Recent Topics

Ads

Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Post#131 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:45 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Akilinus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 pm You can fix the balance problem yourself by making sure you are in a group before you go into a city.
That does not fix the issue with a group of 24 vs a non group of 24. Anything you say, will not make people think otherwise. The fact ranked SC's are locked to perfect groups, but city can't be made to have even groups fight each other is very telling.
Yes, ranked is available 24/7 while cities are an infrequent event at random times and the devs want as many people to get in as possible. There's already an issue of people not getting in to a city when queued, why make it worse by having 2 unbalanced queues where people don't get in even though between the queues there was enough people to start an instance?

Not that I have an agenda or anything, but I think this would be a step in the right direction: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38668
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Sulorie

Post#132 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:54 pm

We see in ranked queue how "well" it works with queue times and such. And you want city siege with the same waiting mode only to get slightly more balance? Breaking news, it doesn't work too well for ranked either.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#133 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:54 pm We see in ranked queue how "well" it works with queue times and such. And you want city siege with the same waiting mode only to get slightly more balance? Breaking news, it doesn't work too well for ranked either.
Believe it or not, destro are used to waiting for up to half an hour for a city to pop anyway. People start getting worried when there's only 10 minutes of queue time. And yes, I'd much rather have a slight delay for better fights. It wouldn't change the overall time for the city period (I believe it's 2 hours max) as the instances would still be starting within the standard 30 minute time limit. I'd also be happier with the matchmaker for cities not being so eager to match premades vs pugs in IC1/2/3 and waiting a bit to see if more premades queue up.

Destro player wanting better cities shocker.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sogeou

Post#134 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:54 pm We see in ranked queue how "well" it works with queue times and such. And you want city siege with the same waiting mode only to get slightly more balance? Breaking news, it doesn't work too well for ranked either.
I don't think it should be like ranked, but groups groups joining in as 24 should be put vs 24's only. That should be the first change and see how things go from there. No reason top groups should fight anyone else but each other.

Draugris

Post#135 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:57 am

Omegus wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:46 pm We all know why - there's generally more destro queueing for city than there is order and forming 24-man WBs gives you a higher chance of getting in as 24-man WBs are given priority. Doesn't matter if it's 24 people in a perfect premade or 24 random shitters, the chances of getting in are the same. This has been happening since week 1 of cities when destro tried to solo queue and didn't get into the siege (and then raged).
The more interesting question is why Destro is more queuing, is it because the population numbers are higher and if so why is one side so much more appealing. The problems we see in the cities, but not only there, are only a symptom of something that is very very wrong on this server and not only since yesterday. Explanations of this are all over the place here by far more knowledgeable people than I am. I play on both sides and the difference is day and night, especially in scenarios aka instanced content.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

catholicism198

Post#136 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:51 am

Not going to happen.
Premades need pugs to farm to widen the gear gap and discourage casuals and new comers from playing the game.