Recent Topics

Ads

Multiple Accounts, same network

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Kragtor
Posts: 1

Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am

Hello all! I just re-downloaded this game after having tried it quite some time ago. Multiple of my friends are playing, and one of them mentioned that if you have multiple accounts on the same network accessing the shard, it could be a problem/ban-able offense.

There are currently 2 of us in the same house that are playing; I see nothing in the rules that states this is a problem, and yet I don't want to deal with it after we get banned or something. Can anyone clarify if this is something to worry about? And if so, who do I contact to resolve this?

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!

Ads
skinnyraf
Posts: 23

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 am

I think that the lock preventing xrealming works on a network level. I am unable to play Destro after my son played Order.

User avatar
saupreusse
Former Staff
Posts: 2064

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am

In theory every host connected to your network still should have a different ip adress so there shouldnt be a problem.

User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 4622

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am

Kragtor wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am
Hello all! I just re-downloaded this game after having tried it quite some time ago. Multiple of my friends are playing, and one of them mentioned that if you have multiple accounts on the same network accessing the shard, it could be a problem/ban-able offense.

There are currently 2 of us in the same house that are playing; I see nothing in the rules that states this is a problem, and yet I don't want to deal with it after we get banned or something. Can anyone clarify if this is something to worry about? And if so, who do I contact to resolve this?

Thanks, in advance, for all your help!
Multiple Accounts on one IP is not a problem.
The Problem may only occur when one of your friends got a ban.
Then it might look like he has a second account and is doing a ban evasion which will lead to a permanent ban and character whipe.
This has happened in the past when Son/Friend/Wive got a ban and the other guy locked on an got a perma ban on the head.

So better make sure your friends tell you when they got banned. :)

SuperStar
Posts: 133

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 am

My wife and me play too. Today I cannot log in. The server message was:
Couldn't connect to login server.

But I see everybody is playing.
It is mean I got ban or something else the problem? Some technical issue or my network problem.

User avatar
Lilim
Posts: 236

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#6 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 am

SuperStar wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 am
My wife and me play too. Today I cannot log in. The server message was:
Couldn't connect to login server.

But I see everybody is playing.
It is mean I got ban or something else the problem? Some technical issue or my network problem.
Hey,

if you got banned you would receive the Message "Accout suspended"...so maybe something else is going wrong atm.
Lillet WP//RR84
and all other heal classes

SuperStar
Posts: 133

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#7 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:47 am

Thy.
IAM just a casual. And I always defend myself in-game and outgame but she is in a hardcore guild. And if they banned her coz me I won't get dinner and other either.

Thank you again IAM calm now :D

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 808

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#8 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am

You will know if your account has been banned, as opposed to having network issues. You'll receive a suspension notice as well as inaccessibility to access the Forums.

It's likely you're simply unable to connect right now - however from the server-side, everything is up and running. Triage your connection / play with firewalls etc and see what happens.
Bugs are like Pokémon - Gotta catch em all.

Fancy helping me become the very best, like no BT Manager ever was? Submit your bugs to the tracker and follow the format. If you've found a shiny (exploit), PM's or Discord please.

Ads
User avatar
Valarion
Posts: 227

Re: Multiple Accounts, same network

Post#9 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:02 pm

saupreusse wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am
In theory every host connected to your network still should have a different ip adress so there shouldnt be a problem.

This varies depending on your ISP and your class of service.

However, in general and without using other tech, every system and every account within your home will connect outbound and appear to a server as the same IP. This is usually the IP address of your home router that does the NAT translation.
Image
40s: WP/Dok/AM/Shaman/KoTBS/Chosen/BW/RP/Zealot/WL/Sorc. Alts: BO/SH/SM/Eng

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Teratologen and 14 guests

cron