Recent Topics

Ads

From the first fight we know it's over.

Let's talk about... everything else
soulbog

Re: From the first fight we know it's over.

Post#231 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:23 am

TiberiusD wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:15 am I wonder is a "surrender" system will be implemented. If one side feels like they cannot do anything, instead of AFK or being famerd for next 10s of minutes, why not just surrender and move on? Get the reward for losing (as you are getting now at the end of the stage), get the debuff and continue
i believe you need almost all to vote yes to surrender and that's never the case, and by the time you can surrender destro just got half of the points and most of order do not even move from base, because it feels like walking in a meat grinder.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#232 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:26 am

Elemint wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:14 pm 1. MMR for the city will work as well as MMR works for scenarios today, that is, in no way. Namely, no one will get a pop at all.

2. Two ques are needed to separate the players in strength and power, so that some do not intersect with others and do not receive from the game such negative emotions as they have now. The spirit of team play will not be affected in any way, since both case the teams and not solo players will play there and there. I do not urge to create a separate instance for each solo player lol
3. Premades also whine, as we all can see and obsorve, it is obvious that no one likes this situation. But solo players, unlike premades, rarely speak negatively and toxicly towards the opponent.

4. too many of DPS is a problem, but people themselves choose the class for which they want to play. Do you propose filling out the instance 24 DPS against 24 DPS in this case? Or what? Yes, some of the players will remain overboard the siege of the city, but and today some of the players do not get a pop. You can not please everyone. me too as dps very often dont get a pop in the sity, although as a healer dont have this problem.
5. take into account the level of equipment/gears and the RR level when instance is filling is a necessary condition for creating competitive and equal fights for pugs.
Did you even read his suggestion at all?
and did you yourself read what he wrote? a selection system based on mmr will not work, if only because it needs the base of players to receive an adequate rank to each player, and for this everyone needs to participate in city sieges at least 20-30 times, and preferably more than 100. therefore it is better to assign a rank based on at renown level and dressed equipment.
by level of renown:
assign a rank to each character depending on RR
40: 1
50: 2
60: 3
70: 4
80: 5
Group has 6 people, respectively, the overall rank of the team varies from 6 to 30, on this basis and select the enemy with the similar rank.
the same way, you can take into account and dressed equipment on the characters.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

xanderous

Post#233 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:34 am

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:29 am Didn’t someone here say TUP was looking for good fights? Cause they obviously weren’t today since they queued for the 1st instances, which is always a pug on order.

Guess premades DONT want balanced fights.
The charm of playing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

soulbog

Post#234 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:50 am

xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:34 am
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:29 am Didn’t someone here say TUP was looking for good fights? Cause they obviously weren’t today since they queued for the 1st instances, which is always a pug on order.

The charm of playing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
the charm of playing is balance win/lose,not unbreakable wall that order will never break it, hope don't last forever.

Tillbeast

Post#235 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 am

The game is the way it is and it will never change. It is not a casual game you have to be pretty hard core if you want reasonable progression. End game gear is hidden behind a randomly timed event with little rewards compares to the cost of the gear you can get from city.

The obvious solution is to formulate a system where equal warbands fight each other but the devs don't want that and keep claiming they want players to group up for end game content. Numbers are getting fewer and fewer and unless devs cater for all styles of players more and more will leave. It's not just pug vs premade that's the issue but the cumulative issues like city timing, imbalance of ranged dps in forts etc along with the problems this long post addresses that need to be fixed. I don't blame premade for what they do. I wish the devs would stop adding new content and concentrate there limited time to fixing the current issues in the game. This is a great game and most of us appreciate the devs hard work and the devs have done a great job. Let's perfect what we go before adding more please.

Vayra

Post#236 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:17 am

Well, if you're on destro, you have to queue ASAP if you want to guarantee getting in. If you wait even 30 seconds you might find yourself not getting a pop. If anything, blame order premades for queuing as late as possible, destro is just trying to guarantee any fight.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

TreefAM

Post#237 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:21 am

soulbog wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:50 am the charm of playing is balance win/lose,not unbreakable wall that order will never break it, hope don't last forever.
Can't win if you don't even try forming/joining a group.
It's not even "hard core" sure your semi organized group won't be able to beat TUP, FMJ, PnP or Dachosens alliance wbs, but you will still have a fighting chance against the many 12mans or random 2/2/2 24mans that Destro forms which more often than not have **** compositions. And if you're playing an undesirable class, just make the group on your own, it doesn't have to be a 24man, make a 6/12 man and you'll increase your chance of winning slightly.
But of course it's easier to come to the forums and cry how "order cant break wall" nonsense.

Noslock

Post#238 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:27 am

Damn i missed another city and the chance to create more salt.. Sad bo

Ads
normanis

Post#239 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 am

Noslock wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:10 am
normanis wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:48 pm
SuperStar wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:48 pm It's not about solo or groupt up.

It's about full guild almost full sov and casual weekend players with a non meta char.

Sadly many guild premade wanna farm this weak guyz, lucky there are some good premade guyz who wanna find challenge and not pug farm. They are less imo.

The point is not about make pug city coz they lazy to group up. The point is very boring when the enemy doesn't even have a lil chance.

This is the endgame (imo ranked sc the endgame)
So it should be fantastic big fights. But now most of you just check the twitch and discord and wait to q to avoid anybody who has chance to beat you. And make only 18 man too to avoid full 24 premade etc.

This is not good imo the system should pair the order and destro in instance after everybody q.

Based on gear guild city mmr. Etc.

For the interesting good fight and not pug farm then afking then pugfarm a lil bit and end.

You know same story if you go sc with full premade aganist pug who hasn't got healer maybe a dps am and a 2handed knight who doesn't guard. You wipe them big clap after they go afk at wc. Very interesting...

Engi sw dps am etc all non meta player deserve city deserve fun and they could have fun if we let them fight aganist eachother. And not aganist guild premade. And premades also can have fun

Maybe a scoreboard should help to not pug farm.

And you guyz can hunt some glory and not pugs
i agree some destro guilds has no sportic heart, they just like to farm pugs nonstop. we have 2400 players where are they now. soon with unsportic actions will be again same **** as before lazypeon. siting at spawn point , pull trough barier ( i womder when gtdc will be fixed). byt again wam and tup was on order side and than they rolled destro. i dont wonder about it.
p.s ppl have chance lesser 2h tanks when half year ago peter and dansari sugested 33% guarddamage stuff. ppl started complain about it. and now we have full pugs of 2h tanks.
I dont understand the sportic heart part.Is not that premade choose to fight pugs. The system decides who fights who. Can be solo queuer can be premade can be /5 wb.
For the pull tru barriers works both side as we got pulled by a engie so no point complaining. For the tup on order side that rolled destro probably you are confused cause tup guild is destro side and then moved to order for a period to find some decent opposition so another thing you should not complain. For the 2h tanks on pugs ye that's a player issue. I run 2h with profit in city but ofc with a premade.
someone cleared that first enter pugs in city siege, and than enter premades. most ppl has nothing against die, byt its disgusting if ppl start camp tham at entrance .
p.s i was in morning with pug was ques last 2min , i got city inc and we won some order pug . fights was equal , just on our side was more pro players.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Elemint

Post#240 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:06 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:26 am and did you yourself read what he wrote? a selection system based on mmr will not work, if only because it needs the base of players to receive an adequate rank to each player, and for this everyone needs to participate in city sieges at least 20-30 times, and preferably more than 100.
100 cities :lol: ranked does it in 10 matches. 15 city stages, so 5 cities should be more than enough