Recent Topics

Ads

WL DMG Screenshot

Let's talk about... everything else
Gurf

Re: WL DMG Screenshot

Post#31 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Whenever I see a WL go solo 1 on 1 they seem to get eaten up by a lot of classes, Chosen and DOK usually have over half their life left. They have mobility but then they are jumping away from their guard so become vulnerable. MSH on the other hand has a lot more CC options and survivability to escape after when jumping around into back lines.

Ads
Illuminati

Post#32 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:50 pm Whenever I see a WL go solo 1 on 1 they seem to get eaten up by a lot of classes, Chosen and DOK usually have over half their life left. They have mobility but then they are jumping away from their guard so become vulnerable. MSH on the other hand has a lot more CC options and survivability to escape after when jumping around into back lines.
Yes, roaming Chosen/Doks > roaming WLs. However, WLS are a a greater threat to far more classes.

The MSH doesn’t have anywhere near the same burst outside of Get em / Leonine Frenzy. MSH doesn’t have more cc options and survivability (if you know how Armor debuffs affect sHs). WLs have root/snare immunity.

The core issue with WLs is that the skill gap is small for mSH and huge for WLs. Balance for WLs is unfortunately done considering the lower skill players. Watch a good WL sometime and how to really play well with the pet, or how to cc/execute within a CC window. Again, give Destro more burst classes instead of AoE slambam and you would see what’s it like.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Przepraszam

Post#33 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 pm

I said it before and i will say it again in every thread like this, Wl needs to be toned down , simply as that
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Illuminati

Post#34 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Przepraszam wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 pm I said it before and i will say it again in every thread like this, Wl needs to be toned down , simply as that
Bring back Crippling Strikes on a Chosen. There is a reason it was in place. You could put a Chosen on the best burst classes to at least tone them done somewhat. Why was a version of it given to SM?
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)

Zymer

Post#35 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:24 pm

The only thing about WL that doesn’t make sense is why they have more burst than WH/WE. That never made sense to me, and my main character is a WL.

I’ve recently started to play Destro to try new classes, and holy ****. WH are a joke, but I get destroyed by WL in seconds. Coming from playing Order characters, I never feared a DPS from Destro like I do WL (specially as RDPS and heals). Destro doesn’t have any class that can do what WL does. Same can be said for Marauder on Destro side, but I think people tend to hate WL more because they melt people while Marauder is more of WB utility class.

Illuminati

Post#36 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Zymer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:24 pm The only thing about WL that doesn’t make sense is why they have more burst than WH/WE. That never made sense to me, and my main character is a WL.

I’ve recently started to play Destro to try new classes, and holy ****. WH are a joke, but I get destroyed by WL in seconds. Coming from playing Order characters, I never feared a DPS from Destro like I do WL (specially as RDPS and heals). Destro doesn’t have any class that can do what WL does. Same can be said for Marauder on Destro side, but I think people tend to hate WL more because they melt people while Marauder is more of WB utility class.
Good post. Again highlighting the burst imbalance between Order and Destro. I am not sure why people play WHs but I do for WEs. Destro only has 2 burst classes... Sorc if want a ranged burst class and WE if you want the melee burst class. Will be interesting to potentially get one with the incoming rSH/mSH changes.
————————————————

Josewales

Post#37 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Not to pick on this thread. But I get a kick on how people want to be able to trump all classes. Rock Paper Scissors is working as intended. I myself play WL as my main, and mitigated Doks vs. WL’s AP deficiency for one are worse than beating on tanks. At least tanks don’t have self heals to keep up with mitigation. I don’t complain and like that fact. Which brings in the art of opportunity. Knowing when to focus and jump on them. As for Shamans, they are awesome kiters and a pain in the arse where a WL needs to be careful about getting trained. Anyways try endgaming one and the WL isn’t as easy mode that many think. It involves knowing your surroundings and studying group and player’s behaviours. Probably the best part of playing WL is calculating. WLS are opportunists and a peripheral class that doesn’t require high maintenance unless getting cleaved on the front line. Because players do not see themselves as a opportunity, don’t blame the WL for hunting those who don’t. Back to the herd comforts then is my best advice. Cheers.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#38 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:41 pm

It wasn't me alone that killed you. There was a scout SW next to you too.

You had virtually no armor as well. There's only 21% mitigation in your screenshots.

Crit reduction only protects you so far. My pet crit you at the end and you weren't detaunting the pet.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousRelievedCarrotWoofer

Ads
Stophy22

Post#39 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

All the kings horses and all the kings men came to defend the WL thread again.

Protect the golden child! No lie is too much and no price is too high!

Preserve the innocence, lest it be lost!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Kobra
Suspended

Post#40 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:03 pm

That kind of damage output with a face rolling on a keyboard (listen to the random smacking) is not skill and it's not balanced. But there is hope, when well known WL's come into this thread and affirm that it is indeed overpowered. But the statement that should be paid attention to most is this:

"Coming from playing Order characters, I never feared a DPS from Destro like I do WL (specially as RDPS and heals). Destro doesn’t have any class that can do what WL does. Same can be said for Marauder on Destro side, but I think people tend to hate WL more because they melt people while Marauder is more of WB utility class."
Last edited by Kobra on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.