lyncher12

Re: Guilds running 12 or18man warbands

Post#11 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:31 pm

you can queue at any time on order and get a pop so why wouldnt you

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#12 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:37 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm I still wish I had been able to queue with the same 23 other players just twice. You might speculate why Order guilds are queueing with 2-3 guild groups and not filling, more often than not because the expectations better match the result. sure you might get puggies and unstable 2-2-2 in the last group(s) but atleast you can out perform the puggies and get bags instead of spending 20minuts trying to dig up quality 2-2-2 players on the few classes attractive, just like the rest of the 5+ warband builders all searching for the same thing
Yeah, playing six man is raining gold bags.

Schett

Post#13 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:04 pm

I feel like its complete random, we always queue as 24man and queue instantly and it's so often we face 24 players that solo queue or a random 6/12man. And even tho we instant queue you can wait for 10min or more for a pop and still face solo que players. The odds for us to actually face a premade is so small no matter if we instant queue or wait to queue
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

TreefAM

Post#14 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 pm

It's super random, I usually lead 12mans for city and we get everything from super pug with 16dps, over solo quers with a solid 6man core to full guild warbands.
Similar stuff used to also happen back when we were able to field at least 3 groups and fill the rest with people that we could trust.

Brew

Post#15 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:50 am

12 or 18 mans do not dodge premade 24s. Its random. No decent groups are trying to dodge. If a group is trying to dodge by queuing with a certain group size or try to queue late they're probably not worth their weight in Salt.
<Art Supplies>

Starx

Post#16 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:43 am

As someone who's probably only a week away from finishing 2 full sets of sov here are my observations.

There is a huge difference between destro and order, order is FILLED probably over 50% with solo que pugs. This is probably due to the fact that on top of having less organized groups order has extreme polarity when it comes to class balance. While you have OP monsters like slayer/BW you have absolute bottom of the barrel dogshit like SW and engineer that aren't getting group invites outside of exceptional players in established guilds. This has lead to a constant lack of order players that actually stay on order for city, and means that you can que virtually any # of players at any time and get a pop.

HOWEVER it is very dangerous to que up as less than 24 on order because of the reasons mentioned above, you will most likely get solo que garbage DPS and when I explain how things are on destro it should be apparent why that's especially bad for order.

Because getting ques are harder on destro, solo que is a real gamble the few times I did it took over 20 minutes to get a pop. Everyone on destro basically gets into 6/12/18 or full warbands and ques to increase their chance of getting a pop. Destro doesn't have as many dumpster classes as order, we just have a few magus/WE... no army of DPS Shamans... MSH is amazing etc....

This means that you can actually que as not 24 on destro and 9 times out of 10 your fill groups are gonna be premades as well and not solo que pugs.

As far as mechanics for the que system go. I don't believe that there is any kind of priority given to people who que first. I have on many occasions been in contact with other 12 mans or warbands that I know for a 100% fact qued after our group of the same exact size and got a pop before we did.

But because the que system does not wait AT ALL to intelligently match groups there is a distinct advantage, at least on destro to que within the first second of city opening. During that opening phase queing at 0.8 secs might get you an insta pop and advantage over the wb that qued at 1.5 secs etc... not because you had priority but because you were the only group in que for half a sec.

Also I don't think the que system favors full warbands. It's just that full warbands will seem to get better pops because 24 mans do not need fill groups and aren't reliant on anything but the opposing faction. If you are in a 12 man, you need 2 six mans, 12 solo ques etc... you can meet up with an 18 man... you get the idea.

empmoz

Post#17 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 am

Maybe the guild only has 12-18 ppl available?

wonshot

Post#18 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 am

empmoz wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 am Maybe the guild only has 12-18 ppl available?
I cant speak for all guilds on Order. But the trend lately have been that most guilds in our alliance have started bleeding members going to Destroside to main their chars there, as a result of how limmited the Order viable class pool is. Sure its only a few people but when most guilds struggle already to break the 3fullgroup curse each lost member really hurts. compared to destro guilds with overflow warbands and heathy rosters
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Tamtam

Post#19 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:01 pm

I have the impression the algorythm tries to match full wbs first and, if a full wb is not available on one side, it takes whatever it is on the list starting from most populated wbs filling gaps with 6 mans and solo.

Omegus

Post#20 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 pm

adamthelc wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 pmI have queued as a 6 or 12 only to get an instance with 2 full groups of Witch Elves who queued together. I guess they were trying to make some statement about how no one wanted them and thats the only way they could do city... Whatever.
When the WLs did that they changed the meta :P
Last edited by Omegus on Tue May 19, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot