MMR and other restrictions are too tight for Solo Ranked

Let's talk about... everything else
blondgelockt
Suspended

Re: MMR and other restrictions are too tight for Solo Ranked

Post#11 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:16 pm What? The solo ranked scenarios are by far the most balanced thing in this whole game. No premade vs pugs, minimum equipment requirements, balanced class distribution...
Technically true, but it just reveals the imbalanced nature between classes, gear and factions this game suffers from all the more by removing the other imbalanced parts.

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:08 pm

I would say its pretty balanced, the only downside is waiting ridiculous amount of time to queue, this should be changed there are not enough players to implement such strict restrictions.

Shadowgurke

Post#13 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:17 pm

I play tank on order and destro, both at ~1800 mmr. A few observations from the games I had:

I love solo ranked, the games are fun. But I also believe that a lot of incentive (Read: participation) comes from gear and currently the rewards could be pushed a little further (weapons, jewelry). The prices seem fair for high queue frequency, but with 1 game every hour or 2 you wont get any. But ignoring the reward part for now:

Callibration matches are too important. The top ranked players have 1800 MMR, a win at 1500 gives you almost 100 MMR. This makes the first few games highly volatile, get carried hard and you are high rank instantly, lose a game because your tank is a focused offense kobs and you get paired with less than stellar players immediately. My solution would be to reduce the amount of MMR gained by callibration.

I also agree with the notion that the MMR restrictions are too big. In a perfect world this would lead to better match quality and fairer games, in reality it means queue times are absurdly high on both factions. So high that throwing games on purpose in order to stay at ~1500 is probably the "optimal" way to play in order to get matches and even gives you faster medals.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Shadowgurke wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:17 pm I play tank on order and destro, both at ~1800 mmr. A few observations from the games I had:

I love solo ranked, the games are fun. But I also believe that a lot of incentive (Read: participation) comes from gear and currently the rewards could be pushed a little further (weapons, jewelry). The prices seem fair for high queue frequency, but with 1 game every hour or 2 you wont get any. But ignoring the reward part for now:

Callibration matches are too important. The top ranked players have 1800 MMR, a win at 1500 gives you almost 100 MMR. This makes the first few games highly volatile, get carried hard and you are high rank instantly, lose a game because your tank is a focused offense kobs and you get paired with less than stellar players immediately. My solution would be to reduce the amount of MMR gained by callibration.

I also agree with the notion that the MMR restrictions are too big. In a perfect world this would lead to better match quality and fairer games, in reality it means queue times are absurdly high on both factions. So high that throwing games on purpose in order to stay at ~1500 is probably the "optimal" way to play in order to get matches and even gives you faster medals.
If you didn't play 10 games at least your mmr, isn't your real mmr yet, as you can see it won't be posted on leaderboards.
After every win you get less MMR in calibration so that is understandable that's how it works in every game, and you lose more too.
But the mmr strict system is bad, even at 1500 you still wait very long time to get a match 30 mins -1hour, so even by being that at the middle it still doesn't matter.
Obviously top mmr players will wait much longer, but we don't have the numbers, at 1700 1800 u can literally wait all day long.

Telen
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:27 pm

I really dont like that it shows mmr rating in every scenario. Theres players with 1100 mmr. Its just shaming to polish the ego of a few.

Akalukz

Post#16 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm

maybe they should take a look at when Anni/Conq gear and tokens become available. If you want CR40/45 players to get into conq when they hit CR40, then lower the costs significantly or increase the drop rates by multiples of 5. So, for instance, a RR60 player gets 15 vanq for a zone flip, multiply that by 5 (which is what it is worth) for conq players etc etc. Get people in competitive gear faster is the answer. As stated the gap from Conq to Sov is huge. So get people through the lower ranks faster.
-= Agony =-

arnagob

Post#17 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Imagine playing only 4 games on your engie, won all (sadly) get 1k9+ mmr and never get pop again :lol:
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

oddlax

Post#18 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:57 pm

arnagob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:42 pm Imagine playing only 4 games on your engie, won all (sadly) get 1k9+ mmr and never get pop again :lol:
This is the sort of stuff I'm talking about

Ads