Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
Wam

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#71 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 pm
Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:12 pm I found the 12 man stuff more "fun" but the issue is your going to lose if you come across bigger higher end opposition, so the balance between efficency and fun, if you have the choice. There's alot of variables. Your advice is good whether people pay attention to it is another matter, people just prefer to take the easier route, rant on forums to let off steam after a heavy lost and try change the system instead of adapt to it and improve. Instead of just take it how it is and move on to the next one. I don't make forum posts whenever i lose. You just evaluate and move on, Bad setup, too much pug, not good enough assist etc... things that sometimes go in your favour and sometimes dont.
Oh I know, you can't control what rng fills your instance with, and once you're in it's hard to get everyone to join your discord for more coordination. Few cities that went bad, either when we lost or won by a hairs length is the reason why I consider to start 24mans, but like I pointed out, the people I trust and who join my orvr roaming are parts of bigger guilds with stronger and better organized city warbands, and when you invite people out, it can be fun, there are gems but it's harder to get them to do what you want often and people tend to give up easy.
Though it can be fun when your oposition is a similar semi organized 12+pug group, had a nice fight vs Graffer and his guys some weeks ago where a single mistake at the 4min mark and his amazing flank cost us stage 1 and 2 and a long drawn out fight in stage 3 since Graffer just does not die.
and Besides gear, those are the fights which make cities worthwhile and fun

I like cities for different style of fight and less zerg... depends on mentality/setup and opposition though, when all the rng comes together

I still fondly remember 6 man instance, then server reboot half way through and rollback (i think this was infinate sov dupe time) against Lesti and his sl buddy :)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Manatikik

Post#72 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:54 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm What I have learned from this thread is TUP has never lost a fight a day in their lives and everyone else is just ****.

PUGs are people too.
Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:13 pm

ive lost maybe 6 or more instances (3 or 4 pugging) 1 B setup order 7-9-8 instant que order, 1 bugs stage 1 on destro... and one to 3% pve in close fights... this is from fighting everybody on both sides.

You trying to stir the pot even more? :lol:

Did i say we never lose?
Did I call everyone ****?

I said the opposite, but seems like you want to pour more oil on fire... I don't start threads bragging, I don't care about that it is pointless... anyone can beat anyone.

I see my guildies get linked, and I defend premade vs solo Q whine... and caring less about how i come across because i know how the community gets at times and double standard is tiresome. People want to jump on the bandwagon and take shots by all means already see people trying to cherry pick and twist words that wasn't even spoken.

Bring my guild into it ofc I am going to have my strong opinion

No, no, its ok WAM. TUP is too good to lose. Be proud. Never once lost, and all the supposed "losses" i'm sure have tons of excuses (sorry, REASONS) in your guild discord why it happened and why it doesn't count. Hell, I'm sure every death in every city you've ever had was cause sun was in your healers eyes, you lagged so couldn't pot, or the tanks DC'd.

Don't worry, everyone bows down to your greatness. We all wish we could be as good as you guys (or your PUG riddled groups im sure).
<Montague><Capulet>

cynicprophet

Post#73 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Time to buff shadow warriors even more =)

AxelF

Post#74 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 pm What I have learned from this thread is TUP has never lost a fight a day in their lives and everyone else is just ****.

PUGs are people too.
Come on, seriously - I'm nothing to do with TUP or any other guild, I'm a solely PUG player with no gear above Vanq who plays mainly order toons. What you should have learned from this thread though is:

A) Bringing anything other than an 8/8/8 setup is pretty much a guaranteed loss. We can't see the comp in the original screenshot so impossible to know what the setup was.

B) Solo queuing is pretty much a guaranteed loss, because of A. If you haven't got a full WB, step up and make a full 8/8/8 WB from /5.

C) Not having everyone in Discord or other voice comms is pretty much a guaranteed loss.

D) Even if you have an 8/8/8 setup with everyone on Discord, if you have too many of the classes that don't excel in WB scale play, it's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

E) Even if you have an 8/8/8 setup with everyone on Discord, and the right classes, you ought to be losing about 50% of the time, because you know that almost all the destro WBs will have A, B, C and D sorted. If you're unlucky and, like in that ss, draw a top guild WB or 12 man who play together all the time and have tried and tested strategies, that % is going to go up dramatically.

But you're an experienced, guilded player so you know all that and I guess are just trying to make some sort of point?

Omegus

Post#75 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:09 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:05 pm Howto turn whining into winning:

1) Invest time into your character, learn your class properly
2) Prove your expertise and join an organized guild
3) Make an effort to set up optimal warbands, with thought-out strategies
4) Make an effort actually coordinating your fights, calling out targets e.g. contributing to the team
5) Ez wins all day, whether its cities or scenarios.

If you solo q with 0 effort invested and expect stuff to be handed to you, then you are not worthy of the said stuff in the first place.
Before cities has I had been solo pugging it for years. Took 2-3 instances of being farmed before I changed my attitude completely and did all of the above. Now I'm a filthy city logger with 2x sov sets who just wants good fights in cities and rarely gets them (I keep missing the Fenryl vs Dachosen fights. Please stop getting paid against each other when I'm sleeping).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

StaH84

Post#76 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Everyone wants a city. Does premade groups and big Guilds should not have a chance to Play incity, because its possible there will be less premades on the other side? They are the same normal people, just organised. With discord.

Join Guild, join 6- 12-man forming before city, join discord, read chat. Tons of options to do.
But better whine that "I lost a battle"
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Wam

Post#77 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:01 pm
Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:54 pm

PUGs are people too.
Wam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:13 pm

ive lost maybe 6 or more instances (3 or 4 pugging) 1 B setup order 7-9-8 instant que order, 1 bugs stage 1 on destro... and one to 3% pve in close fights... this is from fighting everybody on both sides.

You trying to stir the pot even more? :lol:

Did i say we never lose?
Did I call everyone ****?

I said the opposite, but seems like you want to pour more oil on fire... I don't start threads bragging, I don't care about that it is pointless... anyone can beat anyone.

I see my guildies get linked, and I defend premade vs solo Q whine... and caring less about how i come across because i know how the community gets at times and double standard is tiresome. People want to jump on the bandwagon and take shots by all means already see people trying to cherry pick and twist words that wasn't even spoken.

Bring my guild into it ofc I am going to have my strong opinion

No, no, its ok WAM. TUP is too good to lose. Be proud. Never once lost, and all the supposed "losses" i'm sure have tons of excuses (sorry, REASONS) in your guild discord why it happened and why it doesn't count. Hell, I'm sure every death in every city you've ever had was cause sun was in your healers eyes, you lagged so couldn't pot, or the tanks DC'd.

Don't worry, everyone bows down to your greatness. We all wish we could be as good as you guys (or your PUG riddled groups im sure).
ok sure nice trolling, your reading comprehension cannot be that bad but here you go

Ive called all the loses i remember from top of head mate, there's been a couple of losses when i wasnt present also (so maybe you think im disgarding them) lost once as pug 5 man late night, healer went afk at the start screwed party and entire instance vs zunig slayers ... one of the early cities. lost once solo on knight, pug vs pug chased guildie around and knocked them flying entire instance. Joined as 11 or 12 man , get lob and friends who was full 24 on comms... they had overstacked dps setup we got some kills, but not enough usuals around is what it is.

lost once on order already talked about this one, too many knights (our sm always been a problem) not enough RP too many WP, and i took 2 WH so we had 7-9-8 so wasnt even 2-2-2 was against best opposition we fought and almost won first fight after that things snowballed.

Lost once in stage 3 with enemy lord on 3% was a close battle either way, M bombs back and forth and regrouping twisting momentum it was good fight, this might of been the one where stage 1 bugged out so enemy had the advantage of full flags :)

I go into each city with my eyes wide open, knowing what i have and what we face what the chances are...

Have lost a couple stage 1/2 also.

You try to spin it like i am being arrogant, when i am just stating what happend... these all in the past and just memories dont really mean anything besides that. I am not the one who was mass posting on forums and discord trying to bait us into responding... but keep on flexing

Wam

Post#78 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:21 pm

StaH84 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:18 pm Everyone wants a city. Does premade groups and big Guilds should not have a chance to Play incity, because its possible there will be less premades on the other side? They are the same normal people, just organised. With discord.

Join Guild, join 6- 12-man forming before city, join discord, read chat. Tons of options to do.
But better whine that "I lost a battle"
and cities at ungodly hours effect "premades" just like anyone else...

Ads
toffikx

Post#79 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:33 pm

chookette wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:36 pm Image

Where is the fun ?
First of all, I want to tell you that you have had a super work for 6 years.

However, we must react quickly to what is happening in capital. The game loses all its interest with monumental differences between the wb.

What do you think the players say when for the 10x they are crushed or they crush their opponent? where's the fun?
Well, one idea is to make pugs vs pugs and premades vs premades (premade quque with increased loot). If premades don’t get a pop in a while, they get sorted into the pug quque.

That’s what i was thinking atleast. But i think the devs have other ideas. And that’s fine.

I can understand why you feeling it’s no fun. Facing a pug heavy grp in a ”normal scenario” as premade isnt fun and vice versa. And cities are basically like a 1 hour long scenario so.

I mean, in a game that favours grouping up and where balance is made around groups fighting groups, but where you can also play solo, these problems will always emerge.

It would be cool with more fair/balanced instances, but as long as premades will face pugs, it will be uneven. So yeah...

kirraha

Post#80 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:34 pm

chookette wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:36 pm Image

Where is the fun ?
First of all, I want to tell you that you have had a super work for 6 years.

However, we must react quickly to what is happening in capital. The game loses all its interest with monumental differences between the wb.

What do you think the players say when for the 10x they are crushed or they crush their opponent? where's the fun?

Get better. Organize your **** and stop screaming for others to step down cause you got so low standards yourself. Cause that's what I assume this thread is about together with every thread we read about how unfair this game is.

Organized grps should not be an issue, but people who keep crying when they are against one good setup (who ain't even serious setup or even full wb setup).
And you telling a fix has to me made? What do you suggest for that? Bolstering weak players so they can headbash the keyboard to have a chance against experienced players?

Step ** up. Stop whine and improve your own gameplay and organize so you can acually maybe compete with people who already have improved their gaming.
Not sure why I even bother reply on the forumt but so many threads is about how they get once or twice got their butts spanked in a citygrp or against premade sc grp.