Recent Topics

Ads

City Logging

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

City Logging

Post#1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 pm

So me and a friend were playing the campaign for a few zones, and we got Contribution to play in the fort defences. Some did not. I am just wondering why the numbers suddenly triple when we get to city and No Contribution is needed to que. I don't mind people logging in for city, but those who participated in the campaign and forts should have priority in que?? Instead they incentivise city logging?
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
lyncher12

Re: City Logging

Post#2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 pm

because you get literally nothing from rvr if you have invader

TreefAM

Post#3 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 pm

You get fun :D

havartii

Post#4 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:03 pm

What is the point of collecting the gear if your not going to use it? Just to collect it?
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

adapter
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 pm because you get literally nothing from rvr if you have invader
exactly
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:25 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 pm because you get literally nothing from rvr if you have invader
You can get royal crests from purple and gold bags. What is more, you can grind salt.

jvlosky

Post#7 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am

IT is the nature of the beast. Humans wan't to progress. If there was a weekly contribution style similar to SC ranked that gave you Royals in the mail depending on your contribution to oRVR throughout the week, up to a cap, would keep rank 80+s actually doing oRVR.

Otherwise don't hate the player, hate the game. You can't blame the players for everything.

Vayra

Post#8 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:23 am

People play the content they enjoy. Some just log on to do city because they find orvr boring (or are a bit burnt out on it). Some are on alts in lower tiers and swap back on their mains for city.

Either way, cities are the place to get the best gear for most classes, so anyone who wants gear progression are going to prioritize cities. That's just how the cookie crumbles with the gearing system that's in place here.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:45 am

havartii wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 pm So me and a friend were playing the campaign for a few zones, and we got Contribution to play in the fort defences. Some did not. I am just wondering why the numbers suddenly triple when we get to city and No Contribution is needed to que. I don't mind people logging in for city, but those who participated in the campaign and forts should have priority in que?? Instead they incentivise city logging?
The only reason contribution is needed for forts is because they have a population cap. I believe forts are the only content in the game where you need to participate in prior content immediately before in order to access it. It already sucks for forts as it often splits up warbands. Personally I'd rather see an end to contribution based forts (disclaimer: I have no idea how - it's a difficult game design challenge) than adding more contribution-based lock-outs to the RVR campaign. Imagine having to complete a full run of Gunbad immediately before doing city dungeons, or having to complete a full round of city dungeons before doing Bastion Stair (which in turn means doing a full round of Gunbad).

Personally I log on for cities because I enjoy doing the content. I've done ORVR to death, both organised and pugging/zerging and am bored to tears of it and no longer enjoy it. The one game mode I do enjoy is only available for one "match" every couple of days at a completely random time, so it's rare these days I can even log in to actually take part (especially now I've stopped ruining my sleep for city instances). And the moment I actually get to participate in the content that I like, with a warband of people I enjoy playing with, in the hopes that we get matched against a good order group, I hear all this whining about how I should've been on for hours before doing the **** I've already done countless times before. It's not even about the rewards (I have both sov sets) or trying to get renown (RR8x) - I just want to play competivie 24v24 with and against well-geared opponents as it's the closest to pure pvp this game has outside of 6v6 which I personally don't enjoy.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Detangler

Post#10 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:45 am
havartii wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 pm So me and a friend were playing the campaign for a few zones, and we got Contribution to play in the fort defences. Some did not. I am just wondering why the numbers suddenly triple when we get to city and No Contribution is needed to que. I don't mind people logging in for city, but those who participated in the campaign and forts should have priority in que?? Instead they incentivise city logging?
The only reason contribution is needed for forts is because they have a population cap. I believe forts are the only content in the game where you need to participate in prior content immediately before in order to access it. It already sucks for forts as it often splits up warbands. Personally I'd rather see an end to contribution based forts (disclaimer: I have no idea how - it's a difficult game design challenge) than adding more contribution-based lock-outs to the RVR campaign. Imagine having to complete a full run of Gunbad immediately before doing city dungeons, or having to complete a full round of city dungeons before doing Bastion Stair (which in turn means doing a full round of Gunbad).

Personally I log on for cities because I enjoy doing the content. I've done ORVR to death, both organised and pugging/zerging and am bored to tears of it and no longer enjoy it. The one game mode I do enjoy is only available for one "match" every couple of days at a completely random time, so it's rare these days I can even log in to actually take part (especially now I've stopped ruining my sleep for city instances). And the moment I actually get to participate in the content that I like, with a warband of people I enjoy playing with, in the hopes that we get matched against a good order group, I hear all this whining about how I should've been on for hours before doing the **** I've already done countless times before. It's not even about the rewards (I have both sov sets) or trying to get renown (RR8x) - I just want to play competivie 24v24 with and against well-geared opponents as it's the closest to pure pvp this game has outside of 6v6 which I personally don't enjoy.
I feel exactly the same way as this poster sometimes, from the lack of time to play to being burned out from doing countless pug warbands and keep sieges.
Except I don't want a super competitive order warband to fight. I'd rather have a semi competitive 12+12 v 12+12 split discord city fight. No stupid morale bomb massive coordination or complete wipes in 20 seconds. Long drawn out fights with lots of battle rezzes. Those few city fights are just so much damn fun its hard to describe - and so rare to come across. :(
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable