Recent Topics

Ads

A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Let's talk about... everything else
istvar

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#61 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:10 am

Jesden wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:09 am
Kobra wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:55 pm Everything seems back to normal despite the outright nerf to dest's morale pump and dump technique.. Dest is winning cities again.

Dest adapted to the morale nerf and a bonus is SW's aren't well suited to Fort and Keep pushes and are totally ill-suited to cities with melee trains and proper tanks. Order, with 20% of their numbers being SW on some days when I checked can't push even a basic keep without overwhelming numbers and even then, often having to reset the pushes numerous times, and in many cases outright failing. Seeing cities with order having 1-2 tanks and a guaranteed loss, with 5, even 8 SW's is encouraging as well.... (for Dest)

Like always, Dest adapts, overcomes, and prevails in the face of a ridiculous changes like this SW over-tune or the super lion boy do-it-all favorite. I had fun seeing more magus than ever before because Magus outright kills SW's almost instantly in ST build.

What appeared to be a major hit to dest, has been adapted for and overcome. I've seen cities with 2-4 Magus now, specifically tuned to knock out the SW's while still providing quality AOE support and CC. Even healers are adapting to SW, more cleansing, cleansing tactics, a shift from armor to Wounds+Tough and heal crit. Resulting in overall better survival for dest players with those big heal crit numbers.

I think what may have been intended as a buff to order and nerf to dest, has actually turned into another buff for dest due to their adaptability/flexibility and outright higher player skill.
you pointed out that cities had a garaunteed loss with 1-2 tanks and more than needed SW's...

You didn't adapt to anything, you met a bad pug group as before.

Add to that, Destro winning most cities shouldn't be 'normal' it /should/ be a 50/50 chance as to who comes out on top.
that statement is disregarding so many viables it's Thunder Cats City tracking lvl of stupid

Ads