Ads

Remove shaman/am slow from healing tree

Let's talk about... everything else
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Re: Remove shaman/am slow from healing tree

Post#31 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Telen wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 pm
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:59 pm Maybe I should try this , but I don't see this working with 9/11/5 build, touch of gork + divine fury.
Give Green Cleanin a try I never play without it on AM. Cleanse hot and absorb from one gcd that can stack multiple times is very strong on a kiting class.

Like I say in dps sure healing is low but rdps dont get any. I dont know if you play other classes but have a run on a sorc and you will start to understand just how cushioned we are.
I always use green cleaning ofc, u mean the shield from it stacks?

Ads
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#32 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:33 pm

I'll try playing more defensively and we'll see.

Telen
Suspended

Post#33 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm

Its more about managing to make the cumbersome mechanic work. When it works it works but you dont feel like your fighting the mechanic more than playing it on other classes. SM/BO could sometimes be like that particularly before the stance switch ability. Its been clicking with me lately but I dont think it should have taken so long to get used to and have to be aware of where the mechanic is at all times, sm/bo have plan b to help. Also you dont lose alot not using it at all.
Last edited by Telen on Sun May 24, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sogeou

Post#34 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 pm

When it comes down to it seems more like a learn to play issue. Shaman has lots of tools to stay alive. Nothing is wrong with the current trees, pew pew less, live more will be better.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#35 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Telen wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm Its more about managing to make the cumbersome mechanic work. When it works it works but you dont feel like your fighting the mechanic more than playing it on other classes. SM/BO could sometimes be like that particularly before the stance switch ability. Its been clicking with me lately but I dont think it should have taken so long to get used to and have to be aware of where the mechanic is at all times, sm/bo have plan b to help. Also you dont lose alot not using it at all.
Okay, thanks for the tips, I'll try to apply them and see how it comes up.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#36 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:01 pm

sogeou wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 pm When it comes down to it seems more like a learn to play issue. Shaman has lots of tools to stay alive. Nothing is wrong with the current trees, pew pew less, live more will be better.
meme for you:
https://imgur.com/a/PvYbjJA

Please spare me bro, go read your first comment when you have nothing useful to say don't speak.

How you manage to turn "give Am/Shamans the slow as a spell not in healing tree mastery post", into an "AM vs Shaman war (nerf shaman)!!!" I don't even know!!!!

jvlosky

Post#37 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:01 pm
sogeou wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 pm When it comes down to it seems more like a learn to play issue. Shaman has lots of tools to stay alive. Nothing is wrong with the current trees, pew pew less, live more will be better.
meme for you:

Please spare me bro, go read your first comment when you have nothing useful to say don't speak.

How you manage to turn "give Am/Shamans the slow as a spell not in healing tree mastery post", into an "AM vs Shaman war (nerf shaman)!!!" I don't even know!!!!
Because you mentioned taking away a tool from AM and Shaman in a bubble without looking at the whole picture and how it affects the classes as a whole. I mean come on dude, if the classes aren't exact mirrors taking the same ability from both of them wont balance things when Shaman has more tools in their kit to survive.

A better post would have been 'remove slow puddle from Shaman' instead of both.

Shaman's just need to 'Run Away' harder lol

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#38 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:24 pm

jvlosky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:01 pm
meme for you:

Because you mentioned taking away a tool from AM and Shaman in a bubble without looking at the whole picture and how it affects the classes as a whole. I mean come on dude, if the classes aren't exact mirrors taking the same ability from both of them wont balance things when Shaman has more tools in their kit to survive.

A better post would have been 'remove slow puddle from Shaman' instead of both.

Shaman's just need to 'Run Away' harder lol
You're not taking the ability you're just moving it from the mastery, and giving it as a free spell as it is.
Enlighten me how, removing slow from Am/shaman masteries and giving it as a free spell instead would actually nerf the am, go ahead I'm waiting :)

Ads
Wiede

Post#39 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pm

If you skill the snare it makes 3 of 6 skills you can use (if you're not healing, lol) better.

Don't know what you talk about useless skillpoints.

It's a strong ability and deserves to be 9+ in any tree.

teiloh

Post#40 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:01 pm

It's one of the stronger abilities in the game and belongs at 9x or so. Personally I would have preferred keeping it 13x with Vaul being a debuff/buff line, with buffs to mechanics and other lines but in place, but the rework a long time ago changed all of that.