Recent Topics

Ads

White lions

Let's talk about... everything else
spiritbull

Re: White lions

Post#11 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am

with your stats you should normally have no issues with WLs. Consider:
1. Deft Defender doesn't help with WLs, and normally you are not killed by range classes, so would suggest to invest renown point to wounds instead.
2. You should probably start encounter more defensively: start from AP drain, then detaunt. You must survive knock and initial burst, after that start kiting. Focus on survival rather bringing WL down fast. Keep AP drain 100% uptime. Debuff str, if needed. Never stand still
3. If still doesn't help, either accept or equip more defensive set of gear: mix dd set with heal one. You'll lose a lot of dps, but noone would be able to kill you.
4. Ofc no heal reduction tactics!

PS these are my personal thoughts and I'm noway an expert

Ads
desizt

Post#12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am

Start with AP drain and let him do his cooldowns into your Detaunt, he will be out of burst and out of AP and just rolls over and dies.

Detaunt and AP drain makes Shamans gods
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:58 pm

desizt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am Start with AP drain and let him do his cooldowns into your Detaunt, he will be out of burst and out of AP and just rolls over and dies.

I start with drain and detaunt him or the pet? usually I detaunt pet, and try to go on from there.

sogeou

Post#14 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:05 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:58 pm
desizt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 am Start with AP drain and let him do his cooldowns into your Detaunt, he will be out of burst and out of AP and just rolls over and dies.

I start with drain and detaunt him or the pet? usually I detaunt pet, and try to go on from there.
I guess you don't use auto detaunt. Pretty much you have to try and die to a WL if you don't know what you are doing.

Detangler

Post#15 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Starx wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:49 am
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 am You are just bad dude. There is nothing else to it. You should NOT being dying, you do because not are not that good of a player. Then come post on the forums to whine about stuff being OP, when it is really your game play.
I dont really think this is fair, like WL is a top tier 1v1 class even against shaman.
WL is top tier in 1v1 at picking favorable engagements and 1v1 targets that they stand a real good chance at winning, and running away from tough fights. Zero respect for WL players that run from my Chosen the second they realize they can't GCD me and they might have a real fight on their hands, but that's why I save my knockdown.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

sogeou

Post#16 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:16 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 am You are just bad dude. There is nothing else to it. You should NOT being dying, you do because not are not that good of a player. Then come post on the forums to whine about stuff being OP, when it is really your game play.
I dont really think this is fair, like WL is a top tier 1v1 class even against shaman.
WL is top tier in 1v1 at picking favorable engagements and 1v1 targets that they stand a real good chance at winning, and running away from tough fights. Zero respect for WL players that run from my Chosen the second they realize they can't GCD me and they might have a real fight on their hands, but that's why I save my knockdown.
You are one of those broke OP chosen's who run around mad nobody will fight their broken spec. Tanks should not be able to do real DPS without giving up their tanky stats. You are the paper to their rock, they should never beat you. Go fight a SM's and then watch you bitch how they kicked your butt and your class sucks.

I am sure AM's feel the same way when they are melting your face and you are running for you life.

Mistdancer

Post#17 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:00 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:29 pm

You are one of those broke OP chosen's who run around mad nobody will fight their broken spec. Tanks should not be able to do real DPS without giving up their tanky stats. You are the paper to their rock, they should never beat you. Go fight a SM's and then watch you bitch how they kicked your butt and your class sucks.

I am sure AM's feel the same way when they are melting your face and you are running for you life.
1) Most Chosen are not Broke. They are actually quite wealthy. There are exceptions though.

2)This guy just used the words "Chosen", "Broken" AND "OP" in the same sentence. Shake your head buddy.

3) a)Out of all the tanks that do dps you picked the Chosen to whine about. GG.
b)Tanks cannot do dps without giving up tanky stats. Cry less, get your facts straight and put some water into your conservative and boring purism about class roles.

4) I fight SMs all the time with my Chosen. Never lost.

5) Chosen are OP but also Chosen sucks. Decide maybe?

sogeou

Post#18 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:00 pm

1) Most Chosen are not Broke. They are actually quite wealthy. There are exceptions though.

2)This guy just used the words "Chosen", "Broken" AND "OP" in the same sentence. Shake your head buddy.

b)Tanks cannot do dps without giving up tanky stats. Cry less, get your facts straight and put some water into your conservative and boring purism about class roles.

Name other classes besides tanks which can have 50% + parry, regen 400+ hp, 10k wounds, 700 toughness, cap str, reduce incoming damage, do pretty good damage all while not losing much armor or base stats. Reason why chosen is stronger than other tanks ( Black Orc as an example ) is resist are much higher than others.

Ads
Mistdancer

Post#19 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Name other classes besides tanks which can have 50% + parry, regen 400+ hp, 10k wounds, 700 toughness, cap str, reduce incoming damage, do pretty good damage all while not losing much armor or base stats. Reason why chosen is stronger than other tanks ( Black Orc as an example ) is resist are much higher than others.
This hijacks the Overposters thematic but I will indulge you a (last) reply.

1) The numbers you array there are normal with all sov geared tanks. It is neither rare nor broken.Tanks get these stats but lack ANY worthwhile mobility. They can be spam slowed/kd'd even from afar from ranged classes (nobody ever thinks if that is op or not, they just conveniently take it) / rooted by everyone their mother and their pets and the only gap closing method they have, is flee and AP pot, or stagger (if they sacrifice kd to spec into it in most cases).

2) Before you cry about the stats tanks can amass, why don't you discuss the absurd parry ASW can muster, or the obviously OP dmg MSH can diss out, while both being extra mobile and can call upon considerable cc while capping all their essential stats in sov gear? There are numerous broken things in terms of class balance and known bugs that said classes are being allowed to abuse (no internal cd riposte to name one), yet you elect to call tanks broken? Please.

3)Chosen, like kotbs can gather high resists because they are buffers/debuffers. Other tanks have other boons. The funny thing is, that it is people like you crying that there aren't enough tanks in the game, yet your are really going out of your way to demonize them. Multiple levels of irrationality.

4) I thought you said SM can whoop chosen but then you say that chosen is stronger that other tanks due to resists, in another thread someone will cry about how unreal BO dps is, or how overpowered bg 2h is etc. In the older times people cried about IB being OP because of Volgograd. Dude. Get real. Most tanks (Kotbs for example) need a buff. Not a nerf.

Go back to discussing WLs

sogeou

Post#20 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

This hijacks the Overposters thematic but I will indulge you a (last) reply.

1) The numbers you array there are normal with all sov geared tanks. It is neither rare nor broken.Tanks get these stats but lack ANY worthwhile mobility. They can be spam slowed/kd'd even from afar from ranged classes (nobody ever thinks if that is op or not, they just conveniently take it) / rooted by everyone their mother and their pets and the only gap closing method they have, is flee and AP pot, or stagger (if they sacrifice kd to spec into it in most cases).

2) Before you cry about the stats tanks can amass, why don't you discuss the absurd parry ASW can muster, or the obviously OP dmg MSH can diss out, while both being extra mobile and can call upon considerable cc while capping all their essential stats in sov gear? There are numerous broken things in terms of class balance and known bugs that said classes are being allowed to abuse (no internal cd riposte to name one), yet you elect to call tanks broken? Please.

3)Chosen, like kotbs can gather high resists because they are buffers/debuffers. Other tanks have other boons. The funny thing is, that it is people like you crying that there aren't enough tanks in the game, yet your are really going out of your way to demonize them. Multiple levels of irrationality.

4) I thought you said SM can whoop chosen but then you say that chosen is stronger that other tanks due to resists, in another thread someone will cry about how unreal BO dps is, or how overpowered bg 2h is etc. In the older times people cried about IB being OP because of Volgograd. Dude. Get real. Most tanks (Kotbs for example) need a buff. Not a nerf.

Go back to discussing WLs
If a tank dies or get kited, they are just bad. AM/Shaman are the only class which would be able to kill a tank. Add in good melee SW's. Melee SH should not be able to kill a good tanks as they don't have the tools to bypass armor melee SW have.

SM is good and if you have the same person / gear playing a Chosen should lose. Chosen is maybe the second best tank, I don't see them losing to any other tanks in a duel besides SM.

Destro is like half tanks, no idea what you are talking about. Tank dps is high for what they don't give up. Tanks can do as much damage as some melee dps without having the downsides of being melee dps.