many Warrior Priests, but it's believable. :)

It's definitely true that more organization and stronger leaders on Order's side would help considerably, but comparing certain classes like Archmage and Shadow Warrior vs Shaman and Squig Herder, specifically for primary specs, does seem to play out more in Destro's favor, at least for cities.

Telen
Suspended

Post#413 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Its almost as if players will go for the overpowered classes.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#414 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm

Rubius wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 pm
traja7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:42 pm To collect some real numbers about career representation on both sides I have been collecting data from RvR now for the past 3 days. The methodology is that I scan active RvR zones with the ZonePop addon (not T1). Each scan is done with a few hours between and never the same zone twice in a row. So far I am up to 15 scans. Here are the results: https://imgur.com/a/JPcwnbV

While I know it's not definitive, it does seem to highlight the things brought up already: Destro currently has a much stronger balance of melee fighters and tanks in comparison to their roster; Order leans much more heavily to range. I didn't realize we had that many Warrior Priests, but it's believable. :)

It's definitely true that more organization and stronger leaders on Order's side would help considerably, but comparing certain classes like Archmage and Shadow Warrior vs Shaman and Squig Herder, specifically for primary specs, does seem to play out more in Destro's favor, at least for cities.
I also find this data interesting and useful, though I do wish there was a way to separate by spec, because I have a sneaking suspicion that most of those WPs are trying to do the 'dps healer' thing with Wrath, and generally being useless as a result.

jtj5002

Post#415 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm

So this also shows that there isn't really a significant RVR population between order and destro. Destro simply have more city loggers (and xrealm mains) with mobile notifications on their phone.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

traja7

Post#416 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 pm

jtj5002 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm
So this also shows that there isn't really a significant RVR population between order and destro. Destro simply have more city loggers (and xrealm mains) with mobile notifications on their phone.
Well it's not quite that simple. While there is only a bias towards RVR in the career data the total numbers of order and destro are biased towards balance. I am simply scanning the largest populations and those tend to be zones that have more balanced numbers. Logging faction numbers in rvr over a longer period would be another interesting project though.

R3xz

Post#417 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm

traja7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 pm
jtj5002 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm
Well it's not quite that simple. While there is only a bias towards RVR in the class data the total numbers of order and destro are biased towards balance. I am simply scanning the largest populations and those tend to be zones that have more balanced numbers. Logging faction numbers in rvr over a longer period would be another interesting project though.
Interesting project, I'm glad someone went out and finally brought some data into the discussion. I would urge you to continue collecting data though, throughout the different timezones too if you are able, the more samples there are, the more concrete the data will be. I commend you for the initiative! :)

traja7

Post#418 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:20 pm

R3xz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm Interesting project, I'm glad someone went out and finally brought some data into the discussion. I would urge you to continue collecting data though, throughout the different timezones too if you are able, the more samples there are, the more concrete the data will be. I commend you for the initiative! :)
Thank you. The time zones covered are quite wide but it is missing early morning hours in Europe. I intend to continue at least for a while since variance between different RVR battles is huge.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#419 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Telen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm Its almost as if players will go for the overpowered classes.
No no no DeStRO iS JuSt MoRe SkiLlEd

Foofmonger

Post#420 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 pm

Rubius wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Yea that's an interesting data trend. Destro has a much more balanced spread of classes than Order, who are super weighted towards a few classes but not the full roster. Seems to agree with most of the theories being proposed here in this thread.