Recent Topics

Ads

MSH needs some attention

Let's talk about... everything else
Illuminati

Re: MSH needs some attention

Post#21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 pm
Illuminati wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:31 pm no one mSH ever pounced me and armor debuffed me, heal debuffed me, pulled me, interrupted me that I have to rely on some random to cleanse /save me.
i cant imagine dying to a solo wl as anything other than a sorc tbh
i can imagine many low skilled WLs/players...
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
xanderous

Post#22 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 pm This is why you combine it with Choppas with Chop Fasta and/or Black Orcs with Waaagh. The cooldown reducer gives you access to almost non-stop AOE from Big Bouncing and your higher damage ST abilites are available more often. Without support the melee squig is not, and it seems was never designed to be, a pure AOE class.
Yes you can do those things, borc waaagh and choppa lots of choppin will get you cooldown reduction, your abilities can still be interrupted very easily resulting in damage down time vs most other MDPS which have a no cooldown spammable attack and will produce better damage output. If MSH had that, it would be less of an issue imo. Single target is not really something worth gettin into, they have terrible auto attack output and only a couple abilities, they don't even have any armor bypassing or heal debuff, single target pressure on MSH is laughable even with pet.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Omegus

Post#23 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:52 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:45 pm
Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 am
This is why you combine it with Choppas with Chop Fasta and/or Black Orcs with Waaagh. The cooldown reducer gives you access to almost non-stop AOE from Big Bouncing and your higher damage ST abilites are available more often. Without support the melee squig is not, and it seems was never designed to be, a pure AOE class.
Yes you can do those things, borc waaagh and choppa lots of choppin will get you cooldown reduction, your abilities can still be interrupted very easily resulting in damage down time vs most other MDPS which have a no cooldown spammable attack and will produce better damage output. If MSH had that, it would be less of an issue imo. Single target is not really something worth gettin into, they have terrible auto attack output and only a couple abilities, they don't even have any armor bypassing or heal debuff, single target pressure on MSH is laughable even with pet.
Again, the SH is not supposed to be a full-time AOE class. Treat it as a single-target damage that also has some extra AOE abilities. Also, those channeled attacks do a lot of damage and the SH has the shortest cooldown out of all of them. The counter to channeled abilities is that they can be interupted.

There's also a difference between interupting a cast and interupting a channel. If you interupt a cast time it doesn't go on cooldown (or at least shouldn't...), so unless Really Bad Gas works differently to everything else then if the 1s cast is interupted then you just cast it again.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

xanderous

Post#24 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:06 pm

There's also a difference between interupting a cast and interupting a channel. If you interupt a cast time it doesn't go on cooldown (or at least shouldn't...), so unless Really Bad Gas works differently to everything else then if the 1s cast is interupted then you just cast it again.
I'm totally fine with the class not being a consistent aoe pressure machine but the damage output does not reflect that idea, it should do more burst in the moment if its going to suffer such penalty when it comes to being so easily interrupted, messing up its rotation, i'm not sure what you mean it has the shortest cooldown, what specifically are you referring to, marauder has spammable demolition aoe that has no cooldown, where as big bouncin has 6s cooldown or are you simple referring to squig leap?

Bad gas is one of those abilities that regularly suffers from animation bugging, regularly it will fire off and you want see the effect or won't fire off at all and effect is there, it also causes the squig to be stuck in an animation were it will then proceed to not allow other abilities to use their animations, so its difficult to narrow down often when its being interrupted. big boncin is much worse, you cast and as its channelled will proceed to be regularly interrupted and also suffers from glitchie animation.
Last edited by xanderous on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

sogeou

Post#25 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:06 pm
I'm totally fine with the class not being a consistent aoe pressure machine but the damage output does not reflect that idea, it should do more burst in the moment if its going to suffer such penalty when it comes to being so easily interrupted, messing up its rotation, i'm not sure what you mean it has the shortest cooldown, what specifically are you referring to , marauder has spammable no demolition aoe that has no cooldown, where as big bouncin has 6s cooldown or are you simple refering to squig leap?

Bad gas is one of those abilities that regularly suffers from animation bugging, regularly it will fire off and you want see the effect or won't fire off at all and effect is there, it also causes the squig to be stuck in an animation were it will then proceed to not allow other abilities to use their animations, so its difficult to narrow down often when its being interrupted. big boncin is much worse, you cast and as its channelled will proceed to be regularly interrupted and also suffers from glitchie animation.

You are lucky you have all that AOE without spec'ing for AOE. Also, you can preload bad gas then still burn people. It is fine the way it is. Or they remove all the aoe and put it in the right tree so mSH have no aoe and all AOE goes only to ranged like the SW.

sogeou

Post#26 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Illuminati wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 pm
Illuminati wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:31 pm no one mSH ever pounced me and armor debuffed me, heal debuffed me, pulled me, interrupted me that I have to rely on some random to cleanse /save me.
i cant imagine dying to a solo wl as anything other than a sorc tbh
i can imagine many low skilled WLs/players...

Come you are really good, only WL's that could kill you would be well geared ones.

Also, Armor debuff is in a different tree, heal debuff different tree, interrupt different tree. No WL will ever have them all. Most forgo heal debuff. Doks are very hard for WL's to kill as so many people running 4k armor and 600 toughness.

xanderous

Post#27 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm You are lucky you have all that AOE without spec'ing for AOE. Also, you can preload bad gas then still burn people. It is fine the way it is. Or they remove all the aoe and put it in the right tree so mSH have no aoe and all AOE goes only to ranged like the SW.
You have to spec full into melee tree otherwise your abilities won't scale and will hit like wet noodles, you can preload the bad gas sure but you better be super close to your enemy otherwise it won't hit anything, everything else you say after that is not worth replying to, sorry.

sogeou

Post#28 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:24 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm You are lucky you have all that AOE without spec'ing for AOE. Also, you can preload bad gas then still burn people. It is fine the way it is. Or they remove all the aoe and put it in the right tree so mSH have no aoe and all AOE goes only to ranged like the SW.
You have to spec full into melee tree otherwise your abilities won't scale and will hit like wet noodles, you can preload the bad gas sure but you better be super close to your enemy otherwise it won't hit anything, everything else you say after that is not worth replying to, sorry.
You must be bad. What melee SH is not full tree? The whole tree is good, I have ZERO of the SH issues you are crying about. Any class which has a build timer runs into those issues of being setback or interrupted. I played the mSH from when it was first made and everyone thought it was meh, now everyone wants to play it because it is very strong. It is fine, L2P.

Ads
xanderous

Post#29 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:38 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:24 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm
You must be bad. What melee SH is not full tree? The whole tree is good, I have ZERO of the SH issues you are crying about. Any class which has a build timer runs into those issues of being setback or interrupted. I played the mSH from when it was first made and everyone thought it was meh, now everyone wants to play it because it is very strong. It is fine, L2P.
Well i never said i don't spec into full tree, my comment was in response to you implying that the class has something good going for it because it has access to an aoe ability without having to spec into, which suggested you were ignorant of relative effectiveness of abilities scaling based on how many points you spend into the tree. Yeah i get it, you did it all before it was cool, very impressive, anyway i still think your just trying to turn this into argumentative thread, glad its going well for you.

Omegus

Post#30 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:55 pm

xanderous wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:06 pmi'm not sure what you mean it has the shortest cooldown, what specifically are you referring to, marauder has spammable demolition aoe that has no cooldown, where as big bouncin has 6s cooldown or are you simple referring to squig leap?
I'm referring to the high damage channeled AOE abilities. Big Bouncing, Wrecking Ball, Whirling Axe, Retribution, whatever the choppa one is. The squig gets its high damage channel (Big Bouncing) on an 8s cooldown which is lower than all of the other classes, and with a cooldown reducer the ability is spammable which also is not possible on the other classes. Yes they get their standard spammable AOE ability but the damage isn't as high as the channeled ability.

24/7 Big Bouncing max damage in the right setup.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot