Recent Topics

Ads

GIv stuff

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: GIv stuff

Post#11 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:21 pm Join themed warbands and have fun in the game.
We do Snipersquads, Swordsmen Warbands, Dwarf Warbands and even WH Patrols and Elf Hunting groups.

We did that when Troll country was the endgame. When High Pass was endgame and when we were at Martyrs Square for the first time.

Because Gear Grind can draw you out. Allways pushing for the next meta build can get stale. Play for fun. FEEL the warhammer. :)

Oh, so you're the one responsible for those 3-6 man Witch Hunter bands I've seen about recently. And here I thought it was just a bunch of noob Witch Hunters covering up each others inadequacies in solo encounters. You learn something new every day! :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#12 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:03 pm
Glorian wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:21 pm Join themed warbands and have fun in the game.
We do Snipersquads, Swordsmen Warbands, Dwarf Warbands and even WH Patrols and Elf Hunting groups.

We did that when Troll country was the endgame. When High Pass was endgame and when we were at Martyrs Square for the first time.

Because Gear Grind can draw you out. Allways pushing for the next meta build can get stale. Play for fun. FEEL the warhammer. :)

Oh, so you're the one responsible for those 3-6 man Witch Hunter bands I've seen about recently. And here I thought it was just a bunch of noob Witch Hunters covering up each others inadequacies in solo encounters. You learn something new every day! :P
U talking about all the WH in zaxxed that group? We chill in disc and gank people cause it's fun for us to pop out and murder people. And m4 bombing keep pushes is really fun. Also will jump 6 man groups if the opportunity presents itself, thought that can obviously be a bit more difficult if they are aware bc triple pot, second healer, rez, etc. Have done it a few times tho and man is it sweet when it happens.

Glorian

Post#13 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Yes. The Above post should be the WH group.

Averland did the WH group something like a year ago. And yes. 3 low gear WH could take down a healer and maybe then get the rest. And most fun was WH vs WE. Something like an U-Boat war. Who stealthes first gets it most of the time if the other one sees it.

toffikx

Post#14 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Sistermary wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm Hey Guys we are losing people at a rapid rate just like any game.

There was less than 700 people online when I logged in today, made me kind of sad.

What about throwing out a DBL xp weekend for Memorial day this weekend? I know that is a US holiday, but it is
as good of a reason as any.
Maybe it’s a combination of different things, like quarantine measures eased (in some places), a lot of people that watched the lazypeon video quitting, boring grind.

For the best gear you have to either try to get in for fort fun time (flag-mania and 30 min pvedoor-funnel stimulator) or cities. The first one is extremly time consuming (in the sense that you need to farm for reservation, then do the fort itself) , the other is spontaneous and often occurs at uncomfortable hours, for us euros atleast.

A lot of people i know (me included) have either quit the game or just log in sporadically to play together. I would say the biggest strenght of Warhammer PvP is roaming (fights in the lakes) and scenarios (when there is an even matchup). Right now the endgame grind does not favour those options, but is heavily centered around forts (which is a waste of time for me) and cities (which i rarely get into, the fun factor is ok-ish when the teams are even).

The server has a lot of die-hard, loyal fans that consider Warhammer Online THE game and will continue playing no matter what. So the thought of RoR going down because <my idea didn’t get implemented> is rather unlikely.

The devs (atleast the way i understand it) are against introducing inv/sov from rvr and scenarios. Yea, the bags are there and some rewards for defence, but it isn’t enough (imo).

So i guess that’s one of the reasons for a declining pop, people not liking the endgame grind.

StaH84

Post#15 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Jesus... Right now is 1800 ppl Online, a year or year and a half was 1000 tops. Yeah, population os dropping.

Mamy people from peak 3000 was just checking the game, its normal the population will drop and stabilize at some level. Still plenty od players to kill.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

carthagerising

Post#16 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:18 am

It would seem many are getting slightly tired of the nothing but sieges nature of the game right now.

Im not exactly sure why but a few months back you would often get a lot of battles out in the zone before one side got their **** together and pushed for the siege. These days people just kinda head to the keep and its one siege after the other. I dont mind sieges personally but one of the best aspects of the game to me was always the big battles which with the numbers we have now should be quite epic. but they dont happen and I would imagine a fair few people get sick of looking at a keep wall over and over again.

Surely it is time to stop letting people spawn inside keeps when they die and its under siege to force more fluid action to take place in the zones rather than the rather static meta we have going on now.

also agreed with previous posters about the lockdowns, people are gonna be keen to get outside and it is summer for many so thats gonna hit the numbers. but the op is right to raise this topic, even if the answer is not yet another x2 event, the game needs to adapt to keep its player base engaged.

Akalukz

Post#17 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Characger advancement is too slow once you hit LVL 40. Need to speed up conq / vanq and even invader. People are grinding out conq medallions while fighting people in full sov. You can say waht you want, but with the Renown abilities bonuses and the gear is a huge gap from say 40 till full Vanq if not full invader. Take a look sometime at what people are wearing. Most new players are running around in annihilator or conq gear. Speed up the gear progression. I can't remember the last time I was on when a fort was happening, let alone be on long enough to farm a reservation. Maybe tie medalions/emblem to unlocks. Unlock anni ok start earning conq.. unlock vanq start getting invader. At a minimum you should be able to get to a top 3 set fairly quick. Totally understand keeping the top 2 sets "hard" to get.

EDIT:

Also may look at how scenarios are working. Possibly make 16-31 and make mid-tier 32-40/RR49. The constant pairing of pugs vs premade is insane. maybe make 2-3 solo scenarios instead of just 1. IF i solo queue all the vast majority of the time I go into a regular queue vs a premade.
-= Agony =-