Recent Topics

Ads

The Great Healer Debate - Armor vs. Wounds

Let's talk about... everything else
Nosun

Re: The Great Healer Debate - Armor vs. Wounds

Post#111 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:51 pm

On my healers I take all futile strikes and I don't know really which is better but I stack wounds talismans for simple fact that they are much cheaper than high end armor talismans.

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#112 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Yeah it's mainly the freaking costs that make me think about alternatives. Well costs and also the fact that hoarding armour to obscene level (4500+) just doesn't seem like the most effective use of our stats, even with armour penetration and armour debuffs...
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Kobra
Suspended

Post#113 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Also, I want to stress that for healers, Nerfed Buttons are really really important.

Many WL's use Nerfed Buttons so they can smack 2 buttons 3 times each and kill you. As a healer, you won't have time to counter them unless you also use nerfed buttons.

For example you can tie in Shield, Shrug it off, and Do Sumfin useful into a single button you smack 3 times really rapidly to impact the full set of those. Or you can tie your HOTS into a single button and layer them on yourself with a quick click.

Survivability against outrageous burst classes entail;

1) Shielding yourself (stop the damage incoming - briefly)
2) Detaunt them (reduce damage)
3) Hot yourself (get your negative damage ticks rolling in)

From there you can manage your resources, conduct AP drains, crowd control, etc. But tying all of the important things into nerfed buttons is going to be a game changer. It's a 'fair' counter to WL's using Nerfed Buttons and falling onto their keyboards.

p00ky

Post#114 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:39 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:14 pm
Toggle wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:59 pmHow would a zealot go about stacking toughness?
Badly :(. A Shaman (or something with Shammy) support might do better thanks to Do Something Useful. It's a shame as toughness is a great stat to combine with absorb shields as the toughness reduction applies before damage absorbed calculation.
Hi there Omegus, just read through most of your posts and I found it all very interesting. As a shammy, ive been debating since hitting lvl 40 to go armour/wounds or toughness myself.

Im currently debating if to go 4 pieces invader /2 vanq and sacrifice the +68 wounds for the +80 toughness and stack a mix of wounds/toughness on the talis now or if sacrificing 68 wounds is just plain suicide and stick to the 3vanq/3invader.

Could you update with your thoughts on a main toughness focus as well?

Thanks for all your feedback on this matter,

Regards

Omegus

Post#115 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:19 pm

p00ky wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:39 amHi there Omegus, just read through most of your posts and I found it all very interesting. As a shammy, ive been debating since hitting lvl 40 to go armour/wounds or toughness myself.

Im currently debating if to go 4 pieces invader /2 vanq and sacrifice the +68 wounds for the +80 toughness and stack a mix of wounds/toughness on the talis now or if sacrificing 68 wounds is just plain suicide and stick to the 3vanq/3invader.

Could you update with your thoughts on a main toughness focus as well?

Thanks for all your feedback on this matter,

Regards
Sorry I completely forgot to reply back to this. The probblem with assessing toughness is that it varies from ability to ability. Abilities that get high contribution from strength/intel/ballistic ("primary stat") are also highly mitigated by toughness. However, for shitty DoTs that typically have have a very low bonus from the primary stat then your toughness does little.

It's an area I haven't explored in too much detail as I play a Zealot which has a hard time stacking toughness. I would honestly explore it more if I was a Shaman as the toughness bonus you can get from Do Something Useful is fantastic. It won't stack with potions and other ability buffs but it's so high it doesn't need to (looking at the career builder, with 13 points in the tree it should be a bonus of 228 toughness). Combine it with 8 +24s and you're at 420 toughness.

Seeing as Shamans are likely being hit by single target melee abilities toughness *could* be a viable option to let you tank the damage and stay alive for longer. If I were you I'd have to test it to make sure it made a meaningful impact in reality.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot