Recent Topics

Ads

My eyes have been opened to the stupidity of my choices

Let's talk about... everything else
velenne

My eyes have been opened to the stupidity of my choices

Post#1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:34 pm

If you're a WH, you're doing it wrong. This game isn't for you. I tried- no, I really did! I think hitting rr70 on a class means you've seen what it has to offer in all its aspects. I joined a group specific to WH's and learned all the best strategies. I posted my frustrations only to be told that the devs feel the class is "in a good spot" and that no changes were on the horizon. I tried to suggest changes. Most of all, I tried to be positive and listen to the words of wisdom: stick it out, kid, it's gets better.

Then this morning I tried rolling up a Shadow Warrior. Y'know, for the memes.

...................so you mean to tell me that I can wear the same light armor, do more damage (a lot more!) and risk nothing because I'm in the back line at range? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, wait, surely the melee classes have some sort of counter to me right? If they get close, I melt right? NAW DAWG I get a whole bag of roots, snares, punts, knockdowns, disables, silences, disarms, and just overall IDGAF about melee. Sure if the melee train rolls over me, I die the same as literally any other class. Heck, I can even melee myself if I want to but that would be dumb because who puts a lightly armored class in melee??

So I say goodbye to my lovely WH and the hours spent getting to rr70. You were the dream but the game just isn't made for you. Onto the shelf you go.

Legolas, here we come.

Ads
Noslock

Re: My eyes have been opened to the stupidity of my choices

Post#2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:37 pm

velenne wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:34 pm If you're a WH, you're doing it wrong. This game isn't for you. I tried- no, I really did! I think hitting rr70 on a class means you've seen what it has to offer in all its aspects. I joined a group specific to WH's and learned all the best strategies. I posted my frustrations only to be told that the devs feel the class is "in a good spot" and that no changes were on the horizon. I tried to suggest changes. Most of all, I tried to be positive and listen to the words of wisdom: stick it out, kid, it's gets better.

...................so you mean to tell me that I can wear the same light armor, do more damage (a lot more!) and risk nothing because I'm in the back line at range? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, wait, surely the melee classes have some sort of counter to me right? If they get close, I melt right? NAW DAWG I get a whole bag of roots, snares, punts, knockdowns, disables, silences, disarms, and just overall IDGAF about melee. Sure if the melee train rolls over me, I die the same as literally any other class. Heck, I can even melee myself if I want to but that would be dumb because who puts a lightly armored class in melee??

So I say goodbye to my lovely WH and the hours spent getting to rr70. You were the dream but the game just isn't made for you. Onto the shelf you go.

Legolas, here we come.
hittin rr70 on a char nowadays means u played probably 2 or 3 week and ofc in a zerg situation a ranged class have an advantage over a melee class but dont think that a sw can do much once caught in melee unless its assault spec.and an assault sw is not a lightly armored char...
Last edited by Noslock on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velenne

Post#3 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:39 pm

You're implying something, but I think you should just come out and say it so that you can see how irrelevant it is when you do.

soulbog

Post#4 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:42 pm

velenne wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:34 pm If you're a WH, you're doing it wrong. This game isn't for you. I tried- no, I really did! I think hitting rr70 on a class means you've seen what it has to offer in all its aspects. I joined a group specific to WH's and learned all the best strategies. I posted my frustrations only to be told that the devs feel the class is "in a good spot" and that no changes were on the horizon. I tried to suggest changes. Most of all, I tried to be positive and listen to the words of wisdom: stick it out, kid, it's gets better.

Legolas, here we come.
man is simple join the destro side and you will see clear sky you will be part of the zerg movement in orvr and on sc you will have close to 80% of wining with the melee train and 2-3 week to r70 maybe on the destro side definitely not on order

Noslock

Post#5 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:49 pm

velenne wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:39 pm You're implying something, but I think you should just come out and say it so that you can see how irrelevant it is when you do.
i'm implying that if you learnt so much about wh you should know by now that with all this blob around and zerg playstile in rvr any ranged have the advantage over melee if we are talking about roaming solo and leeching kills.Without support on a melee u simply explode while on ranged you can safely pick your target from a mile and takin it down and be top killer in a zone with no effort.Nothing new always been like that.Sure the buff to sw made that class a little too strong but i dont find that a big deal for any organized destro wb or group.I even rolled one myself just for the lol factor even if i mainly play bo.Wh and Sw have a totally different playstile.Probably you are more suited to Sw playstile.

Bloodlet

Post#6 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:49 pm
velenne wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:39 pm You're implying something, but I think you should just come out and say it so that you can see how irrelevant it is when you do.
Without support on a melee u simply explode while on ranged you can safely pick your target from a mile and takin it down and be top killer in a zone with no effort.
Sounds like you agree with OP. What was the point of your post again?