Recent Topics

Ads

Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

poisonedshotz
Posts: 27

Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#1 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:45 pm

And its not even close

1. RoF/detonate 50% radius increase (BW) vs surging pain/infernal wave 33% radius/range increase (Sorc)

For those who forgot elementary school math, increasing radius by a factor increases the area by the factor squared. With this tactic, RoF get 125% more area than PoS
Sorc has an non-equivalent tactic that increases the radius of surging pain by 33% and distance of infernal wave by 33%. The area of surging pain (circular) is increased by about 77% while the aoe of infernal wave is increased by 33%. Infernal wave doesn't benefit from being able to clear behind walls, so the range increase is really only useful in open areas.
The massive size of RoF allows BW to easily clear funnels behind any doorway due to the massive radius when compared to Sorc PoS. If you play both sides you'll notice how easily RoF can deter players from trying to funnel, while how easy it is to move out of a PoS.
With this tactic, RoF get 125% more area than PoS.


2. Backdraft skill (BW) vs triumphant blasting tactic (Sorc) are the equivalents? that give knockback

Triumphant blasting is very useful for forts and funnel defense to punt people away, but straight up useless for attacking a keep or open RvR because giving free immunity is bad. Also it costs a tactic slot so you would never run it unless you knew you had to defend a keep.
Backdraft is a nice skill that BWs can use to kite melee, WITHOUT HAVING TO SACRIFICE A TACTIC SLOT.

3. Flashfire tactic (BW) vs ... Infernal Gift (Sorc) maybe?
Flashfire allows BW to insta-cast their 3s cast time infernal blast instantly, every 6 seconds because if you're spamming aoe on a group disrupts are guranteed.
Sorcs shattered shadows doesn't get a free insta-cast and is pretty much unusable because if you lose line of sight, or the target moves too far away, or the target dies, the skill will never actually go off.
Infernal gift gives 10% damage to group with pretty good uptime, but even as a group buff the burst potential of flashfire is better.


4. 10s Armor buff (BW) vs 20s Resistances buff (Sorc)
This one is a joke. Armor one of the most valuable stats for casters as their base armor is low. Resistances are easily capped by other buffs. People run armor pots over resistance pots for a reason.

5. Funnel Power (BW) vs more single target burst skill (Sorc)
Funnel power is a great buff that adds damage to AoE skills with minimal drawback. Both BW and Sorcs already get dot healed by their healers all the time, a tiny bit of self-damage isn't going to do ****.
Sorcs have better single target burst, thats nice but large scale is focused on AoE

6. Cauterize (BW) vs Obsessive focus (Sorc)
Cauterize cleanses hex/curse/ailment from self on a 10s cooldown, this skill should only be on healers...
Obsessive focus is useless, sorcs are better off using another damaging skill instead of wasting a global cooldown

7. Heal debuff and Ranged knockdown (BW) vs laser and 600 hp/15 second heal (Sorc)
Wasn't going to talk about the mid tree seeing as this post is about large scale combat, but BW has far better utility for single target builds.
The Sorc laser is usable as a skill in a single target rotation, but thats about it.

Just because Destro might have better melee aoe classes, doesn't mean BW should be >>>>>> Sorc. Instead, nerf both destro melee and BW. If anyone one has any real arguments as to how Sorc could be than BW, please share them.

Ads
raistomen
Posts: 73

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#2 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm

maybe offer suggestions

Foofmonger
Posts: 298

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#3 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 pm

The only thing that's bothered me since 2008 is whoever thought giving the highest RDPS class in the game a heal debuff and ranged knockdown had brain damage. I hope losing their job and watching the game they worked on fail and die brought some self awareness to them.

I don't really care anymore, and the devs have done some good balance work on this server, but the initial design of the BW was some overpowered garbage. Let's give damage and CC and a heal debuff all to the same class! God I remember how bad Engie's were at launch. I firmly believed that the Engie should have always had the heal debuff and the ranged KD and not the BW, but like I said, I don't really care these days. Just always seemed odd to me that on Order, they put the utility on the damage focused RDPS. I always liked the way they balanced the Sorc, and I've always found the Sorc to be much more balanced and thematic to what the role "should be" (a damage caster who is focused on damage and has low amounts of CC and utility), rather than the BW who was more (you get everything in one class!).

Magus/Engie should have had the lions share of CC for RDPS. Shoulda kept ranged heal debuffs to SW/SH and a single ranged Healer (AM/Sham) (for ranged heal debuffs). Would have given much more reasons to play these classes and given them a firmer identity when this game launched, instead of just sticking all the tools into the BW because someone on the Mythic dev team has a pyromaniac fetish.

User avatar
Bobbiom
Posts: 165

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#4 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Sorc got m2 morale dump just like BW have, which they didnt have earlier so they already got buffed.

poisonedshotz
Posts: 27

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#5 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Bobbiom wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 pm
Sorc got m2 morale dump just like BW have, which they didnt have earlier so they already got buffed.
There's a reason why I didn't list the skills and tactics they had that are equal, because it would be pointless. Just because it got buffed doesn't mean it can't be buffed more. Try another argument

User avatar
Grock
Posts: 577

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#6 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:50 pm

You forgot morale self pump

Hand of Ruin and Withering Heat is used in burst combo as a finisher since first damage tick is instant (in case of BW it synergises with your Corp debuff tactic, while Nova is elemental).
You can even cast it for 2s and interrupt with Nova/ID for extra burst without wasting GCD
Orkni
Image

poisonedshotz
Posts: 27

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#7 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Grock wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:50 pm
You forgot morale self pump

Hand of Ruin and Withering Heat is used in burst combo as a finisher since first damage tick is instant (in case of BW it synergises with your Corp debuff tactic, while Nova is elemental).
You can even cast it for 2s and interrupt with Nova/ID for extra burst without wasting GCD
Morale self pump for a tactic slot, tactics are not free just like infernal gift is not free.

Bright wizard also has fireball barrage which is an additional finisher for its ST spec, plus it even has AoE

Zxul
Posts: 714

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#8 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Comes to think of it, just today I posted a suggestion how to improve sorc.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38562
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
User avatar
Grock
Posts: 577

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#9 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 pm

poisonedshotz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 pm
Grock wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:50 pm
You forgot morale self pump

Hand of Ruin and Withering Heat is used in burst combo as a finisher since first damage tick is instant (in case of BW it synergises with your Corp debuff tactic, while Nova is elemental).
You can even cast it for 2s and interrupt with Nova/ID for extra burst without wasting GCD
Morale self pump for a tactic slot, tactics are not free just like infernal gift is not free.

Bright wizard also has fireball barrage which is an additional finisher for its ST spec, plus it even has AoE
I don't understand your point here. Self morale pump is one of the biggest things for BW in RvR.
Orkni
Image

poisonedshotz
Posts: 27

Re: Bright Wizards are way better than Sorcs in the main part of the game, large scale combat

Post#10 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Grock wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 pm
poisonedshotz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 pm
Grock wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:50 pm
You forgot morale self pump

Hand of Ruin and Withering Heat is used in burst combo as a finisher since first damage tick is instant (in case of BW it synergises with your Corp debuff tactic, while Nova is elemental).
You can even cast it for 2s and interrupt with Nova/ID for extra burst without wasting GCD
Morale self pump for a tactic slot, tactics are not free just like infernal gift is not free.

Bright wizard also has fireball barrage which is an additional finisher for its ST spec, plus it even has AoE
I don't understand your point here. Self morale pump is one of the biggest things for BW in RvR.
Both classes have the same self morale pump. Not sure why you even brought it about since I am talking about class DIFFERENCES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Hadann, kain149, Mistz and 17 guests