Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Walk Between Worlds - discuss

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: [AM] Walk Between Worlds - discuss

Post#11 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:18 pm

>> Walk Between Worlds duration increased to 10s (up from 5s)

With SMs & tactic 100% uptime
With tactic, no SMs 67% uptime
No SMs, no tactic 33% uptime
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:29 pm

Healing wise am is solid. The class need some survivability and synergy buff to be more competitive with rp and wp (these buffs should be aimed only for healing)

So imo some form of run away tactic is needed cos on ror there are too many displacements and brand new pounce that ams are facing and hardly dealing with them.

But most importantly the class need some sort of healing synergy with both rp and wp. Something in that spirit:
After crit with direct heal friendly target gain buff that last 10 sec and healing crit value from all sources increase by x

Or add to the resists buff additional effect while the person with resist buff drop life below 50% all healing crits on him increase with x

So am-wp group will got stronger crits, more anty brust option while rp-wp will have more sustain healing
That way even am-rp could work cos will produce most healing possible, it will be just more fragile setup
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Zxul

Post#13 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Bozzax wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 am AM is a stationary caster with long casts and lacks speed procs
Don't they have a run speed buff proc on some staffs?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:11 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:55 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 am Can you fix pls the numbers in first post or at least explain better, where you are pulling the numbers and what are your suggestions. I find it highly confusing and I only get, that you want to change something. xD
He wants the AOE detaunt "Walk Between Worlds" changed from 5 secs to 10 secs duration, to increase its CD from 30 secs to 60 secs and completely change the tactic "Run Between Worlds" from a 50% CD decrease on the AOE detaunt into a 40 second flat reduction. Basically to allow us 50% uptime on AoE detaunt.

Might be wrong though as his post is a bit weird.
Thanks for the translation.
I have not verified it but according to buffhead the aoe detaunt already has 10sec duration, only the setback immunity is 5sec. Afaik on live both were 5sec and it smells like a ninja change.
For shaman detaunt and buff both have 10sec duration but their buff is worse, therefore only 5 sec for AM buff.
Dying is no option.

Cimba

Post#15 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:06 pm

Surviability is not the issue of the class. If you want to fix AM - fix the mechanic to actually do something. Or create abilities that work of the mechanic.

Fey

Post#16 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Am I wrong? I thought that the debuff portion lasts 10 seconds already. It's only the setback buff that lasts 5 seconds. The detaunt part already has an uptime of 33%. Not at home to test.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

catholicism198

Post#17 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:56 pm

Cimba wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:06 pm Surviability is not the issue of the class. If you want to fix AM - fix the mechanic to actually do something. Or create abilities that work of the mechanic.
The mechanic is completely ignored and needs a complete revamp. It would be more effective if it worked like the Rune-Keeper from lotro, but the only dev capable of complete overhauls is no longer with the team, so the best you can hope for is a tweak or two.

Enjoy the class for what it is.

Starx

Post#18 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

Cimba wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:06 pm Surviability is not the issue of the class. If you want to fix AM - fix the mechanic to actually do something. Or create abilities that work of the mechanic.
AM is the squishiest healer in the game, and has the absolute worse time healing under pressure. Any good shotcaller in city or 6man backline group MA is always just going for AM's first because of this, not to mention you want insta res out of the equation ASAP. Shaman isn't nearly as soft a target as AM (maybe thats why WL had the only pounce to begin with :shrug:).

Maybe surviviblity isnt the issue, but uh do tell me where exactly AM is overperforming to make up for being as soft and high priority target as it is.

Ads
Cimba

Post#19 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 am

Fey wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:13 pm Am I wrong? I thought that the debuff portion lasts 10 seconds already. It's only the setback buff that lasts 5 seconds. The detaunt part already has an uptime of 33%. Not at home to test.

Yup it does.

catholicism198 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:56 pm The mechanic is completely ignored and needs a complete revamp. It would be more effective if it worked like the Rune-Keeper from lotro, but the only dev capable of complete overhauls is no longer with the team, so the best you can hope for is a tweak or two.

Enjoy the class for what it is.

Dont know lotro. So no idea how that works. IMO you could go a long way on AM if you implement an ability that swaps your force/tranquility stacks. 30 to 60 seconds cd, maybe off gcd like the rp/zealot button.

Starx wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am AM is the squishiest healer in the game, and has the absolute worse time healing under pressure. Any good shotcaller in city or 6man backline group MA is always just going for AM's first because of this, not to mention you want insta res out of the equation ASAP. Shaman isn't nearly as soft a target as AM (maybe thats why WL had the only pounce to begin with :shrug:).

Maybe surviviblity isnt the issue, but uh do tell me where exactly AM is overperforming to make up for being as soft and high priority target as it is.

Best burst healer in the game. Best snare in the game outside of morale. Morale pump. Insane AP drain. Incoming healdebuff if you want. Decent strength/int/bal and thoughness debuff. Personally not a fan of insta rez but well.
I mean true, if you cant play under pressure AM is not a class for you. But other than that is offers a lot.

Nekkma

Post#20 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 am

Cimba wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 am
I mean true, if you cant play under pressure AM is not a class for you. But other than that is offers a lot.
I can stand by that statement in isolation but not when we have dok/wp. AM is a high risk/reward type of class. High reward comes with high skill. The vast majority of players would do better on WP wich provides high reward for low risk. If I pull a number out of my ass, it feels like 95 % of AMs dies instantly when destro melee train goes their way (knockdown and dead). Given the high risk, the reward could for sure be greater.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron