Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
zumos2

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#151 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:16 pm
Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm The worst part is that people are complaining, even though with 0 effort they are still getting free rewards in city for losing. Yet they complain to the devs for even more free rewards. The game is already made extremely solo friendly with how you obtain bags from zone locks these days.
It´s so funny every time i read such things. Imagine that there are people who want to do content because it´s fun and not for the pure rewards only. Imagine that for some people this is leisure and not work. I don´t give a f.. if i get seven crests or 10 or 1, the point is, city is not fun at the moment. Wild matching premades and solos is not interesting PvP for both sides, I mean if you really were a Red Guard member, wtf whom i am telling this coming from a competitive PvP Guild. I agree with you though on disabling solo queue.
You really not doing it for the gear? Well if you don't enjoy it then just do not participate and your problem is solved.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Draugris

Post#152 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 pm

zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm You really not doing it for the gear?
gear is a means for the purpose, nothing more, nothing less. At the end of the day I want to have a nice evening with friends and hopefully interesting fights, that´s it.
zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:25 pm Well if you don't enjoy it then just do not participate and your problem is solved.
Yes and No, Yes as long as cities are how they are I surely don´t play them, No because cities are content that i liked and played in Vanilla, so of course, I hope that the system will be improved.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Wam

Post#153 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:47 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm
zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm Just imagine playing a PvE MMORPG with the end game content being 20 man raids. Now imagine complaining that you cannot obtain the best gear without joining a premade raid group to do said content. Sounds kind of ridiculous right?

Now imagine playing a PvP MMORPG with the end game being Warband vs Warband PvP and then complaining about having to join an organised warband to obtain the best gear. Again kind of ridiculous.

The worst part is that people are complaining, even though with 0 effort they are still getting free rewards in city for losing. Yet they complain to the devs for even more free rewards. The game is already made extremely solo friendly with how you obtain bags from zone locks these days.

I also like how some people are psychics looking into my mind and they tell me that I rather do some pug stomping than face another premade. I can tell you that many people of these premades rather face other premades than just stomp some pugs in city.

Anything you say will get looked away, you are in TUP. Your guild's views are pretty **** from what I can see. Loves beating pugs, never runs solo or a group of 1 or 2. The fact you can't understand the imbalance is great. You say you want GOOD fights, fixing large groups vs large groups gives you good fights. This should be something you want as a change as it would put you vs something NOT a PUG and a fun city for you.

So, do you see how **** your argument is? One thing this will do is make groups like TUP run 12 mans to not get into an instance of 24 people if they don't have 24.

It is simple, if one side has 24 they should fight 24. If one side has 12, try to put in 1 six man or 2 if possible. That is all. No need for healer this etc. Keep it simple.

They did so much effort for 6v6 and only 60 people play it lol. Forget the other 2-3000 with the city.
This coming from the guy who says destro is the zerg faction, despite IC being rank 2 the last few days prior to posting those comments lmfao, and order at the doorstep just as it hit rank 2 again the same day... nothing you say ever can be taken seriously with these blinkers on, just like you tar entire guild view the same... last time i check everybody is individual and has their own views thats what make us human. Also having no idea of our history, and last few cities we actually was less than 2fg, ive done alot of solo and duo. Also when leading wb's we usually alone doing our own thing fighting 3-5 + warbands whilst i am not co-ordinating with realm for challenge. (and sometimes those few wbs are a few premades together gasp not just pugs) so keep painting your blinkered picture you obviously have issues with me

You don't have utopia in this game for what you want, in ideal world maybe that would be a possibility, but world is not utopia... you see the problems in ranked SC which is logisitcaly easier to accomodate... magnified that on bigger scale at different time of day (not just prime) every premade you seperate, means 24 people less on the other side getting a instance and you just caused your self another problem, and also taken away any incentive for people to team and improve. Less instances = more unhappy player base.

I know why people want premade's seperate, because they want to "pug farm" vs weaker opposition the exact very thing they complain about, I don't care if i get pug or premade, I am honest about this because you have to fight everyone eventually, I just want a pop and to be in the mix like any others, sometimes ill bring not a good setup and accept being farmed because that is how it is. I don't make forum posts after previous losses like its the end of the world and life is not fair. Im like okay did what i could with what i had, my bag rolls could of been better and live moves on.

If i que early and don't get pop then that takes away motivation, motivation to lead/organise/play at off hours... makes the campaign even more grindy. People make all these narrow minded suggestions from self entitlement to exclude people, instead of "include". We are ultimately all players, nobody is a immortal. Making semi organised premade takes a minor bit of effort if you really want it. That is my problem with "solo quer's" looking to infringe upon others... we dont premade avoid, we fight everyone. One week we had lob pretty much every instance, nobody deserves to lose those encounters, fighting them for 2 hour cities each time for eternity when others can manipulate and roll over (I dont care enough about setup but i care about getting others excluded from already gated content because my rights out weigh their rights) easy setups will get old fast and no point playing if your going to be punished for being co-ordinated. As for only bringing meta classes that is subjective and brought WE's many many times... so again false picture being painted as per usual.

It is just a anti social reluctance to lead/organise, and when your team mates are going to be this salty after bringing wrong compositions who can blame people for not wanting to lead that poisoned chalice... some people have the right spirit and accept that it is pure RNG and the game is already over rewarding for losing and as been for a long time, for losing zones, for losing cities. But puggies always bite the hand that feeds and never content no matter what, and forget or probably wasnt around when there was just a warband's worth of bags divided amongst a few hundred players and you had to actually earn it, no personal reward, no stacking of reward... you had to fight for hours to be in with a shot and out perform other groups who also doing the same thing. So comparing the current system to that system which encouraged teaming even more so by being brutal (and dupes / less selection was more of a thing so rip genesis luck) I think you guys have it pretty well and have done for awhile.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#154 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:16 pm
Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm The worst part is that people are complaining, even though with 0 effort they are still getting free rewards in city for losing. Yet they complain to the devs for even more free rewards. The game is already made extremely solo friendly with how you obtain bags from zone locks these days.
It´s so funny every time i read such things. Imagine that there are people who want to do content because it´s fun and not for the pure rewards only. Imagine that for some people this is leisure and not work. I don´t give a f.. if i get seven crests or 10 or 1, the point is, city is not fun at the moment.
Spoiler:
Wild matching premades and solos is not interesting PvP for both sides, I mean if you really were a Red Guard member, wtf whom i am telling this coming from a competitive PvP Guild. I agree with you though on disabling solo queue.
If you only want to play the content => ask devs to make IC/Altdorf into the SC selection. This way ppl like you can queue and join the fun to play a 24 Vs 24 sc during 1 hour without end content reward....(Breaking news) No one will queue....maybe full premades as a training or test compositions.

sogeou

Post#155 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:47 pm
sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm
zumos2 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm Just imagine playing a PvE MMORPG with the end game content being 20 man raids. Now imagine complaining that you cannot obtain the best gear without joining a premade raid group to do said content. Sounds kind of ridiculous right?

Now imagine playing a PvP MMORPG with the end game being Warband vs Warband PvP and then complaining about having to join an organised warband to obtain the best gear. Again kind of ridiculous.

The worst part is that people are complaining, even though with 0 effort they are still getting free rewards in city for losing. Yet they complain to the devs for even more free rewards. The game is already made extremely solo friendly with how you obtain bags from zone locks these days.

I also like how some people are psychics looking into my mind and they tell me that I rather do some pug stomping than face another premade. I can tell you that many people of these premades rather face other premades than just stomp some pugs in city.

Anything you say will get looked away, you are in TUP. Your guild's views are pretty **** from what I can see. Loves beating pugs, never runs solo or a group of 1 or 2. The fact you can't understand the imbalance is great. You say you want GOOD fights, fixing large groups vs large groups gives you good fights. This should be something you want as a change as it would put you vs something NOT a PUG and a fun city for you.

So, do you see how **** your argument is? One thing this will do is make groups like TUP run 12 mans to not get into an instance of 24 people if they don't have 24.

It is simple, if one side has 24 they should fight 24. If one side has 12, try to put in 1 six man or 2 if possible. That is all. No need for healer this etc. Keep it simple.

They did so much effort for 6v6 and only 60 people play it lol. Forget the other 2-3000 with the city.
This coming from the guy who says destro is the zerg faction, despite IC being rank 2 the last few days prior to posting those comments lmfao, and order at the doorstep just as it hit rank 2 again the same day... nothing you say ever can be taken seriously with these blinkers on, just like you tar entire guild view the same... last time i check everybody is individual and has their own views thats what make us human. Also having no idea of our history, and last few cities we actually was less than 2fg, ive done alot of solo and duo. Also when leading wb's we usually alone doing our own thing fighting 3-5 + warbands whilst i am not co-ordinating with realm for challenge. (and sometimes those few wbs are a few premades together gasp not just pugs) so keep painting your blinkered picture you obviously have issues with me

You don't have utopia in this game for what you want, in ideal world maybe that would be a possibility, but world is not utopia... you see the problems in ranked SC which is logisitcaly easier to accomodate... magnified that on bigger scale at different time of day (not just prime) every premade you seperate, means 24 people less on the other side getting a instance and you just caused your self another problem, and also taken away any incentive for people to team and improve. Less instances = more unhappy player base.

I know why people want premade's seperate, because they want to "pug farm" vs weaker opposition the exact very thing they complain about, I don't care if i get pug or premade, I am honest about this because you have to fight everyone eventually, I just want a pop and to be in the mix like any others, sometimes ill bring not a good setup and accept being farmed because that is how it is. I don't make forum posts after previous losses like its the end of the world and life is not fair. Im like okay did what i could with what i had, my bag rolls could of been better and live moves on.

If i que early and don't get pop then that takes away motivation, motivation to lead/organise/play at off hours... makes the campaign even more grindy. People make all these narrow minded suggestions from self entitlement to exclude people, instead of "include". We are ultimately all players, nobody is a immortal. Making semi organised premade takes a minor bit of effort if you really want it. That is my problem with "solo quer's" looking to infringe upon others... we dont premade avoid, we fight everyone. One week we had lob pretty much every instance, nobody deserves to lose those encounters, fighting them for 2 hour cities each time for eternity when others can manipulate and roll over (I dont care enough about setup but i care about getting others excluded from already gated content because my rights out weigh their rights) easy setups will get old fast and no point playing if your going to be punished for being co-ordinated. As for only bringing meta classes that is subjective and brought WE's many many times... so again false picture being painted as per usual.

It is just a anti social reluctance to lead/organise, and when your team mates are going to be this salty after bringing wrong compositions who can blame people for not wanting to lead that poisoned chalice... some people have the right spirit and accept that it is pure RNG and the game is already over rewarding for losing and as been for a long time, for losing zones, for losing cities. But puggies always bite the hand that feeds and never content no matter what, and forget or probably wasnt around when there was just a warband's worth of bags divided amongst a few hundred players and you had to actually earn it, no personal reward, no stacking of reward... you had to fight for hours to be in with a shot and out perform other groups who also doing the same thing. So comparing the current system to that system which encouraged teaming even more so by being brutal (and dupes / less selection was more of a thing so rip genesis luck) I think you guys have it pretty well and have done for awhile.
You must be blind. Destro lets the city be pushed as they are city loggers. Some destro have come to order as they are sick of not being in the city. City is for the most part easier for destro due to amount of tanks and the fact they can't get into city solo q as they ZERG / have too many.

Also, love how you just ignore the last 3 months of destro ZERG with 200-300 more order during most hours. Or the fact this Sunday morning Destro had like 500 people Q for city to the 200 order. But, Order pushed the city as destro let them and all the zerg city loggers got on.

Just stop crying about wanting good fights when you don't want to fight premades. I would be ok if premade vs premades got 5 tokens per stage for a win. If you wanted good fights, you would only want premades. It is like a person saying SC's are boring and comp is terrible, then they don't want to do 6v6 because whatever lame excuse you use lol.

BeautfulToad

Post#156 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:47 pm
People pug because they can't be bothered arranging groups and warbands. Casual players are a thing (and probably the majority of players). It is not a bad thing or wrong to want RoR to cater to that a bit more.

Likewise, I understand people who want to make RoR more about organising.

There may be middle ground, but there is no point in creating a straw man. Both sides of the argument (casual play versus premade play) are perfectly fine and have valid points.

Martok

Post#157 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:16 pmIt´s so funny every time i read such things. Imagine that there are people who want to do content because it´s fun and not for the pure rewards only.

Suggesting people be allowed to play this game for fun constitutes heresy and is generally not tolerated here. I know this from personal experience.
Last edited by Martok on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

chookette

Post#158 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:15 pm

don't pay attention to it. the guys who put the fun of playing aside in a game are not interesting. the important thing is to bring up ideas or to propose your skills to help ROR to be a fun game.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#159 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:20 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:44 pm
Change the city queue system to 12 man or 6 man only. One or the other. Don't allow solo queue, pick either 12 or 6 man, force some sort of comp, doesn't have to be 2/2/2 but has to be at least 1/1/1 with whatever else per group.
Server pop might be too small for too many restrictions on the matchmaking. just look at the ranked 6v6. soon as the playerbased for that bracket started getting devided the queues started to take for ever for the top and bottom mmr players.
A too strict matchmaking system for a 48total players, would leave to even more destro not even getting in, as a result of order bringing very uneven setups into most cityinstances.

If the floodgates got opened to citysieges so they allow all numbers, what we would see is just the playerbase find the narrowest funnelpoint and you now have funnels in cities too, like we see in keeps and fortresses.
Not sure i agree, but i see your point. I think a 1 dps 1 tank 1 healer and 3 wtfevers are pretty loose restrictions. But no one can deny there is an issue with the way the queuer works. Maybe they should kill the "city loggers" must-have contribution in ORvR within the past 2 hours to get into the city.
-= Agony =-

Shalktonin

Post#160 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:23 pm

brutalll02 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:05 pm Lmao, gib free **** plox we dont know how to play qq
i realize that reading english may not be your strong suti but they didn't say anything like that at all.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene