Recent Topics

Ads

Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Grock
Posts: 663

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#61 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm

saupreusse wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:26 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am
saupreusse wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 am


You already reach the soft cap for possible mitigation At 788 toughness. (1050 * 0.75 = 787)
I don't think this is how the cap of dmg reduction by toughness is applied.
Let's say you totally ignore armor/resists and only toughness is the only defensive stat.
It depends on the attack you receive, to calculate how much dmg is reduced by toughness. On a high dmg attack, even 1050 toughness won't reduce 75% of it's remaining damage (after applying armor/resist mitigation first).

The toughness nerf was applied to fix edge cases, where in some instances ppl got like 1 or low digit dmg from hits.
No it wont. It is a (attacker main stat - defender toughness) calculation that plays in the dmg calc. And afaik it was capped at max 75% of attacker main stat which usually isnt higher than 1050. Correct me if im wrong.
The only people who can correct you are devs with access to source code, because this thing has never been clearly explained before

From what i remember the "75% toughness cap" was added after a change that made toughness reduce ability damage past enemy's mainstat bonus resulting in defensive tanks hitting enemies for 1 damage (whereas before if you had 1000 toughness vs 500 strength you basically waste half of your tough), and the cap itself was applied not to toughness but to whole ability damage.


How it works right now i've no idea and i'd love to get a true answer from a source dev
Orkni
Image

Ads
Dajciekrwi
Posts: 566

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#62 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:01 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:19 pm
I dont know why ppl seys how long he spend time to cast it. its not important. For me it was 1,5 sec. I understand this when i fight in zerg. Targeted by manny ppl. But One Bw kill in 1,5 sec. This is pvp ? What the point of balancing other skils? more wouds debuff, faster attack speed ? Dont see the point now. He kill my using 3 skils. So what next, we will have better gear he kill in 2 skils ? Rly and its normal for all of U ? So meaby lets make all classes have 1 skill dmg. And who faster target and click it win. For me its look now like this. Its not about a order vs destro thing. If sorc hit the same nefr this too. Just dont see now point of balansing any class. I play long ago a lineage 2 was ok. But when thay make a super gear. Archers one- shoot most classes. I understand its fun when U kill some1 in game and U win. Better skill or gear etc. But 1,5 sec combat. Person U kill play a game 1,5 sec and got tp to wc or wait 20 sec for respawn. Somthing its wrong.
10/10

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 832

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#63 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am
This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.

User avatar
Spellbound
Posts: 71

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#64 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:05 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am
This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
You deserve to be treated like you’ve been playing for 2 days because how your responding. Heck even a 2 day old player will accept it. Maybe Mythic games aren’t for you and more ESO where you can fight forever.

Ever play DAOC when a body sorc coordinates his heat debuff w my RR12 fire wiz bolt+DD and his body nuke after heat debuff? It’s not 1.5s, it’s 0.1 seconds to death when they land.

Think you’re here just to complain and that’s it because you don’t listen. Keep playing or find a game where a fight lasts 5 minutes and no one dies.
Image

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#65 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm

adamthelc wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm
wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am
This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.
How do I know that someone is targeting me? Someone must have done any offense before you know. In the case of Bw they are dots. How can you react to something you don't know? Should I detaut every Bw and wait for someone else to kill him? Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots. Burst class is class that can burst U from 100% to 0% in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec ? What the point assisting in this game if 1 class can burst U down?
Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway. So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec). When some1 pull U or punt away from guard U fly longer, and in this time ONE dps can kill U. And this is normal ? Its pvp game? mmo game? or arcade game? In arcade game U need react in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#66 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Spellbound wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:05 pm
wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am
This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
You deserve to be treated like you’ve been playing for 2 days because how your responding. Heck even a 2 day old player will accept it. Maybe Mythic games aren’t for you and more ESO where you can fight forever.

Ever play DAOC when a body sorc coordinates his heat debuff w my RR12 fire wiz bolt+DD and his body nuke after heat debuff? It’s not 1.5s, it’s 0.1 seconds to death when they land.

Think you’re here just to complain and that’s it because you don’t listen. Keep playing or find a game where a fight lasts 5 minutes and no one dies.
So go play DAOC an by happy in 0,1 sec pvp game.

Omegus
Posts: 476

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#67 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
When you see the Bright Wizard standing there for 3 seconds casting a spell you select him. When you then see the fireball coming your way you detaunt him (assuming you don't have guard, which is mandatory in this game whether we like it or not).

All those characters and you've seemingly learned nothing. Also, DD3 FS2 is not a good renown spec.

Also, being at 10% health left means you're still alive and can be healed. It's literally the difference between life and death...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot
Addons: CityFix v1.0

User avatar
Alfa1986
Posts: 438

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#68 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm

wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
adamthelc wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm
wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am
This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.
How do I know that someone is targeting me? Someone must have done any offense before you know. In the case of Bw they are dots. How can you react to something you don't know? Should I detaut every Bw and wait for someone else to kill him? Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots. Burst class is class that can burst U from 100% to 0% in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec ? What the point assisting in this game if 1 class can burst U down?
Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway. So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec). When some1 pull U or punt away from guard U fly longer, and in this time ONE dps can kill U. And this is normal ? Its pvp game? mmo game? or arcade game? In arcade game U need react in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec.
how can you all not understand that it did not last 1.5 seconds but at least lasted 5-7 seconds. first BW had to put dots on you (2 sec), then cast fireball +3 sec, and only after that you already see your +1.5 sec in logs.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#69 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Alfa1986 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm
wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
adamthelc wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm


It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.
How do I know that someone is targeting me? Someone must have done any offense before you know. In the case of Bw they are dots. How can you react to something you don't know? Should I detaut every Bw and wait for someone else to kill him? Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots. Burst class is class that can burst U from 100% to 0% in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec ? What the point assisting in this game if 1 class can burst U down?
Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway. So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec). When some1 pull U or punt away from guard U fly longer, and in this time ONE dps can kill U. And this is normal ? Its pvp game? mmo game? or arcade game? In arcade game U need react in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec.
how can you all not understand that it did not last 1.5 seconds but at least lasted 5-7 seconds. first BW had to put dots on you (2 sec), then cast fireball +3 sec, and only after that you already see your +1.5 sec in logs.
First U need to open a page nr 1 post nr 1. And clik on link. Next U need to read what U see. Then U can start teach me about understanding.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 447

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#70 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Omegus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 pm
wachlarz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
When you see the Bright Wizard standing there for 3 seconds casting a spell you select him. When you then see the fireball coming your way you detaunt him (assuming you don't have guard, which is mandatory in this game whether we like it or not).

All those characters and you've seemingly learned nothing. Also, DD3 FS2 is not a good renown spec.

Also, being at 10% health left means you're still alive and can be healed. It's literally the difference between life and death...
And what is good renow spec ? I try to lern from ppl that know all things. So its normal that a 1 person can in burst U down in 1,5 or like U wanna think its 3 sec from 100% to 10% ? And if U will be attaked by 2 BW how this will end ? What build U suggest for Me ?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], LeffHeck, orfeask, ravezaar, zachary and 26 guests