Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked (once again)

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: Ranked (once again)

Post#11 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:13 pm 1. 11 of the top 25 MMR players are order. MMR system doesn't make much sense but "much easier to win" on destruction is bs.
There's a lot of people we don't see on the scoreboard due to weekly matches requirement though
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Dackle

Post#12 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:13 pm
hurycanlol wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:51 pm No its terribly bad, because its full random again, a lot unfair match.
Everyone is trying to go destru for tag because it's much easier to win, ranked will never work on warhammer ror, there are too many xrealm
1. 11 of the top 25 MMR players are order. MMR system doesn't make much sense but "much easier to win" on destruction is bs.
2. "there are too many xrealm" - LoL...I've heard it all now. Xrealming ruined ranked.
You of all people talking about cross-realming. P L E A S E. Some people actually know you. You just couldn't help yourself could you?

Tankbeardz

Post#13 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Grock wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:13 pm 1. 11 of the top 25 MMR players are order. MMR system doesn't make much sense but "much easier to win" on destruction is bs.
There's a lot of people we don't see on the scoreboard due to weekly matches requirement though
Same goes for both sides.

Lolfatalstorm

Post#14 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:55 pm

It's pretty simple, u can't call it ranked and put mmr ladderboard in a system which is actually a random matchmaking, it doesnt exist.

Pb is that mmr matchaking would require a LOT more ppl to tag it, which is highly unlikely to happen cause most of ror pop doesnt have any interest in competitiv 6man soloq. Even with some bis reward in it it's very unlikely we get enough ppl for a real soloq ranked.
Btw if u put bis reward in a random matchmaking system (like new jewel set/weapons), ppl will definitely stack on the side which is winning more to farm it faster and it will kill even this system.

Unbalanced matchmaking is one of the reason some ppl stop taging on order, when you're 1k7+ getting a team of 1k3 vs full destro 1k7 it isnt very encouraging to tag, and that's what's happening since change back. The same happen on destro to but way rarely as destro tend to have better average players it seems in ranked.

There is the problem of gear disparity too, maybe making ranked balanced on gear could be an improvement for ppl who fear to tag with low gear against full gear. Some special ranked gear, like idk vanquisher level for exemple, usable only in ranked or that kind of idea to get ppl on par in stuff. Cause usually in other games with ranked ppl are fighting on par so it could maybe improve soloq experience for ppl discouraged by gear gap.

Also for our current pop there is still adjustement to do maybe in the gain/loss of mmr in placement matches, it spread ppl to fast at both extremes of the ladder i think it would need to be reduce to be more adapted to ror pop.

ps: sorry for bad englando

xarax

Post#15 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:55 pm

there is always much more destro in queue than order
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Tankbeardz

Post#16 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Dackle wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:36 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:13 pm
hurycanlol wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:51 pm No its terribly bad, because its full random again, a lot unfair match.
Everyone is trying to go destru for tag because it's much easier to win, ranked will never work on warhammer ror, there are too many xrealm
1. 11 of the top 25 MMR players are order. MMR system doesn't make much sense but "much easier to win" on destruction is bs.
2. "there are too many xrealm" - LoL...I've heard it all now. Xrealming ruined ranked.
You of all people talking about cross-realming. P L E A S E. Some people actually know you. You just couldn't help yourself could you?
I think you missed the sarcasm in point too. Please re-read.

Grock

Post#17 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm
Well yes, but first week there was like 90 destro 10 order in top100, with 80 order 20 destro in bottom100
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Tankbeardz

Post#18 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Grock wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm
Well yes, but first week there was like 90 destro 10 order in top100, with 80 order 20 destro in bottom100
That was because there were more skilled destro queuein at the time...when some skilled players switched to order it evened out quite a bit. Thats kind of an issue with the system as well...the first 10-20 games are too great of an impact on your MMR which could easily impact the entire season.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#19 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 pm Open to more suggestions. :)
I think a change that would open the game mode to more players would be to allow triumph gear (helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, belt, feet) to unlock a tok and allow that unlock to let players recieve royals in gold bags, city, etc.

Atm, for me, it is mainly a waste of time to do 6v6 unless I'm just doing it for fun, if I havnt unlocked my invader tok. I think allowing players to Q for 6v6, get a tok, and unlock royals that way, it would increase the population. Adding to that, allowing players to purchase dyes, mounts, talismans, stuff like that, i feel would bring in more as well.

Edit: I also think that inspecting a players gear should be AUTO disabled in 6v6. players already use someone undergeared as an excuse to quit early. If u wanna flame half way through bc of damage or whatever GMs cant stop you. But to start flaming before the gates have opened and to demoralize your team and that player will make people less likely to try and less likely to come back to the game mode.