Recent Topics

Ads

White lions

Let's talk about... everything else
raistomen

Re: White lions

Post#21 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:00 pm

ClemmonGrab wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 am Shamans/AMs are the best solo class in the game. Not to sound trollish, but if you're losing to a conq geared toon of any class then you're doing something wrong. Hopefully some high rr shamans can weigh in and provide you with some insight as to what's going on.

have you ever had a WL pounce on you?

Ads
Zxul

Post#22 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Go toughness dok- run into wl+wp 2 days ago, and just went with it using lifetaps (Rend+Consume Essence) on wl, and hotting myself. The wl couldn't get me under 90% :p
spiritbull wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am 3. If still doesn't help, either accept or equip more defensive set of gear: mix dd set with heal one. You'll lose a lot of dps, but noone would be able to kill you.
4. Ofc no heal reduction tactics!
What I actually use on dok, 4 invader+3 sent. 73 init/80 toughness are worth the will sacrifice (using it in city actually, still manage to get into top healing spots), and some str is nice for solo roaming.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:20 pm Go toughness dok- run into wl+wp 2 days ago, and just went with it using lifetaps (Rend+Consume Essence) on wl, and hotting myself. The wl couldn't get me under 90% :p
spiritbull wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am 3. If still doesn't help, either accept or equip more defensive set of gear: mix dd set with heal one. You'll lose a lot of dps, but noone would be able to kill you.
What I actually use on dok, 4 invader+3 sent. 73 init/80 toughness are worth the will sacrifice (using it in city actually, still manage to get into top healing spots), and some str is nice for solo roaming.
Out of curiosity with ur build on your dok, do you actually have a heal debuff as well?

Detangler

Post#24 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm
Mistdancer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Name other classes besides tanks which can have 50% + parry, regen 400+ hp, 10k wounds, 700 toughness, cap str, reduce incoming damage, do pretty good damage all while not losing much armor or base stats. Reason why chosen is stronger than other tanks ( Black Orc as an example ) is resist are much higher than others.
This hijacks the Overposters thematic but I will indulge you a (last) reply.

1) The numbers you array there are normal with all sov geared tanks. It is neither rare nor broken.Tanks get these stats but lack ANY worthwhile mobility. They can be spam slowed/kd'd even from afar from ranged classes (nobody ever thinks if that is op or not, they just conveniently take it) / rooted by everyone their mother and their pets and the only gap closing method they have, is flee and AP pot, or stagger (if they sacrifice kd to spec into it in most cases).

2) Before you cry about the stats tanks can amass, why don't you discuss the absurd parry ASW can muster, or the obviously OP dmg MSH can diss out, while both being extra mobile and can call upon considerable cc while capping all their essential stats in sov gear? There are numerous broken things in terms of class balance and known bugs that said classes are being allowed to abuse (no internal cd riposte to name one), yet you elect to call tanks broken? Please.

3)Chosen, like kotbs can gather high resists because they are buffers/debuffers. Other tanks have other boons. The funny thing is, that it is people like you crying that there aren't enough tanks in the game, yet your are really going out of your way to demonize them. Multiple levels of irrationality.

4) I thought you said SM can whoop chosen but then you say that chosen is stronger that other tanks due to resists, in another thread someone will cry about how unreal BO dps is, or how overpowered bg 2h is etc. In the older times people cried about IB being OP because of Volgograd. Dude. Get real. Most tanks (Kotbs for example) need a buff. Not a nerf.

Go back to discussing WLs
If a tank dies or get kited, they are just bad. AM/Shaman are the only class which would be able to kill a tank. Add in good melee SW's. Melee SH should not be able to kill a good tanks as they don't have the tools to bypass armor melee SW have.

SM is good and if you have the same person / gear playing a Chosen should lose. Chosen is maybe the second best tank, I don't see them losing to any other tanks in a duel besides SM.

Destro is like half tanks, no idea what you are talking about. Tank dps is high for what they don't give up. Tanks can do as much damage as some melee dps without having the downsides of being melee dps.
1. 20% healing loss is a big deal for anything outside of 1v1. Even then your pots aren't as effective. It would be madness to use that tactic as 2h considering there are better options for 2h chosen, but some people don't care about anything other than pew pews.

2. Those numbers you threw out for Chosen stats are fairy tales. No way someone can cap all that and "not give up anything." Get real.

3. SM 2h spec do give me a challenge, but more often then not they lose to me, depending on how much strikethrough they run. Slayers beat me more than anything, along with well prepared and geared Witch Hunters. Some real good 2h ironbreakers out there, too.

4. Despite everything you have claimed, I dont do amazing high amounts of burst damage, so yeah I'm gonna hit HtL and wander away from any healer, considering I don't get access to a 50% heal debuff. AM included. Almost like this class has some serious downsides and counters or something...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

sogeou

Post#25 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 pm
sogeou wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:41 pm
Mistdancer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm

This hijacks the Overposters thematic but I will indulge you a (last) reply.

1) The numbers you array there are normal with all sov geared tanks. It is neither rare nor broken.Tanks get these stats but lack ANY worthwhile mobility. They can be spam slowed/kd'd even from afar from ranged classes (nobody ever thinks if that is op or not, they just conveniently take it) / rooted by everyone their mother and their pets and the only gap closing method they have, is flee and AP pot, or stagger (if they sacrifice kd to spec into it in most cases).

2) Before you cry about the stats tanks can amass, why don't you discuss the absurd parry ASW can muster, or the obviously OP dmg MSH can diss out, while both being extra mobile and can call upon considerable cc while capping all their essential stats in sov gear? There are numerous broken things in terms of class balance and known bugs that said classes are being allowed to abuse (no internal cd riposte to name one), yet you elect to call tanks broken? Please.

3)Chosen, like kotbs can gather high resists because they are buffers/debuffers. Other tanks have other boons. The funny thing is, that it is people like you crying that there aren't enough tanks in the game, yet your are really going out of your way to demonize them. Multiple levels of irrationality.

4) I thought you said SM can whoop chosen but then you say that chosen is stronger that other tanks due to resists, in another thread someone will cry about how unreal BO dps is, or how overpowered bg 2h is etc. In the older times people cried about IB being OP because of Volgograd. Dude. Get real. Most tanks (Kotbs for example) need a buff. Not a nerf.

Go back to discussing WLs
If a tank dies or get kited, they are just bad. AM/Shaman are the only class which would be able to kill a tank. Add in good melee SW's. Melee SH should not be able to kill a good tanks as they don't have the tools to bypass armor melee SW have.

SM is good and if you have the same person / gear playing a Chosen should lose. Chosen is maybe the second best tank, I don't see them losing to any other tanks in a duel besides SM.

Destro is like half tanks, no idea what you are talking about. Tank dps is high for what they don't give up. Tanks can do as much damage as some melee dps without having the downsides of being melee dps.

2. Those numbers you threw out for Chosen stats are fairy tales. No way someone can cap all that and "not give up anything." Get real.

Not fairy tales at all. Maybe your gear is just bad. 5k armor 10k wounds, 80% parry, soft cap str, 300 melee power, Cap resist, 600-700 toughtness, relentless can hit for 700-800 without FO.

Zxul

Post#26 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:20 pm Go toughness dok- run into wl+wp 2 days ago, and just went with it using lifetaps (Rend+Consume Essence) on wl, and hotting myself. The wl couldn't get me under 90% :p
Out of curiosity with ur build on your dok, do you actually have a heal debuff as well?
Could get it, don't have it though since I don't have a high crit so the tactic isn't really useful for me.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

ClemmonGrab

Post#27 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 pm

raistomen wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:00 pm
ClemmonGrab wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 am Shamans/AMs are the best solo class in the game. Not to sound trollish, but if you're losing to a conq geared toon of any class then you're doing something wrong. Hopefully some high rr shamans can weigh in and provide you with some insight as to what's going on.

have you ever had a WL pounce on you?
Yes? Not sure why you singled out my post. Look around the thread, plenty of people don't have problems with WLs. Don't spec for a WB glass cannon build and expect to survive solo. Use your detaunt, WLs don't have stealth. WLs aren't boogeymen that hide under your bed.

StrongUn

Post#28 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Topic about how OP destro is...

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:14 pm

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am No class can take me down, besides AM which sometimes I win as well, or a WL.
Really? This is the crux of your argument?

Better nerf those two then. Can't have you losing to anyone. :roll:
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#30 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:14 pm
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am No class can take me down, besides AM which sometimes I win as well, or a WL.
Really? This is the crux of your argument?

Better nerf those two then. Can't have you losing to anyone. :roll:
I don't know how you got a nerf from my post, but people see what ever they want to see.

On topic, what do you think of WL's ensnare? range wise.