WBs not getting city pops

Let's talk about... everything else
nat3s

WBs not getting city pops

Post#1 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 am

This is getting daft, devs check my char, you'll see ive not received a city queue pop in my last 7 attempts now. Today same deal, full 24 man WB queued from the very start and no pop:

https://imgur.com/a/e80eGs6

That's a **** ton of effort to form up organised warbands for absolutely no reward, ive sat on 34 sov for 2 months now. Add in the chance of cities reduces greatly as pop increases and being a prime time EU player, i see maybe 1 city a week at best only to be queue blocked. HUGELY frustrating.

The system is broken. We need empty instances like live OR the queue needs to just feed solo queuers into the last few instances if there are warbands queuing on the opposite side.

There is 1 plus point, at least this will help drop the pop down to <1k again so we see more reliable forts/cities.
Last edited by nat3s on Sat May 09, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
geezereur

Re: WBs not getting city pops

Post#2 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 am

It kinda sucks atm on destro side atleast.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:48 am

IDK i think its pretty dumb our order WB couldnt get a second pop after winning with the queues still up. That sounds like a more important fix to me.
<Montague><Capulet>

nat3s

Post#4 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:56 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:48 am IDK i think its pretty dumb our order WB couldnt get a second pop after winning with the queues still up. That sounds like a more important fix to me.

Funnily enough we saw an order win with like 2 mins left on queue just now and we were preying they would re-queue so we'd at least get some sov medals... Didn't realise you couldn't re-queue.

I'd like to understand the queue logic, we queued just a few seconds after queue opened. It was a pug warband, but semi organised, all on Discord etc. I reckon the queue system actively prejudices against pug warbands, giving guilds priority.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Gratka

Post#5 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:11 am

You play on overpopulated side. When it's 2-1 in population some of you zergers won't get pop and that's totally normal. Order gets pop everytime. Solution is very easy

nat3s

Post#6 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:38 am

Gratka wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:11 am You play on overpopulated side. When it's 2-1 in population some of you zergers won't get pop and that's totally normal. Order gets pop everytime. Solution is very easy

I'm no zerger, i organise warbands and was until recently a member of an organised guild warband for PNP. I no longer play with a competitive guild due to real life commitments, but i still run organised warbands for cities and was in a full WB and sitting on Discord comms queued from the start. The problem is it isn't just "zergers" and "puggers" that are missing out on queues, it's organised warbands too, including top guilds.

With respect to your second point, Google James Ohlen and Greg Street stand up, they were the lead designers for WoW and SWTOR. Appreciate these MMOs may not be to your tastes (or mine), but they know game design. They make the point that:

1. You cannot force people into things, they just leave instead.
2. So you design to what players want, cater to all playstyles.

The point im making is you're inferring that the 2-1 pop is somehow destro's fault, despite having personally played here for almost 4 years as purely destro through times when order completely outnumbered us, you think a valid design is to to try to "force" me to switch to order. That won't work, i'll just stop playing for a bit.

Is it good game design for destro players to stop playing? It could be, but you may have noticed that during EU prime time it's actually order that has the overpop, destro overpop tends to occur late EU prime as US prime starts. So the issue is timezone dependent...

It's a lot more complicated than I think you have the capacity to discern fella.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Omegus

Post#7 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:56 am

nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 amWe need empty instances like live OR the queue needs to just feed solo queuers into the last few instances if there are warbands queuing on the opposite side.
It does. The issue is that all of those order soloers have already been funnelled into matches and there is literally nobody left to match you against.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

wraithghost

Post#8 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:58 am

Would love to see the stats on pop and on pushes to cities etc.

From what I have seen this last week Order has had at least 50-100 lower pop than Destro at near enough all times and every city has been Aldorf.

That is just when I have been on, even if as Order we are all apparently all noobs, have no skill and play all the wrong classes people don't like to constantly lose, a win every so often helps raise the spirits.

I have no idea how to lure people to Order but at some point the imbalance will tip too far which no one wants to see.

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#9 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:58 am

That sucks for anyone missing, but the way it is now Destro simply has an advantage in City due to how they work, so it's not a surprise City loggers are going Destro for the higher chance of winning. Until the balance is worked on, you'll probably miss out on more. That's not great for anyone, just saying there might be an underlying reason why I get a pop 5 secs after the queue starts by solo queue in a game that favors group-oriented play.

Omegus

Post#10 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:59 am

With respect to your second point, Google James Ohlen and Greg Street stand up, they were the lead designers for WoW and SWTOR. Appreciate these MMOs may not be to your tastes (or mine), but they know game design. They make the point that:

1. You cannot force people into things, they just leave instead.
2. So you design to what players want, cater to all playstyles.
Except, they were designing games to appeal to as many people as possible to make as much money as possible from "causal" players. This project is reviving a niche dead game for its niche audience and has a game design that is deliberately supposed to be different to most MMOs by having competitive PVP at its core.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot