Recent Topics

Ads

How do wounds debuffs work?

Let's talk about... everything else
Snejk

How do wounds debuffs work?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 am

Hey guys, how do wounds debuffs work?
Lets hypothetically say that we have a target with 10k max health who is damaged to 9k hp:

1. If I debuff his wounds equal to 1k of his health, will he now have 8k current hp and 9k max hp?
2. What happens if I debuff him again with the same wounds debuff?
3. What happens to his health if someone else uses a different wounds debuff?
4. What happens when the wounds debuff runs out/is dispelled? Will the current health stay the same and only max health will go to 10k? Then I can debuff him again and he will again lose 1k of his current health?

Ads
Vayra

Re: How do wounds debuffs work?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:51 am

This game tracks HP by HP remaining. So if you wounds debuff the target from your example he will now have 9000/9000 hp. If he was at 8k remaining he would go to 8000/9000 hp.

I don't think there any that stack (but I might be wrong on that). So what happens is that your max HP will be set to what the strongest wounds debuff says. So if you have the 1k debuff, but someone hits with a 1.2k debuff, the target will go down to 8800/8800 hp.

When it runs out, he regains his maximum health, but not his current health. You can see this yourself if you remove wounds debuffs from dying.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Snejk

Post#3 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:16 pm

So if I 1vs1 a class which cannot heal themselves, I have to debuff their wounds immediately, so they also take damage equal to max health lost. But if they are already damaged, wounds debuff is absolutely useless.
The only case where the debuff would be useful is when he is getting healed, so I limit how much health he can regain.
Is that correct?

Vayra

Post#4 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:33 pm

Pretty much, yes.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG