Recent Topics

Ads

WBs not getting city pops

Let's talk about... everything else
wraithghost

Re: WBs not getting city pops

Post#41 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Nekkma wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm You miss the point. The point is that myself and many others think that city is terrible gameplay and only do it for gear. Destro cannot join, order pugs get stomped. Bad experience all around. Players get upset by said terrible experience because you are forced to do it to be competitive.

If content cannot stand on its own without rewards then the content is not good enough. I have not had a singel interesting city fight, it is stomp or be stomped. Meanwhile, I continue to do scenarios and roam in rvr, even though I need nothing from it, because it is fun.
Agree completely.

Ads
Omegus

Post#42 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 amWith respect to the post above that order solo queues do fill instances, that's actually not how it works currently. It currently takes a warband of 12 or more to open a city instance. You could have 50 order solo queued, but if there is no 12+ man warband, none of those players will see a pop.
I was under the impression the 12+ WB came from the destro side. Do both sides need to have at least a 12-man WB? If so that seems a little... weird. I'll be nice and say weird.
Nekkma wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm If content cannot stand on its own without rewards then the content is not good enough. I have not had a singel interesting city fight, it is stomp or be stomped. Meanwhile, I continue to do scenarios and roam in rvr, even though I need nothing from it, because it is fun.
That's a shame, as while I had 24v24 being the end of an rvr campaign, the fights against some of the good order premades have been some of the best fights I've had in ROR. And that includes the times where we got surprised and stomped by a new tactic and had to spend time afterwards working out how to beat it. I can imagine it's pretty **** not having a regular group of competitive people to do cities with would make it far less appealing though (that was a general comment, not aimed at you directly!).

I personally don't like scenarios and as a Zealot solo roaming is impossible. 6-mans usually turn into ganking soloers or getting run over by WBs with not enough good fights in between to sustain my interest.
Last edited by Omegus on Sat May 09, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

jokerspsycho

Post#43 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm
nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 amWith respect to the post above that order solo queues do fill instances, that's actually not how it works currently. It currently takes a warband of 12 or more to open a city instance. You could have 50 order solo queued, but if there is no 12+ man warband, none of those players will see a pop.
I was under the impression the 12+ WB came from the destro side. Do both sides need to have at least a 12-man WB? If so that seems a little... weird. I'll be nice and say weird.
Is this suggesting that 12 man can only face a 12 man and then the other spots filled? Wouodnt make any sense (speaking about the post you're quoting) is there any order that DOESNT get a Q pop when they Q? Solo or group.

sogeou

Post#44 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:46 pm

Destro do the math, 400 order in Q for city 700 destro in Q for city. You guys might think about changing sides lol. You won't be able to get into a city with 200+ more people trying to get into the city.

nat3s

Post#45 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Maybe it needs to be like live then where you didnt need cities to earn sov.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Nekkma

Post#46 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm That's a shame, as while I had 24v24 being the end of an rvr campaign, the fights against some of the good order premades have been some of the best fights I've had in ROR. And that includes the times where we got surprised and stomped by a new tactic and had to spend time afterwards working out how to beat it. I can imagine it's pretty **** not having a regular group of competitive people to do cities with would make it far less appealing though (that was a general comment, not aimed at you directly!).

I personally don't like scenarios and as a Zealot solo roaming is impossible. 6-mans usually turn into ganking soloers or getting run over by WBs with not enough good fights in between to sustain my interest.
Yeah, I’m not saying it is bad content period. I just think that if you allowed royals to drop from players, fort reward royals as standard when you have inv unlock, you could easily have a premade que. Making city really be a good experience for the wb guilds. As long as it is so heavily tied to the rewards players will just take the path of least resistance to get it. It becomes a city farm instead of something fun for alot of players. Just look at the amount of frustration showing in the mega thread and that is completely city related.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

M0rw47h

Post#47 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:11 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:53 pm Maybe it needs to be like live then where you didnt need cities to earn sov.
You don't need to do cities to earn sov, just get 419 purple and gold bags after completing invader from zone locks.

boomcat
Suspended

Post#48 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:14 pm

if your logging destro for city and dont get in due to overpop its just sad for you. and i dont care.. stop crying and play most overpop realm.. and you can get in.. i tryed my order today in city. went solo. instant pop.. yup we lost. but 3 invaders + massive bag is better then sit with no pop as destro
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
Omegus

Post#49 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:53 pm Maybe it needs to be like live then where you didnt need cities to earn sov.
So then it becomes a fight of who can queue the latest, or leaving instances to rejoin later ones with less population, and doing whatever else is possible to avoid having to fight for sov. Empty instances on live were an absolute debacle and I'm glad the devs here haven't gone down the same route.

A tiny consolation rewards for those who queued but didn't get in? Maybe. And I mean like 1 crest. But please god not empty instances.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

nat3s

Post#50 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pm

boomcat wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:14 pm if your logging destro for city and dont get in due to overpop its just sad for you. and i dont care.. stop crying and play most overpop realm.. and you can get in.. i tryed my order today in city. went solo. instant pop.. yup we lost. but 3 invaders + massive bag is better then sit with no pop as destro

Just to clarify again... ive main'd destro for almost 4 years. I did not realm hop this morning, ive played destro when order had a massive overpop pre cities. I'm one of a select few that believe in realm pride.

So much strawmanning, it's really not helpful.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG